Wii will start a Revolution

Harry456

i hate to sad some of you guys, but the Wii going largely popular in U.S and our tech-based cousins Japan.

Xbox 360 has it over the PS3 b/c of the year jump they got over it. I thinking it going to kept that year jump b/c well its a year jump and if kept coming out with good games. Well, the xbox 360 looking good when its couple hundred bucks cheaper

PS3, well all i can said is a famous star-wars line, "I have a bad feeling about this." i watch/read console info and i see more and more bad signs for the PS3. I saw it somewhere that its a show to just go to a games store/in the section to see piles of PS3 and you see Wii and 360 totally gone this post-holiday season.

Wii- well yea its has a weird name. "Hey i going to Josh's house to play with his Wii." lol classic joke. It is the new system to get. Why? ITS FOR EVERYONE!! Grandma/pas, mom and dads, and kids can all join together to play the Wii. ITS CHEAP!!!

Sales came out for the holiday seasons and it shows Wii outsold all the console in U.S. and Japan. Then the 360 and then ps3. In Japan, Wii domitanted there. So, PS3 gotta kick themself to starting selling ps3.
DING DING DING round 1: Goes to the Wii

Connor002

Well, though I hate to judge any console on a single experience, I was able to try a PS3 out yesterday (Call of Duty 3, for those interested).

Unfortunately, I was not impressed.
At all.

dxwwf3

Well, though I hate to judge any console on a single experience, I was able to try a PS3 out yesterday (Call of Duty 3, for those interested).

Unfortunately, I was not impressed.
At all.

I hate you had to play that game as your first. I wasn't too impressed with it either. Madden and Resistance are the best two games for the system by far right now. They really spent a lot of time adding Madden animations and it is the only version of the game to feature gang tackling, and it makes a BIG difference.

UWereTheOne

It is the new system to get. Why? ITS FOR EVERYONE!! Grandma/pas, mom and dads, and kids can all join together to play the Wii. ITS CHEAP!!!

Lol, I was at my friend's house about a month ago and we were teaching his grandpa to play Wii Bowling. He was pretty good at it, too.

Harry456

Well, though I hate to judge any console on a single experience,

i know it bad judging on first impression, but being human we can't help it. So sony has to work hard to make PS3 more apealing. thank you drive-by b-b gun shooting and robberies.

erasure fan1

I dont think its just one experience with the PS3. when you only have one really good game people are going to think the system is over rated. I have played 5 or so games and resistance is the only stand out title. As of now the PS3 is a HUGE waste of money unless you want a blu-ray player. I guess we will see when MGS 4 comes out, that could be the killer app that the system needs. But if it goes to the 360, and it might, that will wash out that.

dxwwf3

I dont think its just one experience with the PS3. when you only have one really good game people are going to think the system is over rated. I have played 5 or so games and resistance is the only stand out title.

I don't think you're being unfair at all. However I feel I must ask, did you not see a noticeable difference in Madden from the 360 version? The animations seemed like they were from a different generation to me, but it might not be a big deal to others.

erasure fan1

I don't think you're being unfair at all. However I feel I must ask, did you not see a noticeable difference in Madden from the 360 version? The animations seemed like they were from a different generation to me, but it might not be a big deal to others.

The animation does seem a bit better but the frame rate seems a bit worse. They did have more time to work on the PS3 version if I remember right so I would have expected a bit more. I have not played madden 07 all that much because I am more of a NFL 2K guy (r.i.p.):( The problem so far with the PS3 is the games just dont live up to Sonys hype, and most all of the exlusive titles are now multi platform so they dont have that advantage this generation. If sony can get the system cost down and get some AAA games out, who knows what will happen.

dxwwf3

Ooohhh I hated the 2K NFL games :lol:

Let me say though, how often do theme park attractions not live up to the hype given to them? Almost always. I guess I'm looking more at what the PS3 IS doing as opposed to what it isn't doing well right now. At least you're being fair and objective about it and I can respect that.

MAF

Lol, I was at my friend's house about a month ago and we were teaching his grandpa to play Wii Bowling. He was pretty good at it, too.
My grandma who has never played a video game in her life was having a blast w/ Wii Bowling on Christmas Eve. That's why the Wii will come out on top, it's made for everyone, not just the "hardcore gamers".

erasure fan1

I wanted the PS3 to be great, thats why I waited so long to get my 360. And what closed the deal is Toys r Us had the 360 Pro system for 300$ after free 100$ giftcard about 3 or so days before x-mas. I do see what the PS3 is doing now but I have always been a game play person and the ps3 framerate problems bug me. If it looks good but plays bad I dont want it.

I know people killed Microsoft for all but killing support for the xbox, but looking back that seems like a smart move. I was thinking, sony should have done the same. PS2 is what is holding back the PS3 in some ways. As long as they release really good games like okami, god of war 2, FF12... whats the reason to get a PS3 now? Developers want to make money and if they can make more money on PS2 then thats what they will do. Its just my opinion and observation.

dxwwf3

Yeah I'm really surprised to see how well the PS2 sold this holiday season. I would much rather spend a little more and wait and get a Wii or basic 360 if money was that big of a factor. I don't know who would be buying a PS2 now that wouldn't already have one as well.

Anyways, I'm very pleased with my purchase and I haven't been disapointed at all. Of course, I'm using the machine for much more than just games as well, so I'm the target audience I guess.

Dukeblue1016

Just throwing this out there...

Always always always been a Playstation guy... swore off xbox... HATED it forever... literally hated the system, wouldn't play it... finally gave in my sophomore year of college (2 years ago) when halo 2 came out and all my friends had it... and i still loved PS2 so much more... and waited a year for PS3 because I decided I'd go with that and spend the extra cash...

well i bought 360... greatest investment of my life... no chance I could afford the extra 2 hundo for PS3... plus the games selection ain't there yet

Not gonna say it won't be there, not gonna say the extra 2 hundo isn't worth it... cuz I think it is, and I still want the PS3... but... I gotta say there are probably a good amount of people out there like me who aren't really hardcore gamers... but do love playing video games and will settle for a 360 cuz of price... and it really isn't settling cuz I'm extremely happy with my investment... plus... $50 a year for live gold... yeah in 4 years I'll have paid the difference of the PS3... but I'm a poor college kid in his senior year... so... the $50 a year I can just barely afford, and when I'm done with school... well $50 won't be a big deal at all...

Couldn't be happier with my decision

Harry456

this console war is simply sum up in a couple words: innovation v. high-power graphics.
If nintendo can hit it outta the park and score big with the wii, i believe the Wii will slaughter all others. Why? its my bias opinion that innovation trumps graphics anyday. When you get a game you look for corely is the innovation of the game. New gameplay, new style, new interface, new look and feel and what comes with the game, like a bonus, is the graphics. You don't buy a game with JUST awesome graphics. Obvoiusly it would sucks. you buy it for the gameplay. That is what nintendo is doing: new gameplay and innovation. (of course some are stubborn gamers and just buy gamer that never change. *cough* football games *cough*) j/k

wdwishes2005

I hope the rumors of a wii2 are true. supposedly it would be like the DS light, released about halfway through the current gen cycle, that has xbox 360 like graphics.

dxwwf3

I haven't heard about that one. I wonder how early adopters would feel about that though? I know I would be VERY upset if something like that happened with no prior warning before launch. I still highly doubt that will happen. Unless they are talking about years down the road when Microsoft and Sony are on their next consoles.

UWereTheOne

Eh, I'd rather it be more like a 4-5 year cycle, but if they release a half-console in between, that would be fine too. Now for Microsoft to just come out with a handheld system...

MAF

I hope the rumors of a wii2 are true. supposedly it would be like the DS light, released about halfway through the current gen cycle, that has xbox 360 like graphics.
Well I wouldn't say Xbox 360 graphics, but I did hear they are trying to make the system look better on HD televisions, maybe that's the rumor you were talking about?

wdwishes2005

I heard it was going to be comparable to the xbox 360 as far as graphical capabilities. But, this is a rumor from Joystiq about the most unpredictable console maker on a console upgrade/new console 4-5 years out..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom