Wii will start a Revolution

wdwishes2005

Microsoft sees that I think, thats why they are going to have games cross platform via online play. So you could play halo 3 on 360 against someone running it on a PC. ( I dont know if thats one of the games that will do that, its jsut an example. ) I see it as a small first step. The only reason the console wont go away is as long as someone can make a good system for 200$, 300$ people will buy it because they wont be able to afford 1000$ (at least) or more on a PC.
1k on a pc? Where do you get yours? I have spent like 500$ total on mine and it does everything fine, even though it is under the huge strain of running windows vista...

UWereTheOne

First, I had tons of stuff I wanted to say, but so many other people have said it, I'll just skip it. Basically, I like the Xbox 360. I have a 360, and Oblivion. That game is all the gaming I've wanted from the 360 and more. So far I've only played about 50 hours, because I have a first-gen 360 and don't want the power supply to blow up on me... but I've still play a couple hours a day, except recently when I kept on going out of town.

Some people, they like the PS3. I personally do not. I can play all the fun 360 exclusive games when they come out. As for the PC exclusive games, or the games that just are better on a PC, I'm getting a nice PC, and, for you who think nice gaming PCs cost over $1000, try making your own, get parts off TigerDirect or NewEgg, mine is only about $700.

At first, I somewhat liked the idea of the Revolution. I have a GC, but haven't been playing because of my Xbox and 360. But, then, it was decided to be named Wii. That is what makes me not want to get it. No other reason, but the name. One of my friends had a good suggestion, dremel out Wii and replace it with Revolution...

Now to reply to what some people have said:
wdwishes2005, I thought Halo 2 for PC was for Windows Vista, which isn't out until June. How could it be out in January?
Halo 2 for PC on Gamespot
And I do agree about getting KOTOR for PC, I have the first one and will get the second and (possibly) pre-order third if it's announced when I order the parts for my new gaming computer.
I, personally, play some console games and some PC games. I used to play only console games, but recently have been playing more computer games.
Oh, and what you said earlier, about your computer should dispense pop, not your console? I forget where, but I saw awhile ago that someone took a computer case they thought looked like a fridge, insulated it, put all the necessary cooling parts in, and made ramps so pop cans would roll down and out a hole in the front panel.

and to erasure fan1, you said I think HD DVD will win just for the simple fact that people know the name DVD and the general public HATES change. Look how long it took people to get into DVD from VHS.

Well, no offense, but IMHO I think Blu Ray will win just for the simple fact that people like bigger storage capacity, and the general public will LOVE a single disk with 200GB of data on it. Look how much happier people are with DVDs than VHSs.

erasure fan1

and to erasure fan1, you said I think HD DVD will win just for the simple fact that people know the name DVD and the general public HATES change. Look how long it took people to get into DVD from VHS.
Well, no offense, but IMHO I think Blu Ray will win just for the simple fact that people like bigger storage capacity, and the general public will LOVE a single disk with 200GB of data on it. Look how much happier people are with DVDs than VHSs.

You might be right blue ray might win. The reason I say people will go for HD-DVD is I work in an electronics store and we get people asking about HD-DVD but not so much for blue ray. When I talk about it most have never heard of it. Is blue ray better? Yes, but so was beta and mini disk and how did they do? 200GB disks are great, but trust me the average person wont care. Unless sony comes out with a blue ray recorder at an affordable price it wont matter. You are right, people are very happy with DVD and when people have to go to something new they tend to go with what they are comfortable with, and thats DVD. Sony needs to get better support from the studios as well, look at the UMD, no support, no one cares. Part of the slow start for DVD is big time names like Disney and Lucas would not release movies on the format for a few years. It didnt hurt it because of no other competing format. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, time will tell.

UWereTheOne

You might be right blue ray might win. The reason I say people will go for HD-DVD is I work in an electronics store and we get people asking about HD-DVD but not so much for blue ray. When I talk about it most have never heard of it. Is blue ray better? Yes, but so was beta and mini disk and how did they do? 200GB disks are great, but trust me the average person wont care. Unless sony comes out with a blue ray recorder at an affordable price it wont matter. You are right, people are very happy with DVD and when people have to go to something new they tend to go with what they are comfortable with, and thats DVD. Sony needs to get better support from the studios as well, look at the UMD, no support, no one cares. Part of the slow start for DVD is big time names like Disney and Lucas would not release movies on the format for a few years. It didnt hurt it because of no other competing format. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, time will tell.

I am now starting to see your point. Especially since you have experience from your work. All I really know is what I've read online.
I am also going to want to see how this plays out, and though I prefer Blu-Ray I most likely won't get either until I have seen which format in and of itself is better, and also which format has more support from my preffered movie studios.

You said big names will take awhile to release movies on new formats. There are big names backing both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray formats. Even the two you specifically mentioned, Disney and Lucas (I think you meant 20th Century Fox) have backed Blu-Ray. Also, on both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray movies have already been released. Movies have been released for Blu-Ray by Sony, MGM, Lions Gate, and Warner Bros. Movies for HD-DVD have been released by Warner Bros. and Universal Studios.

erasure fan1

I did a bit of research and I found that the blu-ray disk is 25gb (single layer) and 50gb (dual layer) and the HD-DVD is 15gb (single layer) and 30gb (dual layer) So it is bigger storage but not by that much.

UWereTheOne

I did a bit of research and I found that the blu-ray disk is 25gb (single layer) and 50gb (dual layer) and the HD-DVD is 15gb (single layer) and 30gb (dual layer) So it is bigger storage but not by that much.

Yes, I know that, what I had been talking about was the 8-layer disk they currently have for blu-ray, which is 25*8, so 200gb storage.

I just checked the Wikipedia article, though, and it makes no mention of an 8 layer disk, but I hadn't read that online, my brother told me he read it. The article did, however, mention a 6-layer 200gb disk with 33gb to a layer. I'm guessing that was what my brother had meant. Here's the link from Wikipedia.

bhg469

So who got one? myself i am wating till after christmas cause i can't afford it right now but i am excited for one.

bhg469

Same here, i hate sony with a passion, i hope blue ray fails but with sony in charge of it that will take care of itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom