Wierd, but fun facts

Phonedave

BTW- When I was growing up, at one time we had some hogs. I found in feeding them that they would eat pork scraps quite readily. In fact, they would eat most anything. They made real pigs of themselves.

"Silence of the Swine"[/quote]

You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

:)

-dave

hrcollectibles

Just an interesting fact...

We went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and they told us that the statue of Walt and Mickey was actually connected to the statues of Roy and Minnie at the front enterance.
Walt is telling Mickey that it is time for him to go now, but he has good family to take care of him (thats why he is pointing to the main enterance). Roy and Minnie are waiting for Mickey to join them.

(Have to admit it brought a tear to my eye... haha)
I heard from a cast member that the reason Walt's fingers are spread the way they were is because the statue was based off of a photograph and walt had a cigarette in his hand

NiarrNDisney

"Silence of the Swine"

You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

-dave[/QUOTE]

uhh Sick:hurl: but Good to Know!

Hurricane

More KTTK wisdom: Look at the wooden shutters on the second floor of the buildings in Liberty Square, they're drooping. This is to simulate the leather hinges that would have been used in that era (instead of metal hinges that hang as you are accustomed to).

dandaman

A hidden Tinkerbell? Anyone have a pic of that, Id love to see?

dscn0004_126.jpg

http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/item.php?aid=126

:wave:

CubsRock

Original Poster
I also read somewhere that the reason that the center of the Liberty Square streets are brown is because the colonies didn't have sewers. I'll leave it to you to make the connection.

TrojanUSC

Just an interesting fact...

We went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and they told us that the statue of Walt and Mickey was actually connected to the statues of Roy and Minnie at the front enterance.
Walt is telling Mickey that it is time for him to go now, but he has good family to take care of him (thats why he is pointing to the main enterance). Roy and Minnie are waiting for Mickey to join them.

(Have to admit it brought a tear to my eye... haha)

I'm afraid that is actually not true, though as a former Keys guide, I remember other guides telling people about that. The same statue resides at several other locations, including all the Magic Kingdom parks, as well as The Walt Disney Studios (real one, not fake theme park) in Burbank, CA.

DisneyImagine

One interesting fact i just learned on my previous trip to WDW was that there are no indoor plumbing at all in liberty square, because they didn't have any at the time...

PrincessMiko

"Silence of the Swine"

-dave[/quote]

And this is why I won't eat pork anymore. Thank you for the reminder.
:hurl: ;)

Phonedave

-dave

uhh Sick:hurl: but Good to Know![/quote]

I guess I am the only person here who has seen Snatch ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snatch_(film)

Thats a quote from Brick Top.

-dave

laynalee07

I'm afraid that is actually not true, though as a former Keys guide, I remember other guides telling people about that. The same statue resides at several other locations, including all the Magic Kingdom parks, as well as The Walt Disney Studios (real one, not fake theme park) in Burbank, CA.

Awh Im really sad to hear this story is not true :brick:
But glad to know fact from fiction.

IndyDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiarrNDisney

-dave

No, as soon as the previous poster said something about "pig cannibalism", this was the only thing I thought of. I was, amazed, as you were, that no one got the reference.

Cheers,

Dave

EDIT: I guess you have to be name "Dave" to get it.

TinkerbellTara

I love reading about these little hidden things! I have a few hidden mickey books but does anyone know if there are books for the strange facts? I'd love to brush up on some new interesting tidbits to share with my family while standing in line. As many times as I've been to WDW, learning these fun facts makes it feel like the first time all over again! 24 days and definitely counting!!!

mbtohill

Two books come to mind. First the Hidden Mickey Book - A Field Guide to Walt Disney Worlds Best Kept Secrets and the other is Passporters Treasuer Hunts at WDW....search either on Amazon and the other will be referenced...Happy Hunting

Missing20K

-dave

I, too, thought of Snatch the moment pigs eating stuff came up, but you beat me to it. But thanks for the good chuckle I got from reading your post. That might be the best line in the whole movie. Oh that and "Oh, dogs, yeah, I like daigs."

TinkerbellTara

thanks so much!

I got really excited reading the Animal Kingdom special things thread too ; ) I feel like I rush AK and I'm glad I've found things to help me slow down and explore more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom