Why WDW For Your Vacation ..

real mad hatter

Good Morning Everyone...As my next trip is 2015 October...My early stages of planning have already begun..However yesterday I attended an outside music fest and bumped into some old friends and we got onto the subject of holidays..So I told them this year we are off to Andalusia in October. But we are excited about 2015 and already planning out our trip..:confused:..That was the look I got from them..Why???..One question they did ask me got me thinking..What is the number 1 reason for going to WDW for a vacation.?Is it for the thrills & spills of the rides.?..Is it for all the choices of restaurants available.?..So after pondering over the question I told them..It's the only destination in the entire world that has everything I could want from a vacation...It can be hectic,yet peaceful..It can bring a tear to my eye,yet make me laugh..It has me up at 6.30 in the morning,and going to bed at midnight..In fact,I swear once I enter the Magic Bubble,it takes years off me..I feel like a kid again..I don't know why,but I do..:geek:..No other destination in the world does this..They kinda laughed at my response,so I apologised for my enthusiasm but it's the way I feel about this magical place..So my question to all you Disney geeks..nerds..whatever we call ourselves..What is your number one reason for returning to WDW for a vacation.?;)

JIMINYCR

Thought I was having Deja Vu.... You asked the same question 2 weeks ago. ;)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/why-wdw.870344/
That's OK... I gave a different answer ...;)

That was 2 weeks ago.:eek:.A lot can happen in 2 weeks..:inlove:..Thats like 14 days...or 336 hours..even 1680 minutes...Thats a long time.:jawdrop:...Apart from that I've got short term memory loss which can affect me at any moment..Sorry! What was the question again???:oops:
I dont mind answering your questions even if they are repeats... With all the questions thrown out around here with different wording asking generally the same questions...who can keep track? It's all for fun, enjoyment and sharing our love of the Disney place.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
That's OK... I gave a different answer ...;)

I dont mind answering your questions even if they are repeats... With all the questions thrown out around here with different wording asking generally the same questions...who can keep track? It's all for fun, enjoyment and sharing our love of the Disney place.
Agree...It popped into my head when friends were curious about Why! WDW ! So when I got home I started typing..Silly me..:oops:

Upvote 0

nolatron

That was 2 weeks ago.:eek:.A lot can happen in 2 weeks..:inlove:..Thats like 14 days...or 336 hours..even 1680 minutes...Thats a long time.:jawdrop:...Apart from that I've got short term memory loss which can affect me at any moment..Sorry! What was the question again???:oops:

lol. It was just funny cause I'm reading this and I'm all... "I know I've read this... I know I even replied... it doesn't make any sense!" and then I figured it out. heh. :joyfull:

Upvote 0

cetta28

There is really no other place in the world where you can go and be completely immersed in your vacation. From the moment you land in MCO you are in the magic. My husband thinks that Disney is the only place to have a real vacation. Everything is available in one spot....from fun attractions, shows, food, and just plan fun!!! The reasons are really endless!!

Upvote 0

smk

After having a very stressful year, we chose to go back to WDW this year when we had other options we seriously considered. Why? Because it is our happy place. It is the place we know will provide us with relaxation, pool side fun, strolling and exploring and the most important, MK. I cannot explain it, I don't know if I understand it really, it is just the place we both love and it is fun to be there together. We just had an afternoon of planning and figuring out logistics of what to do with the dogs while we are gone, also what bills to pay and how to structure the whole vacation without putting a dime on a credit card (yay us!). FUN is on the way in 32 days!!

Upvote 0

GrimGrinningGhost15

I get asked this question a lot from my family members. Their idea of a great vacation is going somewhere tropical, sleeping and drinking all day, which they did plenty of growing up as they would go to cancun once a summer and leave us kids with grandma and grandpa! I feel like none of them understand my disney love/obsession, but none of them have ever been there and never took us when we were kids. So the reason I save and scrimp to go to the same place I took my last vacation is because I have never felt as happy and in love as I did when I was there. The smells,the people, the sounds, the shopping... every single things makes me so happy, its a whole other world where every one gets to be a kid and work/money/life can just be on the back burner. I have been to jamaica, different coasts, different sights, different beaches and nothing makes me feel like disney world does. My fiance and I sometimes get teary eyed because of how happy we are to get to go back this winter, is that totally lame and corny? I DONT CARE! Another thing is my fiances father passed away when he was about 11, they used to go to Disney World 2 times a year, mind you we live in Omaha Nebraska so it was quite the trek. I know he feels his dad with him when we are there and that brings me so much happiness! Oh my god can I just go there right now?

Upvote 0

karl75

This year will be our fifth trip to WDW. When we first went in 2008 our kids were 10, 3 and 14month old now that its 2013 and we return this november with a 16 year old a 9 year old and a 7 year old. Our kids have grown up on disney holidays and every trip has had different experiences due to there ages. We keep going back just because its the one thing that we all love as a family. That feeling you get when you step onto main street usa and you lift your head look straight down and see that castle. (You all know what i'm talking about). The memories you get from your childs interractions with the cast members and characters. The sights, smells(can you smell the popcorn) and atmosphere. Even the resorts are just devine each of them with there themes and different characteristics. All in all we keep returning just because we know even if we are up at stupid o'clock every morning and get back to base last thing at night. Our whole day has been filled with fun, food, excitement and even relaxation. No other holiday destination in our eyes comes even close to WDW.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I've been going since the age of 3 and my soon to be husband and I will be spending our honeymoon with The Mouse. It's a tradition embedded in my DNA and when I look back to my happy childhood memories, 99% of them include something disney related. I remember studying souvenir books, singing Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit, and setting up my porcelain disney figurines. And trips to the Disney store were always a highlight.

We love to travel there, plan, plan, and plan. It's predictable, yet open for new experiences. We love to go back "home" to something were familiar to, yet do new things every time. We always can't wait to go back!!!

Upvote 0

IWantMyMagicBand

Our reason for going is because £'s per day it works out best for us. Where else can you go where you are thoroughly entertained from the moment you wake up until you go to bed.
Why on earth would you want to go somewhere to sit round a pool for 2 weeks, eating British food in Spain "cos you'll get delhi belly otherwise", pool/beach, pool/beach. Ugh. Groundhog anyone?
Go somewhere and forget the real world.
We even did (and those in the UK will be familiar with this), a Sun Holiday. it's a system where you collect newspaper tokens and after 10 tokens you can book a holiday, in a caravan (like Fort Wilderness), for £9.50 each on a holiday camp. My kids were so bored we had to go offsite to find themeparks. Cost more than going to Disneyland Paris. So now we go to Disneyland Paris every 6 months and WDW every 18-24 months.
And I just couldn't imagine going anywhere else, I really couldn't!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Our reason for going is because £'s per day it works out best for us. Where else can you go where you are thoroughly entertained from the moment you wake up until you go to bed.
Why on earth would you want to go somewhere to sit round a pool for 2 weeks, eating British food in Spain "cos you'll get delhi belly otherwise", pool/beach, pool/beach. Ugh. Groundhog anyone?
Go somewhere and forget the real world.
We even did (and those in the UK will be familiar with this), a Sun Holiday. it's a system where you collect newspaper tokens and after 10 tokens you can book a holiday, in a caravan (like Fort Wilderness), for £9.50 each on a holiday camp. My kids were so bored we had to go offsite to find themeparks. Cost more than going to Disneyland Paris. So now we go to Disneyland Paris every 6 months and WDW every 18-24 months.
And I just couldn't imagine going anywhere else, I really couldn't!
Very well put..I have friends,well,people I know,who head off to Spain,usually Benidorm every year.Its great they say..English breakfast on every corner..Plenty of pubs..Like The Black Bull..The Red Lion..The George & Dragon..Get the picture..I smile and under my breath I'am saying..Get a life folks..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom