Why The Same Resort Hotel?

real mad hatter

Hi folks,I was wondering this morning,does anyone go back to the same resort hotel,year after year.I've seen lots of people stating where they've stayed and it's mostly varied.Or have you tried out several hotels and finally said " that's it,were staying here on every vacation".What iam trying to find out is what makes this resort hotel to you so special that you won't stay anywhere else.:wave:

Tomi-Rocket

We have stayed at a different hotel on each trip. I have found a resort I'd like to stay in on every future trip BUT the problem that arises is we just cannot afford to stay at the Grand Floridian every time.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Since I am a DVC Member I stay at 1 of 2 resorts. VWL or OKW. We plan to try some other DVC resorts but just enjoy our stays at VWL which is our favorite and OKW which we like as well but lower points = longer stay.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

I think for us it depends, we find that favorite hotel, and say ok, lets try this out this time. And we stay there for once or twice but then go back to our favorite-which for me is WL.-I think it just all depends on things, cost, length etc...

With WL we have stayed there three times, and for some reason its just comfortable there. We love the atmosphere, the decor the warmth of it.

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

We are DVC members as well so our list of resorts that we will stay at really narrow down. With that said we keep it between two resorts if we can. Beach Club and Boardwalk. There are three big reasons: location, location, location. We can walk to Epcot and HS. Even just around the beautiful boardwalk. We also love the resorts too. They have great pools and pretty awesome amenities. Our home resort is Saratoga so we have to have our fingers crossed every time we get to the 7 month mark of booking our vacations, so we focus on taking our trips during more down times that those aren't usually as busy. We like Saratoga but it's no Beach or Boardwalk. :wave:

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

We used to like to try different resorts but then we stayed at BLT and bought into BLT and now have booked a third stay in a row. Our kids are still young and we just love to spend more time in MK so this location can't be beat for us.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I think for me, its that feeling I get when I'm there. I stayed at POFQ for the first time in 2008 and I had such a peaceful, relaxing, Im in WDW feeling the entire time we were there and I absolutely fell in love with that resort. I said this is where I'm staying from now on.. for the money its perfect. Its like a mini-deluxe in my eyes. I cannot wait to go back in september.

Upvote 0

Mongomil

For us we want to try every resort they have. I have been to a couple that we would really love to stay at again and again but we just can not do it untill they have all been explored.

Upvote 0

Spikerdink

As a DVC member, I have been trying out all of the different resorts. My home base is Saratoga, but I have only stayed there five times since I bought in nine years ago.

I have gone to OKW 6 times (huge rooms and less points is the plus there - disadvantage being transportation), WLV 3 times (love the resort - it may be my favorite theme), BCV and BV once each (the fact that it is so easy to walk to Epcot and the atmosphere at both make it a priority to go back!)

Part of me likes to explore other resorts and I really enjoy discovering something new. Other times I just want to go to someplace comfortable and known.

Of the non-DVC resorts, I loved PO - and would love to stay there again.

If someone gave me a free one week trip to any resort, I think I would go back to PO....but I wouldn't say no to any place on property!

Upvote 0

Pastgrand

Always have returned to ASMu orASMu, because after 73 visits, being a past grandmarshall, and the dubious honer of the only person mattied on the castle balcony, I have stayed at every resort, and find the value for the $$, at ALL STARS. More money left over for other things, like add on cruise, (#8 coming this Sept on Fantasy). The opulence no longer impresses me. Clean, affordable, convenient does the job. Air fares are no longer bargains, so to do more, we have learned this is better for us.

Upvote 0

Pastgrand

So many times is was going to join DVC, but the annual fees have always been our drawback. Usually only 1 trip per yr now after 73 prior, and the cost seems to work out about the same, as we cruise almost every year, and could not accumulate enough points

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We started or Disney stays reserving rooms at the Poly and Contemp and were happy at both places. Then we tried to schedule a next trip and both resorts were booked solid. Our travel agent suggested POFQ as a possibility, so we booked it. We fell in love with everything about the resort, wonderful CM staff, no hassles getting to the parks, easy access to DTD, plus the cost was much much cheaper. So we've stayed at POFQ ever since, and will continue to do so until something happens that makes us change.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Like others, we too have stayed at alot of different resorts on property (and a few times off property when we made impromptu visits to Disney) I guess I stick to *tradition* too much, but always wind up back at the Polynesian. For our family, it holds alot of memories, we love the layout of the room, the grounds, the restaurants, easy access to parks, the pool, general atmosphere, etc. The sounds, smells, sites at the Polynesian, just scream "vacation* to us.

Upvote 0

The Incredible Schmulk

We would like to try new places to stay on every trip, just like we like to try new restaurants on ever trip. Unfortunately, budget, discounts and time of year dictate where we stay more than our want to try a new resort hotel.

That being said, we both love French Quarter and Boardwalk. As far as I'm concerned, we could stay at one or the other on every trip, and I'd be perfectly content.

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

It depends who I go with. If I go with my grandparents on my dad's side of the family, we stay at Shades of Green for the military discount, but if I go with my mom's side we stay at the Contemporary. I've only stayed at 3 hotels-- Shades of Green, Contemporary and Grand Floridian, though I'd love to stay at them all. But since I usually go with my whole family, I don't usually get much say in where we stay, so I guess they just really like the Contemporary. :shrug:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi folks,I was wondering this morning,does anyone go back to the same resort hotel,year after year.I've seen lots of people stating where they've stayed and it's mostly varied.Or have you tried out several hotels and finally said " that's it,were staying here on every vacation".What iam trying to find out is what makes this resort hotel to you so special that you won't stay anywhere else.:wave:

Yes, we tend to repeat the Grand Floridian. We have stayed at other places but have been there the most. Its our favorite and since the resort is a big part of our Disney experience, we want to make sure it is amazing. But this September, we are staying at the Poly for a change. I'm excited to try something new! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We usually stay at either POR or POP.
We stay at POP when our in-laws go...since we have 5 people, we can put one of the kids on their reservation.
But, when we go without them, we stay at POR because it is the most economical resort for 5 people.
Plus, we really do enjoy staying at POR.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom