Why The Same Resort Hotel?

real mad hatter

Hi folks,I was wondering this morning,does anyone go back to the same resort hotel,year after year.I've seen lots of people stating where they've stayed and it's mostly varied.Or have you tried out several hotels and finally said " that's it,were staying here on every vacation".What iam trying to find out is what makes this resort hotel to you so special that you won't stay anywhere else.:wave:

bethymouse

Stay at them all!

I for one am trying to visit alll of them:) Not sure if I will ever meet that goal, but I will try!:cool: I have stayed at ASM Family Suite, POP, POR, CBR, and WL. Now we are doing the POLY!:D Not sure if I want to do the cabins or any other value resort, except Art of Animation of course!:animwink: My husband doesn't want to do the GF. I want to try BLT some day and BC and/or BW. Not really interested in CS or SS, but some day would like to try AKL Savanna view:)
of course these are just my personal preferences:animwink:

Upvote 0

lbrad

My favorite is POFQ :sohappy:

BUT I'll stay anywhere ... even AS if I'm in WDW!!!
Unfortunately $$$ (or lack of) dictates where we stay

Upvote 0

vjgraham

We don't stay at the same resort every time, but we don't stay at a new resort each visit either. We have 3-4 resorts that we really like and stay at one of those based on our budget on each trip..just never at a value, since we feel that the benefits of the nicer resorts outweigh the price difference.

Upvote 0

SMS55

Pop is my wife's favorite value resort. We stayed the last three times, but we will be staying at the Music next time. Found it much cheaper this time.

Upvote 0

hp9314

Port Orleans Riverside Regular

Hi folks,I was wondering this morning,does anyone go back to the same resort hotel,year after year.I've seen lots of people stating where they've stayed and it's mostly varied.Or have you tried out several hotels and finally said " that's it,were staying here on every vacation".What iam trying to find out is what makes this resort hotel to you so special that you won't stay anywhere else.:wave:

I think it depends on your family and the needs of your vacation. We come from the UK, and Riverside was the first and only Disney Resort we have stayed. We come for the parks so dont stay on the resort through the day. Riverside in my opinion is very central. Furthest park is only 15 mins away and you have the option of going to DTD by boat which is great. The surroundings are superb and the set out of the resort is well thought out. My wife ans I are both in our fifties with no children. Picking a mod over say Pop gives us the DDP which saves us a little on food. We have visited other resorts, Coronardo. Swan Dolphin, Boardwalk, Beach etc but feel all our needs are catered for at Riverside. I would not think any of the resorts are bad its about what suits your needs

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Nice One.

I think it depends on your family and the needs of your vacation. We come from the UK, and Riverside was the first and only Disney Resort we have stayed. We come for the parks so dont stay on the resort through the day. Riverside in my opinion is very central. Furthest park is only 15 mins away and you have the option of going to DTD by boat which is great. The surroundings are superb and the set out of the resort is well thought out. My wife ans I are both in our fifties with no children. Picking a mod over say Pop gives us the DDP which saves us a little on food. We have visited other resorts, Coronardo. Swan Dolphin, Boardwalk, Beach etc but feel all our needs are catered for at Riverside. I would not think any of the resorts are bad its about what suits your needs

Very well put.It's funny after trying several resorts we also have fell in love with PORS. To us it has everything from beautiful grounds to that lovely boat ride to downtown.:wave:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

If I could afford it, I would stay at Wilderness Lodge every trip. But I'd rather have a longer trip in a value, so I stay at Pop. I have stayed at several other resorts in all of the categories, but those two feel like I've come "home" when I'm in WDW, so those are where I tend to stay.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom