Why so much hate for Uni and still such devotion to WDW?

SJN1279

Hogwarts
I just simply enjoy the product that UOR is putting out these days more than what Disney is offering. I love staying at Portofino Bay. I love eating at The Palm, BiCE, and Tchoup Chop. I love the recent crop of rides. Forbidden Journey and Transformers are great attractions. And I am quite excited for Diagon Alley and Kong.
WDW hasn't built anything that interests me since Everest, which even when the Yeti was working, was a bit of a disappointment for me. Combine that with stale entertainment offerings, and WDW isn't someplace that I want to spend my money. Particularly at the price levels of their resorts and food options.

Harry Potter and The Unthemed White Building
Harry Potter and The Magical Flying Benches
Harry Potter and The Muggle Vomit

Transformers, the same ride as Spiderman, just with personality devoid Robots that fight over and over and over again.

RTeker

also another sign of how bad it is at disney (yea i skipped alot of reading so not sure if this got mentioned) was the fact they built a 7th pavilion in the future showcase area but as soon as the Mission to Mars was opened they shut down #7 and left the building sitting there. The Imaginarium pavillion used to be a 2 floor funhouse now its a joke. I could go on but lets cut this down, the ENTIRE future showcase area of Epcot needs to be revamped and upgraded, including Spaceship Earth

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Let me tell you that I have been to Universal, both California and Florida often, and even have had annual passes at one time. Still if I can only go to one location it is Disney. I just enjoy Disney product more than I do Universal. So does that make me a hater of Universal, no it does not. At the same time when I pick Disney over Universal does not make me a pixie duster, not at all. Do I feel Disney could be doing better at Walt Disney World, yes I do. Have they improved Disneyland Resort in the last few years, yes they have. I just hope it is now time to put some additional funding in Walt Disney World and I think I see a turn around starting. Lots of long overdue rehabs going on everywhere, new parade in the Magic Kingdom, Disney Springs is underway, Pandora is coming, and I still think Star Wars will be added to the mix very soon.

What amazes me is that people on this web site, a Walt Disney Fan Site, find it hard to believe that people support Disney over Universal. Come on get real on that issue. I bet on a Universal Fan Site they love Universal as much as the people on this site love Disney.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Let me tell you that I have been to Universal, both California and Florida often, and even have had annual passes at one time. Still if I can only go to one location it is Disney. I just enjoy Disney product more than I do Universal. So does that make me a hater of Universal, no it does not. At the same time when I pick Disney over Universal does not make me a pixie duster, not at all. Do I feel Disney could be doing better at Walt Disney World, yes I do. Have they improved Disneyland Resort in the last few years, yes they have. I just hope it is now time to put some additional funding in Walt Disney World and I think I see a turn around starting. Lots of long overdue rehabs going on everywhere, new parade in the Magic Kingdom, Disney Springs is underway, Pandora is coming, and I still think Star Wars will be added to the mix very soon.

What amazes me is that people on this web site, a Walt Disney Fan Site, find it hard to believe that people support Disney over Universal. Come on get real on that issue. I bet on a Universal Fan Site they love Universal as much as the people on this site love Disney.
perhaps you have misunderstood my intent of this thread (posted in the UNIVERSAL sub section of this site). Not that people prefer one over the other, rather people, most of whom have not even visited Universal, absolutely trash the parks. Your posts lead me to believe you are not one of those people.
I really hope Disney WILL turn it around- they have to. They obviously have the creativity- just not the right people in charge anymore.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
perhaps you have misunderstood my intent of this thread (posted in the UNIVERSAL sub section of this site). Not that people prefer one over the other, rather people, most of whom have not even visited Universal, absolutely trash the parks. Your posts lead me to believe you are not one of those people.
I really hope Disney WILL turn it around- they have to. They obviously have the creativity- just not the right people in charge anymore.

Oh they understood, some folk just love to be victims. And what really pees on their strawberries is that some folk on a Disney fan site prefer the options currently offered by a competitor, you can have your opinion by please dont say it out loud. You would have thought that residents of the largest consumer economy (or is it former largest) would understand consumer choice when a brand declines.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

I just went to the Universal portion of this Web Site today and looked at the first three pages of postings and did not see negative title. The only negative stuff I find anywhere about Universal is in posting that are filled with people being negative about Walt Disney World. Maybe it is just a over reaction to all the trashing of Walt Disney World that goes on this web site daily. If you want examples of that just read the ones above in this tread.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Oh they understood, some folk just love to be victims. And what really pees on their strawberries is that some folk on a Disney fan site prefer the options currently offered by a competitor, you can have your opinion by please dont say it out loud. You would have thought that residents of the largest consumer economy (or is it former largest) would understand consumer choice when a brand declines.
that made me LOL! I totally agree :) why troll the UOR sub sect if they aren't a little curious about what they're missin':p

danpam1024

Original Poster
I just went to the Universal portion of this Web Site today and looked at the first three pages of postings and did not see negative title. The only negative stuff I find anywhere about Universal is in posting that are filled with people being negative about Walt Disney World. Maybe it is just a over reaction to all the trashing of Walt Disney World that goes on this web site daily. If you want examples of that just read the ones above in this tread.
not usually in the titles.....

SJN1279

Yeah, whatever. I still prefer UOR over WDW.

And that's fine to each their own. Both resorts have strengths and weaknesses. I actually believe that Universal was at its strongest when Islands of Adventure first opened. Even though The Mummy, The Simpsons, and Despicable Me are great attractions!

cheezbat

I just went to the Universal portion of this Web Site today and looked at the first three pages of postings and did not see negative title. The only negative stuff I find anywhere about Universal is in posting that are filled with people being negative about Walt Disney World.

That would be because many of us fans are HAPPY that Universal is still trying to cater to its park goers by adding new attractions every year, whereas Walt Disney World is investing in a multi-billion dollar reservation system. Disney isn't building groundbreaking E-ticket attractions anymore. When was the last one...2006? 8 years since the LAST E-ticket in a resort that boasts 4 theme parks is awful.

The parks are getting stale. Yes they have classic attractions we all love, but WDW is becoming nothing more than a data mining hotel/DVC cash machine.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
That would be because many of us fans are HAPPY that Universal is still trying to cater to its park goers by adding new attractions every year, whereas Walt Disney World is investing in a multi-billion dollar reservation system. Disney isn't building groundbreaking E-ticket attractions anymore. When was the last one...2006? 8 years since the LAST E-ticket in a resort that boasts 4 theme parks is awful.

The parks are getting stale. Yes they have classic attractions we all love, but WDW is becoming nothing more than a data mining hotel/DVC cash machine.

But that is not what this posting is about; it said that Disney was trashing Universal on this web site. The fact is that there is a lot more trashing of Disney, as can be seen in your post, than there every is about Universal. Some like Pepsi..some like Coke. If you do not like Disney than vote with your dollars and do not go there. I have been going all my life and the thing that I find interesting is it never gets stale. I ride something that I have been on countless times and still find a new little detail I have never seen before. I am not a big fan of the new expansion of the Magic Kingdom, but I think that the addition of the new roller coaster (I know it is not an E ticket) will be something new and fun to do.

LithiumBill

People are entitled to debate and nitpick things that they love (Star Wars Prequels anyone?) The things you love are always under the microscope. It's the folks that feel that they need to compare things, and that one must be better, those are the arguments that get old real fast.

If one of the Uni parks does move up in attendance over one of the Disney parks, would the world end? Would they close AK in shame? Nope.

It's truly Coke vs. Pepsi. Wars vs. Trek. Marvel vs. DC.

This particular forum is for WDW fanatics, so yeah, they are going to fight back against the "haters".

(Me? I go to both properties, and have a good time. It's vacation after all.)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I just did a search for "junky six flags" and the only thing that came up was your posting. Please post the reference that you have so I can read this post.

danpam1024

Original Poster
But that is not what this posting is about; it said that Disney was trashing Universal on this web site. The fact is that there is a lot more trashing of Disney, as can be seen in your post, than there every is about Universal. Some like Pepsi..some like Coke. If you do not like Disney than vote with your dollars and do not go there. I have been going all my life and the thing that I find interesting is it never gets stale. I ride something that I have been on countless times and still find a new little detail I have never seen before. I am not a big fan of the new expansion of the Magic Kingdom, but I think that the addition of the new roller coaster (I know it is not an E ticket) will be something new and fun to do.
OP- you have totally mis read the thread. I was posing an honest question. Not which park is better- why people can find fault with ANYTHING UOR when their (and MY) beloved Disney has so many more. And on top of it pay more for less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom