Why not remove Cinderella's Castle

nickys

Premium Member
Surely this idea was put forward in jest.
Ya think? đŸ€Ș

Of course it was in jest. Or more as a protest post perhaps.

Of course, tracking where guests go will show very few ever venture into the castle, so that’s all the evidence they need. 😉

I wonder what proportion of guests do actually visit either BBB or CRT? đŸ€”

SaveDinosaur

"I think that just as Disney should retheme the Haunted Mansion to Disney Villains instead of using the expansion pads, why do it like at Disneyland and add instead of replacing?" - Paid Disney Influencers probably...

If you think this is ridiculous even for shills, I saw an argument yesterday by one of them who said they should retheme WDW's Pirates to the new Coco ride coming to DCA because Orlando's version isn't as good as the one in Anaheim...

TrainsOfDisney

Where did I say Walt owned the Castle? Walt wanted a big item in place that immediately drew guests into the parks and up the main avenue into the park.
I wasn’t saying you did - but your statement was “Walt wanted the castle.” True. Walt also wanted a riverboat and he wanted it so much that he owned it personally along with the railroad and monorail.

SaveDinosaur

I wasn’t saying you did - but your statement was “Walt wanted the castle.” True. Walt also wanted a riverboat and he wanted it so much that he owned it personally along with the railroad and monorail.
He wanted the river so much that Rivers of America was even included in the rough cut Disney made of Magic Kingdom when they were still deciding what Walt Disney World was going to be.

DisneyHead123

Walt never said that. modern WDI came up with that to deflect blame on unpopular decisions.
"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." - Walt Disney

“Walt never intended his parks to be museums” - Bob Chapek

You are correct, apologies. That said, Disney did talk about the parks being dynamic and evolving and, according to this article, even Tony Baxter has said “When a new ride comes and an old one drops out, there are bound to be twinges. But it has to happen, or (Disneyland) becomes a museum and an arthritic collection of things people were attached to in the '60s."

To be fair he said that before the IP frenzy era. But I think this goes back to my original point - whether this should be done at all is debatable, whether it should be done poorly is of course an easier question.

Again, as a mom, the selfish part of me feels like the mom in Wells For Boys and just wants something my kid might like! 😂 But as someone who loves the parks and the quaint, beautiful, historic ambience, the idea that they might bulldoze that and create something with approximately as much artistry as a themed soft play area in a mall (some of them are pretty darn cute, but still,) is really worrisome.

DisneyHead123

He also said it before they redid the figment ride haha

Yeah, certainly the context may have changed somewhat over the years. But just pointing out the sentiment has been prevalent in the company for awhile.

Oh everyone thinks he said it! The current Disney company wants you to think he said it :)

😂 Apparently! Usually I’m pretty good about doing a quick Google to confirm my facts but that one I didn’t think twice about.

KDM31091

They have an obsession of monetizing everything and the good news is that the Castle does bring in a lot of money with Cinderella's Royal Table, so I think it's safe.

Walt Disney1955

These days, with modern Disney, I cringe at every announcement they make because their announcements just mean replacing beloved attractions. Splash Mountain gets an inferior ride in its place, Snow White gets a meet and greet in its place, Country Bears becomes watered down. And now they literally replace possibly the best land in the Magic Kingdom? They are tearing out the heart of Frontierland. There is something to be said about riding in a Liberty Belle Riverboat. It was the quiet, the slower pace, the escape from crowds, etc. Ditto Tom Sawyer Island. I really don't think modern Disney "gets" what Frontierland is suppose to be. It is literally suppose to be a blast from the past. That's the point. With all of the space they have in Magic Kingdom this is a horrible decision. How does Universal continue to get better and Disney continue to get worse?

hopemax

Cinderella Castle probably pays for its continued existence via Dessert Parties and other upcharge opportunities during Fireworks.

The stuff you have to watch out for, is even back in the 1990s WDI was debating retheming Main Street. Since if what is nostalgic for adults in 1955 was 1900, then as we approached 2000 it would be the 1950s. At this rate, older people's childhoods are now the 1980s. So imagine that on Main Street. Less gingerbread theming and maintenance.

donaldtoo

With the removal of Tom Sawyer island, Splash Mountain, the Rivers of America, and the (beautiful) Lilly Belle, let's go all out and remove Cinderella's Castle. Think about it, it's taking up precious space where we could bout up a new coaster !!!

Personally, I think they just need to add a coaster to it
 ;)

A0C99144-E534-48BE-8F43-028640FE7DD9.jpeg

Walt Disney1955

Cinderella Castle probably pays for its continued existence via Dessert Parties and other upcharge opportunities during Fireworks.

The stuff you have to watch out for, is even back in the 1990s WDI was debating retheming Main Street. Since if what is nostalgic for adults in 1955 was 1900, then as we approached 2000 it would be the 1950s. At this rate, older people's childhoods are now the 1980s. So imagine that on Main Street. Less gingerbread theming and maintenance.

Nothing is off of the table with modern Disney. Absolutely nothing. Which is sad. There has to be a good blend of old and new there, that's what makes the park great.

Goofyernmost

I've told all of you a million times never to exaggerate. I know it is usually hard to feel sarcasm in the printed word because there is no reflection in tone, but geese folks this one is so obvious that I guess the situation in the our world today is causing people to only expect one thing. Get a grip.

We are driving each other insane with over the top negativity.

Touchdown

Business wise? Because the castle is the focal point of a nighttime spectacular that is wildly successful at keeping crowds in the park at night spending money. It’s the same reason DL ROA is safe for the foreseeable future.

Additionally the castle sells countless photo packages, princess dresses, trinkets, and what nots to justify its existence (not to mention the restaurant revenue)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom