Why no character meal geared toward boys?

Dragonrider1227

Perhaps it is all in how you look at it. I was really surprised when my son asked me to make a reservation at the restaurant with "all the pretty girls around" for our upcoming trip. I was not even going to offer it to him, he just saw the picture. I am pretty sure he is looking to collect kisses from all the princesses. He loved having a big lip print on the side of his face when we ran in to Belle in Epcot last time. Anyway, like I said, it is all in how you look at it!

Sounds like MY kind of kid :lol:

I personally am surprised that Pixar Place in Hollywood Studios doesn't have a character meal place. they've got enough characters to do it with
Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Flick, Adda, Mike, Sully, Mr. & Mrs. Incredible, Frozone, and the cast from Up have all appeared in the parks so why not put them all in one easy to locate restaurant? :shrug:
Maybe they just don't think boys are interested in meeting characters while they eat. I've noticed when Disney DOES do something with boys, it's usually a thrill ride of some sort. Maybe that's all Disney thinks boys want. It would be a STUPID assumption but it could be what they think
Oh, and great picture kangaand2roos XD This keeps up boys will think Disney World is "Cootie central" XD

powlessfamily4

Question..... Have they ever had disney character meals that specifically targeted boys?? It seems odd that Disney would just not be doing this unless they tried it and it was not successful. Also, mechandising is aimed at girls. I don't know if it is the whole "guys don't like to shop" thing or what. Just walk into any clothing store and look at what is offered for males and what is offered for females and you will see a vast difference. I noticed when I had my son and went shopping for him, 4 racks of baby boy clothing and 10 for little girls. It appears that is carried over into Disney character meals.

harryk

Question..... Have they ever had disney character meals that specifically targeted boys?? It seems odd that Disney would just not be doing this unless they tried it and it was not successful. Also, mechandising is aimed at girls. I don't know if it is the whole "guys don't like to shop" thing or what. Just walk into any clothing store and look at what is offered for males and what is offered for females and you will see a vast difference. I noticed when I had my son and went shopping for him, 4 racks of baby boy clothing and 10 for little girls. It appears that is carried over into Disney character meals.

I asked this question years and years ago.
Have never seen a character meal specifically aimed at boys.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Was there once a villains character meal at The Grand Floridian or am i mistaken???

If so, why in gods name is it not still there???????:shrug::confused::shrug:

zurgandfriend

I have said this before but repeat myself;

The Veranda in Adventure Land great location for a Pirates themed character meal.

The Diamond Horse Shoe in Frontier Land a great location for a "Woody and friends" Toy Story character meal

Disneykidder

I totally agree. I have boys and seeing the same Mickey Minnie character dining is great, but should be branched out. This is another reason why I am upset over the Toon Town demolition. It has a lot for boys there.

My son did the pirate adventure a couple of years ago and lovvved it and still asks about it. That might be an option for any of the boys out there.

Eyorefan

Was there once a villains character meal at The Grand Floridian or am i mistaken???

If so, why in gods name is it not still there???????:shrug::confused::shrug:

Yes, years ago the 1900 Park Fair had a villains meal that wasn't that popular. I think it was a weird fit of dark characters in a light, Victorian setting. Also, a lot of younger kids are afraid of the villians so I can't imagine wanting to take your pre-schooler to a meal where they were going to be freaked out the whole time.

Testtrack321

Disney's tried a Pirates themed dining experience and it didn't work. The Pirates League takes in a fraction of the money Bibbity Bobbity takes in. I've heard a lot of people complain about this, but then they don't go to such a place when offered.

There's only two real princess aimed character meals if I'm not mistaken and A LOT of generic ones.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but even when younger I didn't care for the character meals beyond Mickey & Goofy. I'd rather be on Big Thunder. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom