Why is there no sweet tea at Disney??

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sweet tea is definitely a southern thing however Florida kind of has its compass reversed when it comes to southern culture. The farther north you go the more southern you get. If you want to see a real site go to Fernandina Beach. At Fernandina you have guys that wear flannel shirts with board shorts, there name is Brad but they drive big Bubba trucks and say things like bitchen yall.

Goodeone

As a Canadian the only Iced Tea I'll touch is Sweetened. I can't stand the taste of unsweetened Iced Tea, like others have said, its just cold tea.

I find it pretty funny how American's consider it a Southern US thing, yet if you travel north of the border the only Iced Tea you'll find is sweetened.

Stinkerbell

crazymatrix_gal said:
yep, can't find it anywhere... Also, I have yet to find a place where they sell
DR. Pepper! Oh well....:lol:

They do not serve Dr. Pepper because it is a Pepsi product. I think Coca-Cola is their sponsor. They could at least serve Mr. Pibb though. :) That would be nice.

jasonchas

I wished WDW had sweet tea.

I grew up in NC and went to college in Charleston, SC. When you order "tea" you get sweet iced tea.

I moved to Rhode Island 6 years ago. My first trip here I ordered "tea". I figured I would get unsweet iced tea. Instead I got a cup of hot tea.

Now I order water.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Stinkerbell said:
They do not serve Dr. Pepper because it is a Pepsi product. I think Coca-Cola is their sponsor. They could at least serve Mr. Pibb though. :) That would be nice.

Actually, DR Pepper is part 7-UP/Dr Pepper Beverages, a division of UK Based Cadbury/Schweppes. In the US, depending on the region Dr Pepper is bottled by either a Coca-Cola Bottler or a Pepsi Bottler or an independent. In the NYC area it is done by Coca Cola.

For more info about this and other soda related items. http://www.beverage-digest.com/ is a very informative website.

Stinkerbell

monothingie said:
Actually, DR Pepper is part 7-UP/Dr Pepper Beverages, a division of UK Based Cadbury/Schweppes. In the US, depending on the region Dr Pepper is bottled by either a Coca-Cola Bottler or a Pepsi Bottler or an independent. In the NYC area it is done by Coca Cola.

For more info about this and other soda related items. http://www.beverage-digest.com/ is a very informative website.

Who bottles Dr. Pepper in the South (or Florida), Pepsi or Coke? If it is Pepsi, would they sell it in Disney World if Coke is their sponsor?

tigsmom

TheCoasterKid said:
As a Canadian the only Iced Tea I'll touch is Sweetened. I can't stand the taste of unsweetened Iced Tea, like others have said, its just cold tea.

I find it pretty funny how American's consider it a Southern US thing, yet if you travel north of the border the only Iced Tea you'll find is sweetened.

Sweetened tea is not Sweet tea.

Sweetened tea just has a normal amount of sugar in it. Sweet Tea has 3 or 4 times (maybe more) than most people use. Its a very distinct flavor.

Ringo8n24

It seems true Southern tea is not only very sweet, but very dark. I hate going to a restaurant and getting tea that is almost clear it is so weak. When we make tea at home, we go through a ton of bags to make one pitcher. :)

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Stinkerbell said:
Who bottles Dr. Pepper in the South (or Florida), Pepsi or Coke? If it is Pepsi, would they sell it in Disney World if Coke is their sponsor?

The best way to determine that is to find out whether or not Mr Phibb (coke's varient of Dr Pepper) is being sold in your region. If it is that means that Pepsi is probably doing the bottling for Dr. Pepper. I believe that last time i was in central florida I did see Mr Phibb on the shelf at Publix, so that would mean that Pepsico is doing the bottling.

Another factor to consider is the fountain size for the Soda. Usually they typically dispense 6 differnt soft drinks from one fountain. At WDW It is
Coke (2 Dispensers in the fountain) Diet Coke, Sprite, and two others (I forget it could be Barq's Root beer, Minute Maid Lemonade, Nestea or they double up on the Sprite or Diet Coke).

Wilt Dasney

I just had some raspberry iced tea with lunch at Cracker Barrel. A nice change of pace, but once you drink all the syrup, it's just unsweet tea with a pretty pink hue.

WOW ! i live in louisiana and live off sweet tea .. i cant belive yall dont know what it is ! ... but for those who dont know imagine .... cold tea ... that is sweet ... it is the best ! in fact i am drinking it right now

oh yeah ... if you dont know what sweet tea is go to your grocery store and get RED DIAMOND sweet tea ... but make sure it is cold if it isnt put it over ice and there you go ... IT IS GREAT

Ringo8n24

tylers5592 said:
oh yeah ... if you dont know what sweet tea is go to your grocery store and get RED DIAMOND sweet tea ... but make sure it is cold if it isnt put it over ice and there you go ... IT IS GREAT

Oh that is some good stuff!!! :slurp: Check the expiration date on it though.

scottnj1966

sweet tea

Ringo8n24 said:
Oh that is some good stuff!!! :slurp: Check the expiration date on it though.

Sweet Tea is all over Florida. The only restaurants that dont have it are the lazy ones. Thats the only reason.
Even fast food restaurants like Krystals and Arbys have sweet tea.
Everytime I go to Disney I ask why. They dont have a reason.
Maybe I will start asking the managers.

I dont get up North at all so I had no idea you all did not know or have sweet tea.

RedBaron

Even though I dont drink my tea sweetened in any way, I thought to get real sweet tea you had to make a simple syrup (1 part sugar to 1 part water heated till boiling and then cooled) and add it to brewed iced tea? Anyone who does drink sweet tea knows that adding sugar to iced tea does not work since it really does not disolve.

pinkrose

tylers5592 said:
Milo's sweet tea is yummy as well. :slurp:

crazymatrix_gal

tylers5592 said:
WOW ! i live in louisiana and live off sweet tea .. i cant belive yall dont know what it is ! ... but for those who dont know imagine .... cold tea ... that is sweet ... it is the best ! in fact i am drinking it right now

Amen! Hey neighbor!:wave: I live in Louisiana, not too far from where you are! Cool! I live on sweet tea!

daveemtdave

Just got back from grocery store - and they carried a product called southern sweet tea -- bought it and it was much sweeter than what I am use to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom