Why is it that some people just don't get it????

disneytati

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Did you notice how all the stories shared here happened to all of us in one way or another? And I'm not even American! Which makes it even harder, you know, because for us it's much more expensive, and I get a lot of those "you're going there AGAIN?"...
Also, Brazilians have a tendency to send their children by themselves in big tour groups, exactly because parents feel they won't stand going to an "amusement park". And as they believe sending their kids while they're young is a waste (for some families it's a one time opportunity, with all the members chipping in, because it can get too expensive), these tour groups have 20 or so 13 to 17 year olds who don't care a fig about Mickey, they just want coasters and tennis shoes and computer stuff.
Hey, Rodrigo!!!
I am soooo glad I finally found someone like me!!! You are absolutely right. You see, I always hear the same stuff "Walt Disney World? AGAIN? Aren't you tired of that place?" I feel terrible about that. You see, my father is like that too, and he really bores me because I am spending too much money on stupid things, that I shoul grow up, I am almost 27, I should care about having a house of my own, and not spending so much money on useless childish trips.
About those group tours, I know exactly what you mean, as I worked as a tour guide for some time, as the only way to afford a trip to WDW. It is terrible to have 40 teenagers who just don't care about disney, they just want thrills and tennis shoes!!! They go like that "another line? Oh, I am so tired, I don't wanna see anything else. No special effects? Just a theater? I prefer to sit down there and have another coke. Oh, no! Fireworks again!!! I see that every year in Copacabana. Why do you like Magic Kingdom fireworks? Why don't they change it and put some laser effects? Please, take us to that eletronics store again. I wanna buy a sound system." That used to depress me so much that I stopped being a tour guide. However, I think I will go back to business this year, as I miss WDW so much! I spent all the money i had last year (1 dollar=2.8 reais!!!) and I can't live without WDW!

Hey Rodrigo! You live in Rio too? Where do you live? How old are you? Does your girlfriend like disney, too?
Kisses for you all!!!

:kiss:

disneytati

HEY GUYS!
Thank you very much for the nice words about brazilians. As I told you, being a tour guide was the only way that I found to go to WDW, as I didn't have any money to pay for my trip. You know, I used to feel really bad about the way we were seen in WDW, as those groups are really horrible, and I had no way to explain that IT WAS NOT MY FAULT, I was JUST the tour guide, and I spent the whole trip trying to make the kids "feel the magic" without success. Can you imagine? Taking a group of 40 people to WDW and realizing that they don't give a damn to the place they are? It is worse than being alone! Sometimes I just felt like running away, leaving them there and have some fun! And sometimes I felt like crying when I heard "Let's go away now. We don't want to wait for the fireworks. The eletronics shop is going to close, and we want to buy walkmans."
I am relieved to know that you think brazilians are great guys, in spite of the groups. I love this forum, and it is good to know we are welcome here!
Kisses from Brazil!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

figmentmom

There have been lots of times that our kids have created a lot of stress in the family - I'll bet everybody has times like that - but a trip to Disney has always been a refresher course in how to have fun together. It's just such a great place. And I agree that kids don't usually "outgrow" Disney. Ours haven't!

mickey04

Its a real shame and mystery to me as well how people can just go there like its nothing special. Its really a shame how it can be lost on anyone. My mom says that shes been there too many times, and that she's sick of seeing the same things over and over. It's really sad, but I suppose I can't expect or make her love it just because I do. So, to each his own. For those who don't enjoy it, and who don't appreciate it, well that's your loss. I don't let it ruin my time.:)

Mr. Toad

Originally posted by figmentmom
...And I agree that kids don't usually "outgrow" Disney. Ours haven't!

My parents can say the same thing since I never outgrew it, I just got worse :) . Actually, I think the reason some of us don't outgrow it is that we are the type of people that never really grow up so we are actually still kids.

tiggerlover55

I am 17 year old and i LOVE WDW!!! I don't know how people can get tired of it. My family has gone there for the past 5 years in a row. When i find out that we are going all i can think of is disney. Yes, i don know that some people get tired of me talking about it at school and some even say that they had a terrible time when they went. That doesn't bother me becasue i consider myself a "DISNEY ADDICT"!!!!!:lol:

figmentmom

How in the world anyone can have a "terrible time" at WDW is just beyond me - unless someone is simply bound and determined that they're NOT going to give in and love the place!

disneytati

I totally agree with you, guys! I just can't understand how people can be imune to Disney magic! I am just addicted to it! I get desperate if it takes too much time to go back to WDW (usually it takes a year).
I just looooove going to the Magic Kingdom, walking along Main Street, looking at every detail, searching for special things about Walt, about the parks and movies, talking to cast members, eating Mickey Mouse ice cream bars and Pooh's honney pots, paying attention to all Main Street sounds, colors, smells, seeing the little lights start to light up, looking at the castle for a long time... And there comes Spectro Magic!!! Oh, I cry, and cry, and cry...
I always cry when I go to the Magic Kingdom, especially in parades. I cried like a baby watching Share a dream come true parade, the floats, the characters, all that thing about Walt, Julie Andrews' voice, the beautiful song... My aunt videotaped the whole parade, including the 26 year-old-kid crying, and crying... My friends watched the tape and laughed at me a lot, they said "oh, you are so silly! What was it that made you cry so much?" At the university, I enter the classrom and some people sing: M - I - C - K - E - Y M - O - U - S - E!!! They call me "Disney girl", because of my Pooh bag, my Disney pens, my Mickey Mouse pencil case and watch...
I just don't understand them! Do I have any problem? Am I a freak? They ask me if I am ever going to grow up. I just laugh, and do not give any answer at all, but I know the answer is "No. I am never growing up. I have a problem called Peter Pan complex, that makes me believe in Mickey Mouse, wear disney t-shirts and cry at parades."
Kisses for you all!
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

disneytati

Originally posted by FutureCEO
my chemistry class full of 11th graders and one 12th grader started singing the M-I-C-K-E-Y song.

So I am not the only one to hear this kind of teasing! What did you do when they started singing???

I miss WDW soooooooooooooooo much!!! I am gonna die!!!! I need WDW!!!!

Kisses from Brazil!!! (Thank God it's getting colder here. I always get happy when Fall begins! It means that winter (July) is coming! Summer in WDW!)

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

njchris65

Originally posted by disneytati
Do I have any problem? Am I a freak? They ask me if I am ever going to grow up.

No! You just have a big heart and are overjoyed at being in such a happy place.

I'm not sure what "growing up" would mean? If that means losing the ability to find the child in you, to laugh, enjoy an environment that is meant to make you feel good, then I don't want to grow up.

I feel sorry for those people that think you cannot enjoy things like this and it's all about appearances. I'd bet somewhere inside them they would love to be more like you but they don't have the courage to be themselves.

disneytati

Originally posted by njchris65

No! You just have a big heart and are overjoyed at being in such a happy place.

I'm not sure what "growing up" would mean? If that means losing the ability to find the child in you, to laugh, enjoy an environment that is meant to make you feel good, then I don't want to grow up.

I feel sorry for those people that think you cannot enjoy things like this and it's all about appearances. I'd bet somewhere inside them they would love to be more like you but they don't have the courage to be themselves.

Hey, you are right! It is good to find people that think the same way you do. Those people are just not as happy as we are. Sorry for them. I don't know what they maen for "growing up". Maybe killing the kid we have inside ouselves. That's a shame! It is the best part of our souls! I am proud to say that I am NEVER growing up. I couldn't live without disney magic!!!! I miss WDW!!!!! I am going to die!!!!!

Kisses from Brazil!
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

FutureCEO

Originally posted by disneytati

So I am not the only one to hear this kind of teasing! What did you do when they started singing???

It wasn't teasing. My chem teacher says that vocab quizes are mickey mouse quizes so we started singing it last class

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom