Why is it that some people just don't get it????

MKCustodial

That's true, I found this site by accident, and now I'm a fan. I check it everyday, and it's good to talk to people that feel the same way you do.

AJAX

We have friends that roll thier eyes and mutter again? when they find out we're on our way back to WDW.
I have a sister-in-law that opined that after four days, a person should be 'Disneyed Out'. Blasphemy! Of course, she made that remark after she found out we were going there for New Years Eve. :D

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by MKCustodial

Also, Brazilians have a tendency to send their children by themselves in big tour groups, exactly because parents feel they won't stand going to an "amusement park". And as they believe sending their kids while they're young is a waste (for some families it's a one time opportunity, with all the members chipping in, because it can get too expensive), these tour groups have 20 or so 13 to 17 year olds who don't care a fig about Mickey, they just want coasters and tennis shoes and computer stuff.

MKCustodial,

Thank you for sharing that. It is well know on this board that Brazilian tour groups are the most dreaded group to encounter while at WDW. Now I have a better understanding why. That is really too bad. While I have been to WDW with friends during church youth group trips as a teenager and it was fun, there is a magic for familes that should not be missed by parents. It is too bad their familes spend so much money on it, and the kids don't really appericate it. Send them to Ceader point or IOA!

It sounds like you found the magic. I hope your trip with your girlfiend is wonderful and she loves it as much as you. Who knows there could be "family" trips for you in your future!

NowInc

All the Brazillians I know say pretty much the same thing. As I said many times..Brazlillians are REALLY nice people, its just the tour groups that get on my nerves. Thank you for giving me another insight (from a Brazillians point of view) as to whats up...and WELCOME to our family.

tinkrbel

Originally posted by AJAX
We have friends that roll thier eyes and mutter again? when they find out we're on our way back to WDW.
I have a sister-in-law that opined that after four days, a person should be 'Disneyed Out'. Blasphemy! Of course, she made that remark after she found out we were going there for New Years Eve. :D

oooo yes I have those friends .. they have no understanding at all.. 4 days?? your just getting started with 4 days!!!! 4 weeks isnt enough for us and we would still never get tired of the Parks or the resorts. I remember back before the girls started school and we could take those 3 week WDW vacations .. we would do the parks and spend time at the resort in the pools, riding bikes on the trails, boating and all the other things that there is to do at WDW. I remember right before we went the first time .. DH was asking someone who had went, what was it really like .. the guy told him "its nothing but a bunch of rides" .. Can you believe that????????????

stingrock23

I don't understand the middle either. sure, i'm a disney freak, but then again, i enjoy everything in orlando. it just screams "not ordinary life". when i see everything, i forget my real life. I don't have to even go on the rides to enjoy myself. (I do, of course go on everything multiple times), but just the atmosphere gets to me. this sounds crazy, but just the smells inside the attractions get to me and reinforce where i am. It's just a really magical place that lets us all escape. whether it be disney, universal, or seaworl, the point is to make you forget about your cares or worries.hakuna-matata. i'm going in exactly 200 days, and i think about it every single day even though it's that far off. just being there puts me in an unbelievable mood. maybe some people don't realize how special disney is, but i sure do. granted things have slightly changed as of late, but orlando is definitely my first choice for a vacation destination. there's just no mistaking that wdw aroma, so to speak. and the feeling when i see all the road signs with mouse ears is priceless. damn, now i'm getting depressed because i wish i could be there right now. :(
anyway, it's jus a magical place that i'll always love.

no2apprentice

I've been telling people at work that we're going back to WDW for spring break. Some get it, some don't. Those that don't, don't seem to be interested in staying "young-at-heart". Oh well, less crowds for the rest of us, I guess.

BTW, I have to ask this question, since it's sort of in the thread, kind of...well, it was related, in a way...

NowInc and Main Street USA, if you read this, since you are both schooled in animation, I'm curious to know what Disney film is their best animation, in your guy's opinion? (I'm not an animator, but I always thought Pinocchio had some outstanding work).

Smitty

I check this board everyday, usually multiple times a day, because I love Disney too, but I don't really understand some of your comments. You seem to feel like outcasts because friends, co-workers, or whoever criticize or at least wonder at your love for Disney. Yet, what do you do? You come on this board and criticize them because they aren't insane for Disney like many of us. I worked there, lived there, and have been there many times and I love WDW too, but I have a lot of friends who love it too but aren't nuts about it. I think it is pretty funny that some of you think that the people who don't constantly have Disney on the brain are the nuts ones. I agree that the people who say it is childish, stupid, poorly done, or whatever other dumb comments they make, are the crazy ones. WDW is an amazing place. But I think you all need to realize that just because people don't want to constantly talk about WDW or think about it, it doesn't make them crazy. I love it too, but after a while it can get boring to talk about it, just like any other subject. So, I guess I am basically just saying that I find it funny that some people can be so hypocritical. You find it weird that anyone would criticize your love for Disney, yet you turn right around and criticize those who aren't Disney nuts. It just isn't for some people. The world is like that.

I hope that no one, by any means, thinks that I don't love WDW. I love it there. Matter of fact I hope to be back soon enough to work and live there again. But I don't consider myself a Disney nut. I don't cry when my vacation is over, especially not when I know I might be back in less than a year. I just think some people take it way to far! Just my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions. They are like buttholes. Everyone has one and everyone else's stinks! Have fun!

PS: You can get tired of the parks and resorts. Ask anyone who lives there or works there. It gets old just like anything else.

tinkrbel

a reply to Smitty

Ok .. your right ..maybe they are not crazy for not loving disney as much as some of us. But I still say something is missing in anyone that only see's it as an amusement park. I know that I am crazy or obessed with WDW and pretty much (looking around my house and every room has disney) all Disney. I know I talk too much about WDW, think too much about WDW ..but you know what is very different about us.. we are loyal, and every disney person I know puts those they love and care about, family/friends first and before themselves :) Look again at these post ..there are very few ugly disagreements amongest us. Sure we all have our favorite show/ride/resort. Name one other Vacation spot in the world that gets this kind of dedication. there are alot of post from people that live near WDW and still go over and over again .. and how can you tire of something that is always changing?
from 2much2do
Don't they feel the magic too? How can you NOT feel the magic?

no2apprentice

I've never liked the comparison of opinions to the rear lower ejection port of the human body.

I prefer to think of opinions as colors of the rainbow. Some like the reds, some the blues, some like the interesting blend in-between, and all the other possibilities. But I think that when we share our choices of colors, in a friendly, even humorous way, it makes the rainbow that much more interesting.

BTW, Smitty, I think thou dost protest too much.

But that's just my choice of color right now.

2much2do

Original Poster
See??? That's exactly what I mean. People like Smitty. I just don't get it. :confused:
Anyway, as for all the other replies: YES! I am glad I am not the only one and I love this website where I can go and identify with other "normal" people out there! :D
PS Oh, BTW I know several people who live or lived and worked at WDW and they are (thankfully) just as Disneyfied as I am!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
PPS Oh, and another thing. I DO NOT feel like an outcast. I feel Grrrrrrrreat! Only 44 days left!!!!

2much2do

Original Poster
To my dear Tink,

I know that I am crazy or obessed with WDW and pretty much (looking around my house and every room has disney) all Disney. I know I talk too much about WDW, think too much about WDW ..
Never, ever let anybody make you feel this way! You rock, as do the rest of us Disney-ites. Don't let others "colors" make you feel like the one who is outta sync. K?

Mr. Toad

I don't think they are crazy I just think they are missing part of the picture with the "you're going there again" attitude. If I went to Hawaii every year the same people would tell me I was lucky and that they wished they could go there every year.

Oh well, to each their own.

tinkrbel

Originally posted by Mr. Toad
I don't think they are crazy I just think they are missing part of the picture with the "you're going there again" attitude. If I went to Hawaii every year the same people would tell me I was lucky and that they wished they could go there every year.

Oh well, to each their own.

Ohh wow excellent point!!!!!! your so right !!

tinkrbel

Originally posted by 2much2do
To my dear Tink,

Never, ever let anybody make you feel this way! You rock, as do the rest of us Disney-ites. Don't let others "colors" make you feel like the one who is outta sync. K?

:) oh heck I dont mind being crazy for something like disney, I think I am part of an amazing group of people and if we are just a little over board in our disney-itis, its not a bad thing. but I do have to say that right now I am under extreme stress ..and thinking / planning our trip to the World is keeping me from crawling up in a ball and crying. So I am crazy ..but I am not postal :hammer: Thanks 2much2do .. sometimes it is hard to believe that me and my family are not the only ones that feel this kind of love about a place.

MKCustodial

Thanks, NowInc, for the warm welcome. And you and Disney PhD are absolutely right. Even Brazilianss know of their "fame" around the Orlando parks, but I guess the teenagers don't care.
In fact, the main purpose of the International Program is to have CMs around the park who can help around their natives. Well, I was there for the experience, and every time I saw one of the group flags, I'd hide behind a bush, turn my back, or bend down my tag, so they wouldn't see I'm Brazilian. Because when they find that out, they're ALL over you.

Colin

We love WDW enough to want to go every year, some of our friends say why don,t we go somewhere else, I say why, I like WDW too much. After every visit we just want to go more and can,t wait for the next visit.

I also have friends who have been to WDW for sya 4 days and say I saw everything. What I say is you missed the whole idea of WDW. It is not a fun ride place, its is a whole way of life, to stand in Main Street or just look at the Castle is what WDW is all about, the character and fantasy.

We are in the process of making our back porch handrail like the one at the TTC, with the Mickeys, and the colours. Our neighbours will think we are crazy.

wannabeBelle

Dont let them get you down. people in my office ask me the exact same thing. I keep telling them that I go to get a sprinkling of pixie dust to stay young looking!!! I just find it so relaxing to get there and just soak up the atmosphere at the parks and the resorts. If I am crazy so be it!!! I Am not hurting anyone with this and is a matter of fact probably making a few people smile!!! What a great deal!!

MKCustodial

There's something I forgot to mention. Before my "specialized course" during 99/2000, my favorite park was Universal. Not because I didn't like Disney. It was always special. But I love movies, so...
And nowadays, I really like IoA, because I'm a Marvel fan. I'd love to get to Orlando and stay 2 or 3 weeks enjoying the resorts, but for us it's just too expensive. So when we travel, we have to visit all the parks in the least amount of time possible.
I guess I'm just saying this because I saw some of you saying that you only go to WDW, and it seems like those people don't even pass near the others.
But none of them gives you that pixie dust feeling... :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom