Why is it so hard to get to the Magic Kingdom

Sassagoula-Rvr

I can't believe this is a conversation...

And as far as the buses go...as someone who stays at a moderate almost all of the time...I love the fact I can get on one and be back at my room, or the pool shortly...They are...transportation, not some luxury ride...people will complain about anything...

And on another note...I know some people in transportation that have traveled with us...and they always marvel at the Disney bus operation...they say there are some things they could do better...but not very many for as many people as they move every day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It makes it more of a journey. I like the ease of arriving by bus, as it is a little closer than the parking lot, but I like the journey over the lagoon by ferry and the sweep around the lagoon on the monorail too. It can be fun on arrival, but I can see why it might be a pain on departure!

Tobe

Some of it is logistics as well. If you had that number of people hitting the parking lot at the exact same time, getting out of the parking lot would be more of a traffic jam than it already is. The built in delays between the loads coming into the TTC from the monorail and ferry help keep the trams and traffic flowing more smoothly.

Personally I like experiencing all three methods and we try to do all of them every trip. Yes its just a bus and recorded fanfare soundtrack but there is something about when that fanfare starts and you turn that corner that is very exciting. You know you are almost there and you can't wait to hop off the bus and get your day started.

But coming across the lake on a ferry is great too. Especially at night when the park is all lit up. It is exciting to see the train station and the castle getting closer and closer.

And let's face it, the monorail is just cool and you get to go through a building! I mean come on, who doesn't love that?

Now of course at the end of the night, leaving is never fun, I don't care what kind of transportation you choose. It is going to be crowded, you are going to have to wait, and chances are good you may end up standing for at least part of the journey whether you are on the bus, monorail, or boat. 50,000 plus people are all trying to leave the same place at the same time through one entrance/exit. Yes sometimes things don't run smoothly, things breakdown causing delays, etc. but overall Disney does a fairly good job of it and they do it every night of the year.

Having said all of this, I still reserve the right to complain and commiserate with everyone else in line when there have been 3 buses for all-star movies that have come and gone, some when there hasn't even been a single person waiting, while we are still waiting for one stinking bus for all-star music! :banghead: :happy:

Communicore

its just a bus and recorded fanfare soundtrack but there is something about when that fanfare starts and you turn that corner that is very exciting.

I agree, I've been on that bus a few times and people are all celebrating, hollering, very excited at the prospect of a fun-filled day! That fanfare soundtrack is the best, I really want a recording of it!

Disnee4Me

Whenever I leave the MK, I am grateful that I stay onsite and have easy access to the buses. I have seen some very long lines for the ferry and monorail and I go in the off season.
NYE '94-95 I was six months pregnant, staying off property. We tried leaving MK at 1 a.m. (with a 4 1/2 year old) and didn't get back to our hotel until 3 a.m. I declared never again would we stay off property.

Tobe

I agree, I've been on that bus a few times and people are all celebrating, hollering, very excited at the prospect of a fun-filled day! That fanfare soundtrack is the best, I really want a recording of it!

There are youtube clips of it that you may be able to capture the audio from and try to filter out the background noise. I am technology impaired so I would have no idea how to do it but I would assume it can be done. There used to be a website call phonezoo where you could make ringtones out of wave or mp3 files that you had and it would send it to your phone. That is how I created my "wishes," "soarin," and "illuminations" ringtones. Unfortunately they shutdown.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I read in a book about the building of Walt Disney World that the original concept was to have one parking lot and ticket center for all guest arriving a Walt Disney World. So you would get to the parking lot, buy your tickets and then go to the park by Disney provide transportation. Once they started planning Epcot, I was shown that this would not work and a parking lot was constructed at Epcot. I think if they where building the Magic Kingdom today, they would build a parking lot closer to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom