Why is it so hard to get to the Magic Kingdom

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
It's kind of cool how you have to take the monorail and ferry just to get from the parking lot to the gate but at the same time it's so tiring, expecially at 12:30 at night after a long day in the parks. Why do they make it so hard?

ImagineerDude

I didn't know it was hard:rolleyes:...I like riding the monorail or ferry trying to get one last view of the caste until the next trip! but the trams is where I get annoyed because my family is annoyed because they want to leave and I don't :p

Communicore

I think the "grand reveal" was appropriate back then in the 70's but now it sure isn't. I mean there's buses that stop there now unlike before it's just the monorail and boats.
Anyway, I still think it would be better for then to do a "reverse Universal" and make the lagoon a parking lot.
As a matter of fact most people's "grand reveal" nowadays would be hearing the fanfare music that they play on the bus when it turns towards the bus unloading area! Does anyone have the music so I can make it a ring tone?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think the "grand reveal" was appropriate back then in the 70's but now it sure isn't. I mean there's buses that stop there now unlike before it's just the monorail and boats.
Anyway, I still think it would be better for then to do a "reverse Universal" and make the lagoon a parking lot.
As a matter of fact most people's "grand reveal" nowadays would be hearing the fanfare music that they play on the bus when it turns towards the bus unloading area! Does anyone have the music so I can make it a ring tone?
I am sure that people staying in the Polynesian, Contemporary and Grand Floridian would absolutely adore the lagoon being turned into a parking lot.

Communicore

When did buses first stop at MK? Didn't they use to stop at TTC and people still had to board the monorail or boat, thus maintaining the "grand reveal"?

DManRightHere

Tbe lagoon is what makes it unique. Is it a pain to leave? Yes (for people using the parking lot). If you don't like it leave early :).

The hotels around the lagoon woulf loose so much ambience without the lagoon, i don't see disney doing away with it.

For some reason I've always wanted to tale the ferry when we were going from epcot to MK but the wife never wants to. What can i say, i like boats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom