Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

TP2000

I hear it went pretty far.
Prior to the Lucasfilm deal, Cars Land had DHS all to itself, and was an almost certainty.

Very interesting. And now according to Lutz, Disneyland's Tomorrowland will share the Star Wars Land stuff headed to DHS. Amazing how things change and flex within just a year.

SirLink

Prior to the Lucasfilm deal, Cars Land had DHS all to itself, and was an almost certainty.

So they don't want to fix the underlying issue of the park and want guests to leave early? So when guests are checking out at 4pm, do they blame Star Wars brand, Pixar brand, Iger, Staggs, BoD?

mickeysbrother

I own many shares in Disney. Disney is multi-billion dollar company with many divisions. The Parks and Resorts division is only one piece, the poor performance of which can be set off by other divisions. I am not saying that P and R is losing money, but it is ridiculous to tie Disney share price performance solely to decisions made relating to the parks.

If Disney spends major capital on the parks for long term investment, the short term gains that investors and executives love (in the form of bonuses) might be threatened, but in the long term, would generate buzz, crowds, media attention, which translates to $$$$. That used to be the corporate model for public companies (and still is for some). Unfortunately, Wall Street analysts, greedy management, and demand for immediate returns seem to rule, until things get so bad that something has to be done. That is exactly what happened at DCA, and that is what is happening at some of the parks at WDW.

And do you really think it's the most magical place on earth? Great marketing slogan, but really, people should broaden their horizons a bit.

I agree that the majority of businesses are the ones that cut costs and reign in the money to themselves but after the horrible fiscal years we have been having since hmm lets say 2000 - 2001.

But I really do think it's the most magical place on earth. I go to get away from the violence rude people and just the everyday life. Yes there is the selfdom case of violence and or rude people but the majority are happy. But I do understand where you are coming from.

willtravel

Very interesting. And now according to Lutz, Disneyland's Tomorrowland will share the Star Wars Land stuff headed to DHS. Amazing how things change and flex within just a year.
I know I am wrong, but I thought it was said once that there will be no more sharesies as far as attractions. That for now on, anything new built west/east will be it's own unique rides? I thought that was said when Pixar was bought.?? Maybe I am remembering wrong?:confused:

Bocabear

They also announced many years ago that they would stop making direct-to-video sequels, and that didn't happen either...That is why we have all this ridiculous fairies stuff...

coolbeans14

They also announced many years ago that they would stop making direct-to-video sequels, and that didn't happen either...That is why we have all this ridiculous fairies stuff...

You know what's really depressing? The fairy movies get a limited cinema release in the UK... PEOPLE PAY A PREMIUM TO WATCH THAT RUBBISH!!!

Bocabear

And interestingly the entire Fairies franchise is based on Peter Pan that has an extremely limited park presence... The ride has the longest lines in the park, is horribly maintained and ridiculously short. Instead of the Double Dumbos and the circus, we really should have gotten an all new expanded Peter Pan's Flight with double tracks exiting into a Neverland themed area with a new flat ride,, train station and Pixie Hollow area...that would have made more sense than a Fairies M&G in Adventureland... ?

pheneix

Original Poster

Good to know. I thought they were effing crazy for thinking Cars Land and Florida heat were going to be a good mix. I really hope Tokyo Disneyland's take on Cars Land has more water features and shade than Anaheim.

asianway

Magenta Panther

And interestingly the entire Fairies franchise is based on Peter Pan that has an extremely limited park presence... The ride has the longest lines in the park, is horribly maintained and ridiculously short. Instead of the Double Dumbos and the circus, we really should have gotten an all new expanded Peter Pan's Flight with double tracks exiting into a Neverland themed area with a new flat ride,, train station and Pixie Hollow area...that would have made more sense than a Fairies M&G in Adventureland... ?

I like all of your ideas. What you're describing would have been amazing.

SirLink

Good to know. I thought they were effing crazy for thinking Cars Land and Florida heat were going to be a good mix. I really hope Tokyo Disneyland's take on Cars Land has more water features and shade than Anaheim.

It'll be gorgeous when snow starts to fall on the track - and they have to shut it down. Oh wait that sounds a lot like Test Track and its rain problem. Mmmm :eek:

MattM

BTW, lots of talk on here about how Disney's finances are just swell and they have never done better at creating shareholder value:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dividen...most-shorted-dow-stock-replacing-walt-disney/

That is because DIS is now the #3 most shorted stock in the DJI.

Yes, but to be fair, $DIS has had a monster run. It's not the worst idea to short it. Even with it coming of $68. I personally don't short stocks but I understand why one would here.

Goofyernmost

It'll be gorgeous when snow starts to fall on the track - and they have to shut it down. Oh wait that sounds a lot like Test Track and its rain problem. Mmmm :eek:
Yup, but when the rain stops, the track dries and the cars run once again. If it snows, it might be there for a long time plus who would want to be in an open ride if it's cold enough to snow?

Lee

Adventurer
Yup, but when the rain stops, the track dries and the cars run once again. If it snows, it might be there for a long time plus who would want to be in an open ride if it's cold enough to snow?
Reminds me of the time I rode this bad boy while it was sleeting.
Like being pelted with BBs...
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom