Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

GoofGoof

Premium Member
On Pixie? Why? Because he holds a minority position?

I find him a delight to read. With refreshing insights and a with just a lovely penchant for anti-authoritarian, original thought. And, especially, always with a calm politeness that is a far cry from the horde of bullies who somehow think it appropriate to habitually call the loner beastly names. (And that on a family Disney forum, tsk tsk!)

I wouldn't use ignore on him since nothing he is saying is offensive to me. I have enjoyed some of the back and forth and am not opposed to hearing other's opinions even if I don't agree with them. I don't think it's his minority opinion that people are opposed to, but the presentation. Flaming insiders for presenting what he perceives as "false rumors" as fact and then presenting his own opinions also as fact is kinda ironic. I also think its easy around here to always play the contrarian and say nothing rumored will happen. You are almost always going to be right since plans change and get scrapped almost all of the time.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My two biggest concerns are Muppetvision and Sci-Fi.

I can even understand that Muppetvision is an old attraction and needs sprucing/spiffing up. But why not do something else for the Muppets. The Hensons got a crap of a deal. The Muppet representation in DHS was half-hearted and remained that way until it deteriorated. Either they get a better section or the Hensons should think about pulling out and going elsewhere. But I don't know the stipulations/legal contracts and what went down when they made that deal right before Jim died. I don't understand it, I don't know enough, so I will stop posting now. I just wish they were better represented in the park. I can only go by what I have observed for years, and I realize that weakness on my part.

Why get rid of Sci-Fi? Why not relocate one of the best/unique ideas and most popular restaurants in the DisneyParks East? We have the 50's in the Prime Time restaurant, and Sci-Fi is late 50's to early 60's. It is perfect. So upsetting if it goes.

I can't always come on and check the site as often as I'd like. Life gets busy. But if there are any updates about these two things in the future, somebody, please pm me and let me know...
They cannot do that because they have no say so with The Muppets.

They sold all rights to Disney in 2004. The Henson family do still control the Fraggles from Fraggle Rock and a few minor Muppet character

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If DHS actually had 10 million through it's gates in 2012 (which is the figure that TEA reports),then it would be the equivalent of 5 million people in a full day park. That means it is really underperforming.

DHS was built around one attraction that lasted the better part of 2 hours and has much space dedicated to the premise of the area being a working studio. The whole concept of the park has changed and the park really hasn't changed that much to reflect said change.

Mrs.Toad

Thank you for pointing out the 2004 sale. I didn't realize the extent of what was sold to Disney. (Well, except for minor characters and the Fraggles.)

Magenta Panther

Thank you for pointing out the 2004 sale. I didn't realize the extent of what was sold to Disney. (Well, except for minor characters and the Fraggles.)

I think Disney has done its best with a very old franchise; it didn't HAVE to buy it, you know. I remember reading that, prior to the sale, the puppets and properties were going to be dismantled and sold piece by piece. NOBODY was eager to buy the Muppets except Eisner. Even Jim Henson's kids didn't want them; they sold them TWICE (maybe more, but at least twice). And at one point, even Disney decided it didn't really much want them anymore; one of Iger's first moves as CEO was to go to the Muppets division and pretty much fire everybody.

I'm not trying to depress you, but it's wrong to blame Disney for the Muppets' troubles. There is a limited audience for them, and a heck of a lot of competition. Disney can't be blamed for "not trying hard enough" or whatever. It made the new movie. It's giving the puppets a second movie, even though they're not generating much money. As a Disney fan, I'd rather Disney invest its capital elsewhere than in a franchise that flamed out a long time ago...

And on that note, I hope Iger hasn't made the same mistake with Star Wars. We'll see...

Magenta Panther

Me, I don't ignore anybody. I read everything here. When I do, I get more and more educated about how the parks work. And that's my hobby. The parks. Because for all my griping, I love them. For all of my disappointment with how the Orlando park is maintained and run (freaking broken yeti), I'm visiting it again this fall, and that won't be cheap. I'm glad to be able to visit this forum. It help keeps my love for things Disney, and especially Walt Disney, alive and thriving. Which is no easy thing in this sensationalist, cynical world.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So let me get this. Someone called an "insider" posts a lie about an announcement about a park re-theme being announced at D23, and someone who seems to know more information points out that it's false, and people here are mad at him about it? Wow, is this forum more about facts or amassed forum popularity like this is high school?

You know what I believe everything from Pixiedustmakter. From reading this forum, you're all just mad that Avatar Land is the sure thing and are trying to create an alternate reality where Cars Land is created and Avatar Land is not. Avatar Land was announced! Cars Land was not! Also there are blue sky projects for freaking everything. I've read about a million things that were never approved. There's an entire website about it, go take a look.

Someone else who hasn't read through this thread. But, terrific first post.....

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So let me get this. Someone called an "insider" posts a lie about an announcement about a park re-theme being announced at D23, and someone who seems to know more information points out that it's false, and people here are mad at him about it? Wow, is this forum more about facts or amassed forum popularity like this is high school?

You know what I believe everything from Pixiedustmakter. From reading this forum, you're all just mad that Avatar Land is the sure thing and are trying to create an alternate reality where Cars Land is created and Avatar Land is not. Avatar Land was announced! Cars Land was not! Also there are blue sky projects for freaking everything. I've read about a million things that were never approved. There's an entire website about it, go take a look.
Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for discussions on things announced there are 2 or 3 working threads on Avatar Land. If you do a search for Avatar they will pop up.

Taylor

No that's not it at all

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's a great point. Why read lies and half-truths from fans with obvious agendas, when I can read actual news sites. Thanks for the great advice. It's just sad that there's an entire forum mini-culture built around that where people buy all in on a farce.

So go there and stay off this one....

And like it or not, the owner of this site encourages open discussion, right or wrong. I guess that's too much for you to understand or accept. Which is surprising, considering how many times you keep coming back. Figured you would have gotten the hang of things by now.....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't know who the heck you're talking about. Basketball sucks, I hate it. I hated it in grade school. I would never choose a handle like that. Just a reader tired of how much of a joke this place is with certain membership. Why don't you just start a cult already situated around "the insiders," and every time they say something that turns out to be patently false, you can make a human sacrifice from one of the regular members to keep their "magic" intact. Just an idea.

And how about you simply leave, again....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom