Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Crazydisneyfanluke

What I want to know is, where the hell is the Mary Poppins E-Ticket DHS so desperately needs? I want an indoor, themed flying coaster where we fly from cloud to cloud reliving our favorite scenes at 65 MPH.

Maybe a simulator ride in American Idol and sounds dangerous that can change to different popular movies based on demand of the park guests.

yoyoflamingo

Hmm, if only WDW had a winter-themed park, maybe one that wasn't too busy during the cold (holiday) months of the year, or was even closed for refurbishment anyway...

Charging people to just enter and walk through after dark, while the park is being refurbed during the day? Seems like easy money for Disney. I just don't know how logistically that would work, but seems like a no brainer.

Figments Friend

At least the sources I know say the hat is finally going away.

sy59qu.jpg

I have waited a LONG time to get this view back....
....and i am not alone.

Bring it on.

WDW95

Haha. This thread is hilarious. I cannot wait to look back at this thread in 12 years and give myself a good laugh at when we all were so certain that DHS would get a huge overhaul.

Just look back at the early threads on this site from 2001. People thought that Monsters Inc. was going to take over Imagination, the Living Seas was going to become a walkthrough, DHS was going to get a revamped Sorcery in the Sky, Swiss and Italian restaurants were planned for the old skyway station buildings, Carousel of Progress was to have been closed, Beastly Kingdom was going to be built, Disney Quest was going to close, a Sleepy Hollow expansion would go around the Haunted Mansion, Soarin’ for Animal Kingdom, etc. Just some of the crazy rumors from way back in 2001

In 2025, people will look back and think how funny people believed DHS was so certain to get a Carsland or Star Wars Land. :rolleyes:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The difference between those and purchases like Pixar and Marvel is that they were not just about acquiring the stories but also the people (Pixar almost exclusively for the people as Disney essentially owned the films they distributed).
And once you own the people, you own everything that they create while they are in your employ.

Magenta Panther

You forgot the biggest money maker Uncle Walt had after wooing the rights to another person's character: Mary Poppins.

That story is so interesting that there's a major movie coming out about it, "Saving Mr. Banks", about the multi-year work Walt Disney had to do to get the rights to P.L. Travers literary works on Mary Poppins. Ms. Travers was the J.K. Rowling of her day; passionate about her books, a tad eccentric, and untrusting of Disney as a company. But Walt finally won her over, got the rights to Mary Poppins, and the rest is history.

And thank goodness he didn't listen to any of her ideas. There are recordings of her taken during story sessions that would curl your hair. She didn't understand movie-making or what really happens when Disney buys a story - which is, it makes the DISNEY version of it. And she didn't really like the Disney version of anything. :D She was the flip side of Dodie Smith, author of 101 Dalmations, who loved everything Disney did with her story, thought it was better than her version, and kept up a warm correspondence with Walt until his death.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Haha. This thread is hilarious. I cannot wait to look back at this thread in 12 years and give myself a good laugh at when we all were so certain that DHS would get a huge overhaul.

Just look back at the early threads on this site from 2001. People thought that Monsters Inc. was going to take over Imagination, the Living Seas was going to become a walkthrough, DHS was going to get a revamped Sorcery in the Sky, Swiss and Italian restaurants were planned for the old skyway station buildings, Carousel of Progress was to have been closed, Beastly Kingdom was going to be built, Disney Quest was going to close, a Sleepy Hollow expansion would go around the Haunted Mansion, Soarin’ for Animal Kingdom, etc. Just some of the crazy rumors from way back in 2001

In 2025, people will look back and think how funny people believed DHS was so certain to get a Carsland or Star Wars Land. :rolleyes:

But if you look at other threads you will find discussion of how Fantasyland in MK was going to get a huge makeover, or how Animal Kingdom was going to get a major new ride (Everest).

El Grupo

Don't shoot the messenger! Still waiting to hear if NY Street will be spared and that Honey I Shrunk the Kids backlot set would be turned into a new building housing a "typical" NYC diner. Regardless, the rest of the streets of america are going bye bye.
508yd.jpg

Really wish a portion of the Streets of America would get a Monsters Inc. makeover with the factory building and the door coaster added at the existing LMA entrance. But, I'm sure we all have our preferences.

FrankLapidus

Just look back at the early threads on this site from 2001. People thought that Monsters Inc. was going to take over Imagination, the Living Seas was going to become a walkthrough, DHS was going to get a revamped Sorcery in the Sky, Swiss and Italian restaurants were planned for the old skyway station buildings, Carousel of Progress was to have been closed, Beastly Kingdom was going to be built, Disney Quest was going to close, a Sleepy Hollow expansion would go around the Haunted Mansion, Soarin’ for Animal Kingdom, etc. Just some of the crazy rumors from way back in 2001.

Plans change. There was a time that Beastly Kingdom was certain to happen but then plans changed and it didn't come to fruition, that doesn't mean the information being provided on it at the time was "bogus" or "armchair imagineering".

Some rumours are baseless but not all and some of those come from information provided by credible sources. It's your prerogative whether or not you choose to believe those sources but those with common sense understand that the information they are providing, while it might be accurate now, is subject to change at any time so while we welcome such information we also very much understand that it is not set in stone and we don't take it with any degree of certainty until there are shovels in the ground.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Don't shoot the messenger! Still waiting to hear if NY Street will be spared and that Honey I Shrunk the Kids backlot set would be turned into a new building housing a "typical" NYC diner. Regardless, the rest of the streets of america are going bye bye.
508yd.jpg
Why would they try to incorporate Catastrophe Canyon into Cars Land?

GLaDOS

Really wish a portion of the Streets of America would get a Monsters Inc. makeover with the factory building and the door coaster added at the existing LMA entrance. But, I'm sure we all have our preferences.

I would agree with that as well. Would really prefer if the Pixar leg of the expansion included something more than just Cars, especially if we're not getting a real version of Radiator Springs Racers.

djkidkaz

508yd.jpg

What I love about this art is that it gives the park a much more cohesive layout. You could essentially enter the park and go left or right and make a huge circle around the park ending your day with the GMR. The only other thing they would need to do is open up the area between the animation courtyard and sunset boulevard right by the Toluca turkey leg company. That way you wouldn't have to backtrack back to Hollywood blvd, then enter the animation courtyard.

djkidkaz

Why would they try to incorporate Catastrophe Canyon into Cars Land?

I keep seeing this mentioned as well and it's such a small piece of rock work I don't understand why they would even bother. It would probably not save them anything cost wise as they would have to spend so many extra man hours trying to figure out how to work the land around this one piece of rock work.

Goofyernmost

I keep seeing this mentioned as well and it's such a small piece of rock work I don't understand why they would even bother. It would probably not save them anything cost wise as they would have to spend so many extra man hours trying to figure out how to work the land around this one piece of rock work.
Not to mention it is an expensive attraction to operate, just the use of gas for the fires alone, and those massive pumps that are 25 years old now and probably due to be replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom