Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

spacemt354

Chili's
too short in the parts that AWE you then?
I agree and I think it goes along with what was said before.

It tries to be a dark ride/family roller coaster, but didn't have enough of either. Ride time is immaterial if the time is spent well. I'd rather spend 2 mins really excited than spend 8 mins semi-entertained. But with Mine Train, it's trees and swings, 30 secs of awe, then more trees and swings. It needed more things to look at outdoors, or an extended portion indoors.

twebber55

I think "too short" is an oversimplification, because Space Mountain is the same length and I have never heard anyone complain that it is too short. I like the mine ride, but I think what makes it disappointing for some is that it tries to be a coaster and a dark ride and doesn't overwhelming succeed in either area.
my all time favorite coaster/dark ride
The mummy

PhotoDave219

WDW can't grow forever and always. They're not going to grow themselves beyond a one-week destination. I agree that DHS and Epcot both need to be filled in, but I don't think we'll ever see a "new ride every year" situation, unless it's refreshing or replacing existing attractions.

Sure they can. Plenty of room in each park to play. Plenty of room to add new attractions & capacity or replace old attractions.... Especially at the rate they do things.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Sure they can. Plenty of room in each park to play. Plenty of room to add new attractions & capacity or replace old attractions.... Especially at the rate they do things.
No...There is no room what are you talking about.... They don't have enough land anywhere on property.....MK is built out completely...It's actually overbuilt....There is too much to do there and the people can't get from place to place because of all the congestion... It would be silly to add anymore...Don't you see?

I hope you all note the previous is in italics...

*1023*

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Soooooo, back on topic... I've heard that the only attractions we know for sure are surviving are Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours.

I'm guessing the Frozen show and MAYBE Muppet*Vision will survive too.

mahnamahna101

Soooooo, back on topic... I've heard that the only attractions we know for sure are surviving are Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours.

I'm guessing the Frozen show and MAYBE Muppet*Vision will survive too.
Likely lineup pre-DHS expansion
  • Great Movie Ride
  • Star Tours
  • Jedi Training Academy
  • MuppetVision 3D
  • Frozen Sing-a-Long
  • HITSK (rethemed to Pixar)
  • Toy Story Mania
  • Disney Junior
  • ToT
  • RnRC
You did forget GMR and Disney Junior - both of those are fairly safe. Unless that misguided GotG 2 replacement for GMR actually happens.

Muppets ought to stay.

Since Disney is doing a new Muppet show on ABC, why would they get rid of Muppets completely? It's a compact attraction that eats people up and provides little kids with something to do. Indy Stunt Show, Backlot Express and the parking lot behind it makes more sense for Star Wars Land

I'd like to see Muppets get a restaurant of some sort, the return of Kermit/Piggy/Fozzie/Gonzo/Animal M&Gs, and the return of Mobile Labs... add in an updated film for MuppetVision and that MIGHT have about the same cost as TSPL. Plus, it doesn't require building anything. Just retheming Mama Melrose's or Pizza Planet.

Disneyhead'71

Lolno, the 40+ year old Pirates of the Caribbean destroys it. Even Magic Kingdom's vastly inferior version of Pirates. And under age 10? I rode Splash and Big Thunder when I was 4. Space shortly after about a year later... The height gap between 7DMT and Splash/BTM is extremely negligible, and the audience that are tall enough to ride 7DMT but not Splash/BTM is incredibly miniscule.
When my youngest Princess was 6 her favorite ride on the planet was Millinium Force (310' tall, 96 mph).

Millennium-Force.jpg

Disneyhead'71

WDW can't grow forever and always. They're not going to grow themselves beyond a one-week destination. I agree that DHS and Epcot both need to be filled in, but I don't think we'll ever see a "new ride every year" situation, unless it's refreshing or replacing existing attractions.
They don't need to grow forever. They will always need to keep changing.

Brer Panther

Pretty much what I expec........... Wait, what about GMR?!?!?!?! :eek:

That's just the list I read about. Great Movie Ride is probably safe, too.

Since Disney is doing a new Muppet show on ABC, why would they get rid of Muppets completely? It's a compact attraction that eats people up and provides little kids with something to do. Indy Stunt Show, Backlot Express and the parking lot behind it makes more sense for Star Wars Land

Well, they got rid of it in California...

RSoxNo1

That's just the list I read about. Great Movie Ride is probably safe, too.

GMR's contract with TCM is only 5 years if I'm not mistaken. The rumors for GMR was always at the end of whatever rebranding/overhaul is done to the park.

roj2323

When my youngest Princess was 6 her favorite ride on the planet was Millinium Force (310' tall, 96 mph).

Millennium-Force.jpg

I actually didn't care much for Millennium Force.

mavericklayout2.jpg

Maverick on the other hand is still my favorite coster nation wide and I'd love to see disney build something like it with a more immersive theme. Pod racers (outdoors) or X wing fighters (indoors) perhaps.

mahnamahna101

Because DCA actually has stuff to do (TSMM, RSR, ToT, Monsters Inc, Aladdin, Animation Academy, Soarin, Grizzly, California Screamin, Mermaid, Sky School, WoC, Tough to Be a Bug, Red Car Trolleys, etc), so it wouldn't hurt the park to get rid of Muppets. It's Tough to Be a Bug also fills the 4D movie void in its own cohesive mini-land.

DHS can't afford to lose a compact, kid-friendly attraction until at least the Pixar expansion is complete.

Plus, with the new Muppet show coming up, it would be in Disney's synergistic best interest to do some sort of Muppets mini-land. Retheming Mama Melrose's/Pizza Planet and bringing back Mobile Labs along with Muppet M&Gs would be a cheap and effective way to keep DHS afloat until the big stuff opens. A Muppets mini-land could be done for $50 million if all they do is reskin existing locations and make some costumes for M&Gs.

I just don't see why they would close MuppetVision when Pixar appears to be taking over Backlot/Animation Courtyard, and Star Wars Land could easily take over Backlot Express, Indy and the expansion space behind it. Muppets really isn't hurting anyone where it is.

MerlinTheGoat

For the uninformed (me), what did Philharmagic do?
I'm not certain how many characters this affects, but I believe most of Donald's voice clips were taken from his original voice actor, Clarence Nash. Instead of using his current voice actor (who apparently only contributed a couple of lines in the attraction that they didn't have archival sources for). The difference is pretty huge, especially his quite hysterical sounding laugh when he steals the Sorcerer's hat (a laugh that no other voice actor has ever managed to suitably replicate IMHO).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom