Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
As mentioned, the domes (screens) do move. There's five screens on each carousel that constantly rotate in sync with the arms. One arm pops its bench in the dome, then moves in a circle in sync with the dome. The arm (on its moving base) is static but the bench has limited motion. Then the arm behind does the same, and the one behind that, and the one "at the front" pulls out its bench at the end of the sequence and continues on its way.

A very hi tech version of the original Imaginations "turntable" scene.

Obsolete technology now I suppose. (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Brer Panther

I don't think Disney owns any properties that could replace It's Tough to be a Bug even if they wanted to replace it. The only thing that could maybe work there would be an Avatar show. But I don't see this park turning into Avatar Kingdom.

I recall reading that Disney was considering replacing "Circle of Life" with a show based on "Newt" before PIXAR ditched the project. Perhaps they could ressurect the characters from the film and make a show about them? It would still be considered "original" since the movie was canned.

Why would they even think about moving It's Tough to Be a Bug? It's a great attraction, fits well with DAK (and the location, since bugs can live in/under trees) and ties to an IP. Not to mention that it provides a nice indoor place in DAK, which needs as many as possible. It's a perfect mix as is.
Yes, but it's also absolutely terrifying.

Disneyhead'71

Do you have anything to support the assertion that most people feel that way about the disney rides?

I have no doubt that a portion of the male demographic between 18-35 probably feels that way, but most people I talk to love both rides you feel are subpar.
Really? I think they are both subpar. And everyone I know thinks so too.

Rutt

Really? I think they are both subpar. And everyone I know thinks so too.
So do we have anything concrete showing that the masses agree?

So far apparently everyone you know feels they are but everyone I know loves them. Hour long lines at them seem to indicate that people like them.

Disneyhead'71

So do we have anything concrete showing that the masses agree?

So far apparently everyone you know feels they are but everyone I know loves them. Hour long lines at them seem to indicate that people like them.
What do you expect, internal guest satisfaction docs? Yeah, not gonna happen.

Most people I know think 7DMT is fun but underwhelming. No one I know likes LM. Almost everyone likes BoG and Belle's.

Rutt

What do you expect, internal guest satisfaction docs? Yeah, not gonna happen.

Most people I know think 7DMT is fun but underwhelming. No one I know likes LM. Almost everyone likes BoG and Belle's.
Last time someone told me sonething was unpopular about WDW, someone on here posted a poll about it and the response was overwhelmingly positive so you'll have to excuse my pessimism.

Again, I have yet to hear a complaint about them except on here. And even then, by few people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom