Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

brb1006

I love Mermaid the movie, and Ursula is my fav bad guy of all time. The DCA ride as it is now is pretty good... until the Kiss the Girl scene forward- and the ending is so lackluster. Not befitting a major hit film with a huge fan base. Kinda like that ride going into Norway at WDW now...
I wish they had a section where you encounter a giant Ursula during the climax. It felt rushed and you see a silhouette of her near the end of the attraction. Making the Giant Ursula scene look less dramatic and more funny due to how out of place it is after you pass the "Kiss The Girl" section.

Last edited:

TalkingHead

On the subject of Inside Out, are any of the publicity interviews mentioning the similarity to Cranium Command? I'm listening to the NPR interview with Pete Docter, and when Terry Gross asks him what inspired the movie, he talks about having never seen this sort of story animated before -- but didn't he also work on Cranium Command?

I wonder how many people giving good marks to Inside Out are even familiar with the Epcot attraction. I'm having a hard time getting excited for the full-length adaptation of Cranium Command.

flyerjab

Hearing additional DHS closures coming up, reinforcing the September time frame for construction.

Any chance this might be setting up for some type of reveal at D23 this year? Announce plans for DHS transformation/expansion during Aug 14th-16th at D23, then start construction the following month. Much more effective then announcing Avatar in 2011 and then starting construction several years later.

Cosmic Commando

I thought Spirit said that Osborne looked like it was coming back this year, and uncertain after. That makes it look like Streets of America is safe from the September closings. Just please don't close Indy! There's already so little left at the park...

xstech25

I would expect construction to start before any announcements of what is coming. I don't see any benefit to announcing Star Wars Land so far before Avatar Land opens it just takes the attention away. However it is possible that they feel pressured into announcing it due to the fans or customers saying there is not enough to do in the park with all the closures.

HauntedMansionFLA

Any chance this might be setting up for some type of reveal at D23 this year? Announce plans for DHS transformation/expansion during Aug 14th-16th at D23, then start construction the following month. Much more effective then announcing Avatar in 2011 and then starting construction several years later.
Yep, they have areas ready to be prepped and start construction. Black lot tours and the areas by Pixar. Start with something :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom