Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Daveeeeed

I have to admit anything of any extreme is a bad thing. Pixar is no exclusion, but that being said there does need to be a larger influence on the parks as long as they do not go overkill. Personally the Toy Story Playland (or land as in Hong Kong Disneyland) Is just bloody awful. If you check my profile you can tell that I've been to Disneyland Paris, and I'll tell you the TTPL there sucks. it WOULD be cool though if they would have a double RC Racer as the attraction is very fun for thrill seekers, and unlike the rest of the attractions there-it doesn't feel like an eye sore. If anything it feels like a true Pixar ride, but I hope that the rest of the attractions, or should I say "carnival rides" don't even make their way close to the states. What honestly needs to happen is not a true one themed land, but simply a collaboration of Pixar, featuring possibly The Incredibles etc.

Would anyone want to join a contest on a thread I could make to create the best expansion for Pixar Place? You could invite friends to it, and there could be 3 judges. If anyone wants to join, or just wants more info then please reply to this post. And also I'm not trying to take people off this current thread I just think it could be a cool idea that I thought of just now.

I say bring cars land to HS but maybe change things to cars 2 on the racing outdoor,section touch age it slightly . I'd love to have the town of radiator springs in Florida tol

Daveeeeed

Problem is Cars 2 wasn't taken critically as well as the first one although it still was relatively low comparing to other Pixar properties. I think that Cars 2 was underrated, but do not think it deserves it's own land. That being said Cars (the first) generated about 12 billion dollars in merchandise sales within 5 years of it hitting theatres, so it makes sense to make a flagship land for California Adventure, and is also Disney's true Harry Potter.

Daveeeeed

Like I said in my previous post Disney is probably waiting to see how well a clone of Harry Potter will do in Hollywood likewise how it'll change sales in Universal Resort Orlando. And because Car's was Disney's Harry Potter in percentage of attendance sales going up in DCA this is why I think Disney will announce anything they do with Pixar after they announce Star Wars to see if it will be worth it to clone a mega popular land.

Daveeeeed

Avatar for Animal Kingdom along with the night show plus a night safari is a game changer for that park. All it'll need then is possibly a future ride in Asia a few years after Avatarland opens, because as we all know parks just need random new rides. And possibly at a much, much, much later date a completely redone Dinoland U.S.A themed to something new.

Daveeeeed

Now back to HWS. It has already been formally confirmed by Disney themselves that a name change is coming, a new theatre is coming, and a new track is coming to Toy Story Midway Mania! The question is currently what will go in the place of the Studio Backlot Tour? Almost for sure Cars Land, and if not then it has to be another Pixar property right? Maybe not. Disney has said that Star Wars was going to have a much larger presence in it's parks therefor maybe we're all looking at it wrong. Maybe streets of America will have Star was instead. Maybe The Studio Backlot tour will have just a mashup of multiple Pixar properties. Who knows, but as long as they don't put any carnival rides, and add at least 3 new e-ticket rides I'm not going to complain.

doctornick

One thing I will say about the (frustrating) delay in having a major Star Wars presence built at DHS: If it is actually well done, then a Star Wars build out will be very popular and draw a lot of new guests to the park. There is a strong argument that the park really can't handle increased crowds at all. So, it makes sense for Disney to actually make significant additions with new attractions (or even expanding capacity at existing ones) before opening Star Wars land. Now, I don't thing that excuses the long timeframe, but adding a bunch of Pixar stuff first before Star Wars is probably a sensible plan in principle if that is what happens.

It just should be Pixar stuff opening in 2016 and Star Wars opening in 2018 or such.

Daveeeeed

One thing I will say about the (frustrating) delay in having a major Star Wars presence built at DHS: If it is actually well done, then a Star Wars build out will be very popular and draw a lot of new guests to the park. There is a strong argument that the park really can't handle increased crowds at all. So, it makes sense for Disney to actually make significant additions with new attractions (or even expanding capacity at existing ones) before opening Star Wars land. Now, I don't thing that excuses the long timeframe, but adding a bunch of Pixar stuff first before Star Wars is probably a sensible plan in principle if that is what happens.

It just should be Pixar stuff opening in 2016 and Star Wars opening in 2018 or such.
Unfortunately judging by the average time it takes to build a mega land either way phase 1 won't open until earliest 2018, and phase 2 could be 2020 who knows though.

HauntedMansionFLA

A co

Several "people eating " dark rides would be a nice step in the right direction ( and done right ). You're right. The park needs some good rides to satisfy park goers that would be coming for a SWL. High capacity rides

Daveeeeed

I also 100% times a billion agree with you on the capacity problem. That's why I personally believe they are going to be adding more Pixar rides even if they do Cars land. And for sure they'll add another ride, or show like it's been confirmed. Star Wars is a MEGA PROPERTY ON STEROIDS therefore when all of this stuff rolls out maybe then the park will be balanced between e-tickets, dark rides, and just shows. Keep your fingers crossed!

Daveeeeed

How long does the freaking "approval process" take? (I'm quoting a post from 2 years ago BTW)
What he probably means is how like "planning" takes. It doesn't always take this long, but Disney has been looking long plan, so technically it shouldn't have even have been partially leaked until this year or so judging that it's announced by 2016. Usually between 3 years, and a couple of weeks.
Us fans are just too smart, and crack the code to those sorts of things :)

Bocabear

There is still nothing official...only Iger's remark that there will be a greater Star Wars presence in the park.... which could mean a larger gift shop, a simple meet and Greet, a themed restaurant...it automatically doesn't mean a new land with elaborate attractions. I am sure Avatar will be scaled back before that opens too..it already has had cuts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom