Why Disneyland’s $1 billion Star Wars land isn’t a bust despite flat attendance - OCR/SCNG

mlayton144

If they add a new bar to SWGE based on the original trilogy, they will spend $10million (or insert your number) - then the following would happen :

People will flock to new Original trilogy bar​
People will stop patronizing the old bar​

Sounds exactly like something modern Disney mgmt would green light

Phroobar

If they add a new bar to SWGE based on the original trilogy, they will spend $10million (or insert your number) - then the following would happen :
People will flock to new Original trilogy bar​
People will stop patronizing the old bar​

Sounds exactly like something modern Disney mgmt would green light
Don't underestimate the Disney barfly. Besides, why the heck does the resort need all of these bars? Do adults really need to be plastered in order to enjoy Disneyland?

Last edited:

SplashGhost

I know there are some people that consider the bars a highlight of going to a Disney Park. I don't even like the taste of alcoholic drinks so I think bars are a waste of space in a theme park. Regardless of my personal feelings, it isn't like there aren't plenty of other places where you can get cheaper alcohol.

My lack of interest in alcohol is why I think current Epcot is far and away the worst Disney Park. I have only been to the US ones, but even WDSP offers far to me since they have Tower of Terror, so I feel confident in saying that current Epcot would be my least favorite Disney park even after I visited all the international ones.

DanielBB8

The drinks are way too expensive to get plastered. They are also watered down in where there is barely one shot of liquor in a tall 12 or 16 oz glass. You're paying up to $16 for one cocktail. It's easier to get drunk on wine. You can drink 2 and not fill up. 12 oz of beer is hard to get drunk on. These drinks give the parks some extra flavor. It's not much, but enough. Unfortunately, I'm not impressed by the cantina bar drinks. They don't seem organically Star Wars. They're as phony as heck like Oga's Cantina. Just made up Sequel Trilogy junk.

milordsloth

The drinks are way too expensive to get plastered. They are also watered down in where there is barely one shot of liquor in a tall 12 or 16 oz glass. You're paying up to $16 for one cocktail. It's easier to get drunk on wine. You can drink 2 and not fill up. 12 oz of beer is hard to get drunk on. These drinks give the parks some extra flavor. It's not much, but enough. Unfortunately, I'm not impressed by the cantina bar drinks. They don't seem organically Star Wars. They're as phony as heck like Oga's Cantina. Just made up Sequel Trilogy junk.

At least for beers, it isn't difficult to get drunk if you stick to the strong IPAs.

Communicora

Premium Member
The adult drinks weren't that great, but the Porg tiki mug for the kiddie cocktail is cute.

SplashGhost

There are a lot of crazy rumors out there about Star Wars, and while there is likely some truth in them since Kennedy obviously hasn't done a great job running Lucasfilm. I have high doubts that they will retcon the Sequel Trilogy so soon. They might ignore it and work around it, but I don't think they will officially retcon it for many more years if ever.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

DanielBB8

How about the speculation (not rumor) that Mark Hamill could be used in overhaul of Rise of Resistance with CGI technology if they ever redo Galaxy’s Edge as Original Trilogy. Rise of Resistance area will be Endor with addition of lots of trees. The marketplace and cantina will be Tattooine. Not hard to change. It’s a matter of will.

mickEblu

How about the speculation (not rumor) that Mark Hamill could be used in overhaul of Rise of Resistance with CGI technology if they ever redo Galaxy’s Edge as Original Trilogy. Rise of Resistance area will be Endor with addition of lots of trees. The marketplace and cantina will be Tattooine. Not hard to change. It’s a matter of will.

They better start planting those pine trees for Endor... unless they re artificial.

Or are they Redwoods?

Last edited:

Disneyland68

Star Wars Reboot ,and what will that mean for G.E.

Aloha,
Is there any truth that Kathleen Kennedy is departing Disney which is opening the door/encouraging George Lucas and his team to join Disney to revive the entire SW IP including the movies and SWGE?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Aloha,
Is there any truth that Kathleen Kennedy is departing Disney which is opening the door/encouraging George Lucas and his team to join Disney to revive the entire SW IP including the movies and SWGE?
Kennedy's contract is up in 2021, and likely won't get renewed. As for Lucas, its all rumor and speculation at this point, nothing concrete. So I wouldn't put much stock in it just yet.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom