Why close Snow White?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Better not let them watch the news or learn about history either. Those things are "harmful." In fact, maybe you should place blinders over their eyes and lock them up inside. It's the only way to be safe.

Also I don't like all this complaining about the ride being "scary" for little kids. What are they going to do next, tear down the Haunted Mansion? Give me a break. Being scared once in a while is not a bad thing. If a parent didn't think the ride was "scary" that's their fault for not learning how to read.

I'm fairly certain they were joking. Let's not go into the deep end here over this ride....

alissafalco

Yes they DO, the trouble is a meet and greet loses a lot of it's 'meaning' when it is just plugged in any old place (like a circus tent). And the theming of an area can be somewhat disrupted by a random out of place meet and greet. It is so much more meaningful and special when you meet Alice in front of the Tea Cups, Woody in Frontierland, Buzz in Tomorrowland...
Meet and greets ARE very popular and amazing family experiences better served in a magical location...which is one reason why they originally planned 2 other separate other meet and greets for Snow White and Sleeping Beauty in their very own specially themed and magical Chateaus. And although each princess deserves her own Chateaus, waiting in a long separate line for each princess is NOT really something parents and their kids would appreciate. So combining some princesses INSIDE in a specially themed building right next to a castle in the middle of Fantasyland is ideal, Yet we still will have new special Belle, Little Mermaid and Tangled meet and greet as well.

totally agree...so does anyone know what characters will be at the meet and greet in Storybook Circus?? I really can't think of any that will go with the circus theme besides Dumbo, and I doubt they will have a giant elephant waiting there to meet you.

AswaySuller

totally agree...so does anyone know what characters will be at the meet and greet in Storybook Circus?? I really can't think of any that will go with the circus theme besides Dumbo, and I doubt they will have a giant elephant waiting there to meet you.

There used to be a dumbo costume.... It was awful!!!

Brian_WDW74

Disney has said in the past that it will be existing characters, just with circus outfits. Think of Donald in his frontiersman clothing in Frontierland, only in Pete's Silly Sideshow he would be dressed as a magician called "The Great Donaldo."

TP2000

In any event, I hope that the Princesses stay is a short few years, and we get a ride back eventually. Not sure it'll happen though. The "Princess Fantasy Faire" at Disneyland has occupied a rather large piece of real estate for an awfully long time. And it's quite popular.

And it's being moved at Disneyland into a permanent, customized and far more themed (Read: Expen$ive) location near the Castle on the other side of Fantasyland. The concept of Princess meet n' greets isn't going away at either Disneyland's or WDW's Fantasyland, it's only being strengthened.

Princess Fantasy Faire - Disneyland Fantasyland 2013
269746340-23172718.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/disneylands-princesses-ar_n_934978.html

Once the girls move into the old Snow White dark ride building at WDW, I think it will be a very long time before they move out of there.

Princess Fairytale Hall - WDW Fantasyland 2013
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/01/fantasyland-rendering3.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
And it's being moved at Disneyland into a permanent, customized and far more themed (Read: Expen$ive) location near the Castle on the other side of Fantasyland. The concept of Princess meet n' greets isn't going away at either Disneyland's or WDW's Fantasyland, it's only being strengthened.

269746340-23172718.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/disneylands-princesses-ar_n_934978.html

Once the girls move into the old Snow White dark ride building at WDW, I think it will be a very long time before they move out of there.

Somehow I had missed the coming move of Fantasy Faire in Anaheim. This actually makes me feel better, because the princesses are being moved to what currently is a massively underused place in the park, opening up the location they currently are in for something else. Perhaps then, there is hope that the stay in the SWSA space will be a short one.

alissafalco

Disney has said in the past that it will be existing characters, just with circus outfits. Think of Donald in his frontiersman clothing in Frontierland, only in Pete's Silly Sideshow he would be dressed as a magician called "The Great Donaldo."

Thanks, yeah, that makes sense

alissafalco

269746340-23172718.jpg

Disneylands looks so much better with much more detail and a more excitng authentic castle style ..WDW's looks cheap

On BBC.com there is an article about threatened rides in WDW. We cant get this web site in the UK. Can anyone tell me what it was all about--is there any way I can access this programme? Thanks :wave:

dougmacmickey

Just rode the Snow White ride for the last time must agree on all fronts I do think the ride is old & tired & in need of some tlc & the new expansion has caused this move but I think to replace the ride with a meet & greet when there are many meet & greets all over the MK is avoiding the problem of replacing the ride. They should replace it with a new ride based on a pixar film or perhaps one of the Disney classics rather than the M&G.:)

Ignohippo

They need more rides for the under 6 crowd, which SWSA never addressed and the new SW coaster certainly won't. Honestly, the addition of a permanent spot for the Princesses is a great idea, but they really, really need more dark rides for young kids.

There's a reason why Peter Pan and WtP are still so popular. We need about 3 or 4 more rides like them. And, you don't need to spend $200 million to make a 4 year old happy.

pppapazo

They need more rides for the under 6 crowd, which SWSA never addressed and the new SW coaster certainly won't. Honestly, the addition of a permanent spot for the Princesses is a great idea, but they really, really need more dark rides for young kids.

There's a reason why Peter Pan and WtP are still so popular. We need about 3 or 4 more rides like them. And, you don't need to spend $200 million to make a 4 year old happy.

Interestingly enough, Disneyland has twice as many E-ticket thrill rides as the Magic Kingdom and, even when the Fantasyland expansion is complete, almost twice as many C/D-ticket family rides; the Magic Kingdom, on the other hand, has more than twice as many shows as Disneyland.

amzgirl

Have you ridden the California version of Mermaid? I honestly find Snow White to be more enjoyable. The size of the building has nothing to do with creating a ride to meet "today's standards". The Little Mermaid meets 1980's standards at best.

There is no reason why they couldn't use the same infrastructure in place to (finally) create a Cinderella dark ride - or Sleeping Beauty - or any number of ideas that would suit that area of the park that would attract almost every guest at least once on their visit.

It would cost less money and less hassle to just fully theme the Town Square Theater princess room. Guests do not care where they can meet the princesses, whether it's in Fantasyland or on Main Street.

This.

Use the platform that's already there, make it into a continuous/fast loader, and give us a great ride themed after one of Disney's other great movies. Preferably one that has appeal to girls and boys alike.

With all the FP attractions keeping people out of lines and therefore making the rest of the park more crowded, it would be nice to have another people-eater there.

guitargurl27

Snow White isn't the best ride but it just hasn't been given the love and care that many other rides have gotten. I think my biggest qualm for the ride overall is just the queue. Even up to a 20 minute wait, the line fills up and they usually don't do a good job controlling the line and it extends straight back to the carousal and impedes people from walking through.

I do think the new mine ride will be a good addition to Fantasyland. It's sad to see a classic ride go but new things are welcome.

-We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney

mickey2008.1

Grow up! build up like DL with Alice in Wonderland. Make the most of a small space by building up. New Snow white, New Alice.:shrug:

Lokheed

Does anyone think Disney will hold an AP event for the final goodbye for SWSA? A la Last Flight to Endor, etc.
I don't know if there will be any official ceremony at the closing, but I will definitely be there with my son that night right up until closing. I've been on that thing nearly 3,400 times with him. It's going to be a very sad night.

Rogue21

Not THAT's a Scary Adventure

. . . is about as much fun as simply being strapped to a pallet and driven around one of the back warehouses in the dark. (Attributed to: Unplugged.)

Thread drift, but that sounds wa-ay more fun than riding Snow White's Scary Adventure. :shrug:

Carry on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom