Why close Snow White?

jayhawkmickey

I may be mistaken but I thought I read that they were using some of the animatronics from the current ride in the new mine train coasters scenes. Please someone with insider knowledge correct me if I'm wrong. :shrug:

MarkandAmy

It is easy to see that some are a bit sentimental about SWSA, as I'm sure many have memories of riding it when they were kids, but is this really a ride that is to be considered a "classic?" When I think of Disney attractions that are classics, I'm thinking about Dumbo, Mad Hatter, Splash Mountain, etc. SWSA is nowhere near that list. True, it has been here since the beginning, but age should have very little to do with how fond we are for a ride. As other posts have stated, SWSA was scary for little ones, and boring for older kids.

It doesn't compare to Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh because of the joy created when we ride in a honey pot or fly around in a pirate ship...

jjharvpro

Rode Snow White for my last time two days ago. I do love this ride, but you can tell the state of it is deteriorating and it's not nearly as good as Pan And Pooh. But it still holds a place in my heart. It somewhat saddens me that it will close to a Meet and Greet, but knowing that the Mine Train will be something completely unique and immersive, it's okay now! I would guess that eventually, a newer dark ride or other type of attraction besides a M & G would open here. Lee, any info on that? I know it'd be WAYY in the future though if it did happen.

pmaljr

It was an opening day ride in both Disneyland and WDW's Magic Kingdom. Obviously, it was a ride Walt loved and I can't help but think he would at least be putting another ride in its place, not a meet and greet. A lot of you folks act like there is no history and sentimental strings attached to it at all. It's a ride I first rode in the late 70's on my first trip to WDW as a toddler, and one of my favorites to go on still today. When it closes, Fantasyland will lose some of the magic I have for it in my heart. It's kind of sad, because it has been taken much better care of in Anaheim and it's a much better experience there in my opinion. But, going cross-country isn't something that's easy to do, like hopping in the car and driving 9 hours to Orlando. Oh well ... I can't keep arguing for something nobody seems to care about and it's our loss when it's gone.

Just think about this: what if the new ride is terrible? We could go from a ride that's been there since 1971 to a new ride that you never want to go on. Just think about that ...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just think about this: what if the new ride is terrible? We could go from a ride that's been there since 1971 to a new ride that you never want to go on. Just think about that ...

How do you know that you never want to go on a ride before you've actually been on it? Or even seen the final product? :shrug:

DME

Does anyone know details about the meet and greet? The whole ride takes up quite a bit of space so I can't imagine it'll be just a small room with a backdrop and the princesses standing out front. It'll be set up like Magician Mickey at Main Street? Anyone know?

Lee

Adventurer
Does anyone know details about the meet and greet? The whole ride takes up quite a bit of space so I can't imagine it'll be just a small room with a backdrop and the princesses standing out front. It'll be set up like Magician Mickey at Main Street? Anyone know?

The layout appears to show four seperate M&G rooms. How they are divided, as far as how many princesses in each, I don't know.

And yes...there is a Fastpass queue.:D

RSoxNo1

The layout appears to show four seperate M&G rooms. How they are divided, as far as how many princesses in each, I don't know.

And yes...there is a Fastpass queue.:D

Lee, are you able to confirm that all of these new attractions that are getting Fastpass will be getting an electronic Fastpass system (RFID) instead of the paper system?

HMF

How do you know that you never want to go on a ride before you've actually been on it? Or even seen the final product? :shrug:
It's hypothetical. Besides sometimes when an attraction concept is flawed (Characters in Small World and McMansion Playground for instance) it does not matter how well executed it is. Thankfully, I have a good feeling about the Mine Train.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's hypothetical. Besides sometimes when an attraction concept is flawed (Characters in Small World and McMansion Playground for instance) it does not matter how well executed it is. Thankfully, I have a good feeling about the Mine Train.

The flip side though being that one coud wait until a hypothetical concept became a physical reality. And then giving it a shot before condemning the finished product.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Personal opinions are one thing but don't give a reason why an attraction should be removed for a meet n Greet. Theme aside, is this really the way to go?

Or should we not be asking why an area on a blank canvas couldn't have had a proper, fit for purpose M&G included properly?

The answers are out there, and just show what a sorry state FLE became in its design.

Captain Neo

I strongly disagree with replacing a dark ride with a meet & greet but I will say the original Snow White ride was quaint and has run its course and it's time for a new Snow White attraction. Plus it's still open at the other Disney parks and there are no plans to replace it at any of them.

daydreamdana84

I actually have grown to love the Snow white ride but they could... BRING BACK MR TOAD'S WILD RIDE!! instead of adding another meet and greet. However, i know this is unlikely.

HMButler79

Yeah. Really, Snow White deserves a better ride than the Scary Adventures. And finally...she's getting one. :sohappy:

And hopefully, someday...Peter Pan will too. His ride, as it is, still retains charm (thanks to the vision of Walt and the original Imagineers)...but it is still very dated. I think its popularity certainly warrants giving the ride a major upgrade. If done properly, it could be amazing. Here's hoping...

Well considering she won't even be in the new one till the VERY END (through a window), i'd say NO.

HMButler79

All the kids we traveled with came off of that thing crying. We never never mentioned going back on that ride during our trip.

I don't know how or seen ANY kids come off crying in the new version. Good thing you didn't take them on the Anaheim, Paris or Tokyo versions. They'd lose it. :eek:

JeffH

Theming is VERY important

Guests do not care where they can meet the princesses
Yes they DO, the trouble is a meet and greet loses a lot of it's 'meaning' when it is just plugged in any old place (like a circus tent). And the theming of an area can be somewhat disrupted by a random out of place meet and greet. It is so much more meaningful and special when you meet Alice in front of the Tea Cups, Woody in Frontierland, Buzz in Tomorrowland...
Meet and greets ARE very popular and amazing family experiences better served in a magical location...which is one reason why they originally planned 2 other separate other meet and greets for Snow White and Sleeping Beauty in their very own specially themed and magical Chateaus. And although each princess deserves her own Chateaus, waiting in a long separate line for each princess is NOT really something parents and their kids would appreciate. So combining some princesses INSIDE in a specially themed building right next to a castle in the middle of Fantasyland is ideal, Yet we still will have new special Belle, Little Mermaid and Tangled meet and greet as well.

alissafalco

It's almost 2 months before Disney shows extreme stupidity and closes down one of their most prized, special, classic attractions for a meet & greet! Now I can understand closing it down for a little while (new paint and such) but close it down FOREVER?? :dazzle: Why would Disney close Snow White's Scary Adventures??!! I mean, I know we need to move on and stuff. That's actually what I told my family when Alien Encounter was being remodeled into Stitch. But close such a great ride down for a MEET & GREET? Are they out of their minds!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I got that out. :mad: What do you guys think?

SWSA is a low budget carnival ride. My husband and I were laughing at how bad the ride was. We both thought it was a waste of time. I'm so glad this attraction is leaving. I also don't have a problem with a meet and greet, I don't know why everyone is upset about that. I wished there were places to meet the characters when i was little (in the early 80's) when my parents took us to WDW. The only characters I EVER saw was chip and dale. I think its nice that they now have the characters readily available for the kids at different locations througout the park. To this day I remember wishing seeing Cinderella and I never did :(:( My daughter will now thats for sure :)

Unplugged

one of their most prized, special, classic attractions

Sorry. It may be original and dare I say "legacy", but it is not even close to ranking in as a good attraction in modern times as it's dated and shows it's age in a bad way and is about as much fun as simply being strapped to a pallet and driven around one of the back warehouses in the dark. I just don't understand why so many people keep bringing this up. It it was the Haunted Mansion being replaced, I can understand raising cane, but come one....SWSA? Move along people, nothing to see here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom