Whose going in May?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
April 30-May 8 :sohappy: :wave: All-Star Sports. 12 total people, 2 familes. Waiting for AP rates, so that we can hopefully apply to our existing reservation.

I want to be at MK on May 5, but I bet a lot of other people have the same idea....

littlered

There are four of us going May 1st -7th. Hubby and I, and my two sisters it is their first time and they are so excited. no let me change that we are all excited!!!

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
scorp111 said:
An interesting theory, but reality is the number people on the boards visiting in a specific time frame is not necessarily a good indicator of overall park attendance, two main reason why:

1. A higher number of people that are visiting the park soon visit the boards anyways in an effort to get caught up with all the changes etc. So at any point in the year, it seems like a lot of the posters have an upcoming trip planned in the very near future.

2. A lot of posters visiting this board also try to avoid the busiest times of the year when possible. Sp a large number of them, would plan to go in off-peak times.

Regardless, I will be there from April 27th-May 8th!

I just thought I'd explain my reasoning for creating this thread a little bit more, since there has been some, like scorp111, who bring up some valid points that should be taken into consideration.

I am aware that this survey is not a great indicator of overall park attendance during that time period, but I thought by having a thread like this, it might help some people who have questions. I know that attendance will most likely be up this May because it is the starting month for the celebration, but lately I have seen quite a few people concerned about the crowd size. I thought that maybe by getting a "semi-random" sample from people on the forums it would help to understand what might be the busiest time period during the month of May.

Raven66

nibblesandbits said:
I just thought I'd explain my reasoning for creating this thread a little bit more, since there has been some, like scorp111, who bring up some valid points that should be taken into consideration.

I am aware that this survey is not a great indicator of overall park attendance during that time period, but I thought by having a thread like this, it might help some people who have questions. I know that attendance will most likely be up this May because it is the starting month for the celebration, but lately I have seen quite a few people concerned about the crowd size. I thought that maybe by getting a "semi-random" sample from people on the forums it would help to understand what might be the busiest time period during the month of May.

I thought it was a nice idea to start this thread, so we can know when other WDWMagic members might be there. :) Thank you!! :wave:

joshwill

i was thinking of going the first weekend in may, one more trip before i have to renew my pass. after reading some of thses posts, im thinking i may put it off untill june.

egionet

I'll be there May 14th - 20th with my sister. We're staying at OKW. It's only a short trip, but it will certainly fill the Disney void!

Jabarr

May 5-8 with my wife-Brother-in law and his wife also their 3 year old little girl. (first trip for her!!) Staying at PORFQ. Also waiting for AP codes!!:animwink:

DisKid

May 24-30!! Also, what I like to do when planning how large the crowds are is to mess around with the "book a trip" option on disneyworld.com because once all the rooms of a particular view/style are gone they take them off!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom