Whose going in May?

this thread just cought my eye, becuase during the month of may I have a total of 5 days where I won't have family or friends visiting the central FL area, and I have 2 more friends that may be visiting during the month of may. May is normally when I like to take time off and go on vacation but I guess this year I'll go sometime in the summer.

notnothin

I've been a 'lurker' for some time on the boards. Today I finally registered to ask a question related to this thread.

Isn't May typically very near the end of the school year? How can so many parents take their children out of school at this time? It seems to me that this would be a little less crowded than June or later. Again, I am a noob here, so I would just like some clarification on this. It seems like a pretty critical time of the educational year, or are some schools already out in May?

raven

surfsupdon said:
I hope to be going in May...

...still don't have a reservation yet. But soon.

Me either. I'll be going in May but just waiting to here from a friend when they are available. Us Norgs got to stick together! :wave:

wdwfairy

notnothin said:
I've been a 'lurker' for some time on the boards. Today I finally registered to ask a question related to this thread.

Isn't May typically very near the end of the school year? How can so many parents take their children out of school at this time? It seems to me that this would be a little less crowded than June or later. Again, I am a noob here, so I would just like some clarification on this. It seems like a pretty critical time of the educational year, or are some schools already out in May?

I'm a student in high school in southern Texas and the majority of us over here are out by a week or two before the end of May! Just depends where you are..a friend of mine in Pennsylvania gets out in the beginning of June.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
notnothin said:

Welcome notnothin!!!

About your question. Yes, May is typically near the end of the school year, so therefore, it actually is one of the better times to go to Disney World. Most of the people going to Disney during this month are people who are in college (who get out in early May) and are people who don't have children. (Note I said most, not all). There are also a few select schools who get out early in May, but there aren't many.(as seen above with wdwfairy) So, truthfully, your assumptions are right.

The reason it seems like May is going to be so crowed (and most likely will be more croweded than past years) is because of the Happiest Celebration on Earth celebration. Since the celebration begins on the 5th a lot of people are going to want to go during the month of May to see it before the summer crowds get there.

I hope I helped explain this a little better.

notnothin

nibblesandbits said:
Welcome notnothin!!!

About your question. Yes, May is typically near the end of the school year, so therefore, it actually is one of the better times to go to Disney World. Most of the people going to Disney during this month are people who are in college (who get out in early May) and are people who don't have children. (Note I said most, not all). There are also a few select schools who get out early in May, but there aren't many. So, truthfully, your assumptions are right.

The reason it seems like May is going to be so crowed (and most likely will be more croweded than past years) is because of the Happiest Celebration on Earth celebration. Since the celebration begins on the 5th a lot of people are going to want to go during the month of May to see it before the summer crowds get there.

I hope I helped explain this a little better.

Precisely what I was looking for. I thought that secondary institutions would be out at this point, I was mainly wondering about high schools/middle schools. I too am going in May. Like many others, I too will be staying at the PO-FQ, and am waiting on discount AP rates! After I saw the overwhelming response to the thread, it scared me a little. I guess as others said, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Thanks for your replies wdwfairy & nibblesandbits. :)

Raven66

notnothin said:

Welcome notnothin :wave:
My daughter gets out of school May 18. But they go back August 12. When we lived in Michigan she got out in June, so when we moved here it was odd when she got out in May. Just depends on what part of the country you live in. :wave:

Dwarful

May 6-15th at Pop Century. Our oldest daughter will miss a week of school, but she is in primary school, 3rd grade, she is getting her assignments before we go so she can work on them on the airplane going and coming. She gets out in late May last Friday before memorial day, but the company my husband works for got bought out and it was "use it or lose it" time with his vacation. The school has already taken their Iowa Skills tests and the CAT tests so she won't really be missing a whole lot this close to the end. If it were middle/high school wouldn't take her out.

Now with the crowd levels, not really sure how bad they will be, we changed from Movies to Pop 20 days before our arrival and still got the ap rate and had no problems adding Friday to our trip. Also got breakfast at Chef Mickeys 17 days prior to arrival. So if those are any indications, I don't think early May will be a mob scene!

doejeff

Pop Century

FBullock said:
I'll be there 5/14 to 5/20 @ Pop Century. Taking wife and her twin sister for thier 50th Birthday but still young. Just booked it tonight. We've been in May twice in the last 5 years and it's not to bad.
Let me know how you like Pop Century. We are going in April 2006

doejeff

Pop Century

shakes20 said:
My family (six of us) will be in WDW at the Pop Century from May 1st to the 17th. Another family (of four) will be joining us on the 8th.

We'll all have to wear our "I Post on WDWMagic.com!" or the ever popular "I'm a lurker at WDWMagic.com!" so we can wave! :wave:
Let me know how you like Pop Century. We will be staying there the end of April beginning of May 2006.:)

doejeff

Pop Century

Raven66 said:
May 19th -25th :sohappy: Pop Century

Can't get here soon enough! :zipit:
Let me know how you like Pop Century.
My family (2 adults, 2 teenagers) are going next year

doejeff

Pop Century

Raven66 said:
I thought it was a nice idea to start this thread, so we can know when other WDWMagic members might be there. :) Thank you!! :wave:
Let me know how you like Pop Century. My family is going next year.

WDWScottieBoy

I'll be at Pop Century with DitzeeChick02 May 19-24.

Stayed there last summer....not a bad resort since it's new, but not the best. POR will always be "home" for me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom