Whose going in May?

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Ok, I have seen a lot of threads in the past few weeks about people concerned about the number of people going in May. I figured it might be easier if we had a thread saying who was going in May and when they are taking their trip. That way, maybe people could gage what weeks the parks might be busier than others espeically since this year May is such a crapshoot. Just thought this might be helpful.

I'm going May 16-20

KelsaBels

Hi! I am also going in May. I will be going the 14th-21st...so, pretty much the same week! I have gone for the last few years, a few times each year, and have always gone at least once in May. Although crowds seem to be a little heavier, it's never been overwhelming...and I am not a big fan of big crowds!

Lynx04

I was planning on going in May until I tried to book my trip a month ago and found out that the only moderate resort that was not booked up was POFQ. Instead we decided to go in Sep instead. I am fortunate to have the time flexiblaty of going anytime during the year I please, that is why trying to find the less crowded time is the name of my game.

Becky

Lynx04 said:
I was planning on going in May until I tried to book my trip a month ago and found out that the only moderate resort that was not booked up was POFQ. QUOTE]

I booked two rooms yesterday at POR with AAA discount for May 14-21st.

FBullock

I'll be there 5/14 to 5/20 @ Pop Century. Taking wife and her twin sister for thier 50th Birthday but still young. Just booked it tonight. We've been in May twice in the last 5 years and it's not to bad.

shakes20

My family (six of us) will be in WDW at the Pop Century from May 1st to the 17th. Another family (of four) will be joining us on the 8th.

We'll all have to wear our "I Post on WDWMagic.com!" or the ever popular "I'm a lurker at WDWMagic.com!" so we can wave! :wave:

Hwdunn

We will be there May 13-20. First two nights at POP or if the AP codes come in at Riverside. The rest of the week at OKW. :sohappy:

scorp111

nibblesandbits said:
Ok, I have seen a lot of threads in the past few weeks about people concerned about the number of people going in May. I figured it might be easier if we had a thread saying who was going in May and when they are taking their trip. That way, maybe people could gage what weeks the parks might be busier than others espeically since this year May is such a crapshoot. Just thought this might be helpful.

I'm going May 16-20

An interesting theory, but reality is the number people on the boards visiting in a specific time frame is not necessarily a good indicator of overall park attendance, two main reason why:

1. A higher number of people that are visiting the park soon visit the boards anyways in an effort to get caught up with all the changes etc. So at any point in the year, it seems like a lot of the posters have an upcoming trip planned in the very near future.

2. A lot of posters visiting this board also try to avoid the busiest times of the year when possible. Sp a large number of them, would plan to go in off-peak times.

Regardless, I will be there from April 27th-May 8th!

cj2me

My party of 6 will be there May 5-9 and my Brother in law and sister in law will be there with there party of 6 May 1-6.

Computer Magic

nibblesandbits said:

I'm going May 16-20
I think there will be large crowds in May. That is what I'm planning on anyway, if not even better. The parks seem to be open later the usual during that time, especially if you add in the Extra Magical Hour.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best. Maybe I'll meet some WDWMAGIC folks while waiting in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom