Who's Who on WDWmagic

Ashitaka

Hi, I'm Mark. I'm 38 and started going to WDW in my early 20's. I've been about eight times so far, with my gf and I planning another trip this October.

Originally from Vermont, I've lived in Brooklyn, NY for the past ten years (and I still can't stand the Yankees). I'm the office manager for a non-profit that does research and training on HIV/AIDS.

Here's a shot my gf took of me on our trip this past December.
2317248780_5a9fbef53c.jpg

Phonedave

Cool,

Me:

Dave
I live in Northeast NJ (5 minutes from the Geroge Washington Bridge)
I work in Telecomm. In reality I am management - you can stick me in just about any company in a project managemet type position.

I was married for 11 years, now divorced for 2 (amicably) - I have two daughters 6 & 9 and I am an other person you will never find referring to them as "DD"

First trip was with my parents when I was about 10

Then a long dry spell

Then 4 or 5 trips while married. Then many many trips after marriage. Sometimes with kids, sometimes with friends, many times solo (such as in 5 days :) )

I don't have any pictures of myself on this PC or in photobucket, so, I will have to post the Awwwww picture of my kids :)

-dave

back.jpg

Phonedave

:lookaroun

Psssst... Trav,

Outback's a chain too... :lookaroun

I need to work on you girls to recognize that 30's is still too young... 40's is when men become deep and can carry on more than simple conversation...

And are really appreciative too! :lookaroun

I have to put in the plug for 37 being the deep developmental age. And I have TWO kids - thats twice the keeping up :)

-dave

ChrisQ

OK here I go...

I'm Chris, and I'm the Director of Communications at Eastridge Community Church. I handle all printed and electronic materials for the church, take care of media and public relations, and program and direct services. I'm single, and I'm looking, but in the words of the great Maria McKee, "a good heart these days is hard to find." But I digress...

I first went to WDW when I was a baby, and I've been many times since. Here's a pic of me and my nearly three-year-old niece at DTD on our last trip in October. It's not my favorite pic of myself, but it is one from WDW.

DSC_01401.JPG

AlishaMisha

Hello fellow WDWMagicers!

My name is Alisha and Im 19 years young. Im born and raised from Maine and still live here but I also live half my time in Massachusetts with my longtime boyfriend Matt (21). Note: Matt is in no way a Disney fan as he is still mourning over the loss of the muppets.

I am heading off to Johnson & Wales University-Providence in the fall as a Baking and Pastry Arts Major. Matt is an Anesthesia Tech in a Hospital that I will not say because of his privacy.

This is Matt...
l_ce7b10b5bebfaf25a3221a5a7d70c026.jpg

I have an 8 yearold Golden Retriever named Lexis, but sometimes we call her kitty because she is just that silly.

Here Lexis as a puppy and Lexis now...
l_9c6216ba4b6e59b6bc1f57fb2ac06779.jpg

l_ca2e082d7f9760304ac3508fbef66ebb.jpg

I also have 3 goldfish named Gimps, Pumbaa, and Simba (I love the lion king)

I adore my time in Disney. I live there for 1 month out of every year. I've been going to WDW since I was 3 and have let it consumed me.

In Disney I have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Dixie Landings, Pop Century, Carribean, Beach Club Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas, and Saratoga Springs.

My Favorite Park is MK for it's magic but EPCOT follows closely behind.

My favorite current rides are The Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and SSE. Although I love ALL things Disney...yes even the hall of presidents.

Favorite Fireworks are Illuminations and Magic, Music and Mayhem(did I get the name right? oh well...)

Favorite Stage show is VotLM

Favorite Parade is The Main Street Electrical Parade followed closely by Spectromagic.

Favorite Disney Films: Hand Drawn-Aladdin / Pixar-Toy Story 1&2

My favorite classic short is "Mickey's Birthday"

You can find me in the parks feb-march pin trading, making photo ops (this one is my mom and I)...
l_b892091f305cbc68604eaddfc10e8abf.jpg

... and crying at everything magical. Oh and Hidden Mickey Searching...
l_baa71d253063638ce57d57d7dd0243c6.jpg

I learned how to swim at this pool at Dixie Landings...

l_fa878d86e2a47cacfb068f40f3e88e0a.jpg

Im a big fan of character interactions. So much that I would get an AP just to spend time with them.

Here is my cousin Raven(left) and I(right) at Beaches and Cream where I love getting fatty burgers :slurp:

l_9667ef3915a23504e69d96569cbf3e0c.jpg

Did I mention I don't like Pickles on them?

l_fa1465ef9731a20f338a61a2af8e06b8.jpg

Anyways Im sure I forgot something but this is long enough

Oh btw. This is my Disney themed myspace. I generate my own codes. No myspace editors for me!

www.myspace.com/6727393 sometimes the background doesn't work which makes it look blah.

:king: ~Leash

Disneykidder

To the teenagers on here, I must say that you are very mature. If not from this thread, I probably wouldn't have known that you're so young. :)

DisneySam

I [too] never realized how many twenty-somethings, like me, there are on this site! Its reassuring. All of my twenty-something friends give me the "whats wrong with you" look when I get all excited about Walt Disney World and talk Disney.

If anyone is on facebook, you can facebook me (Samie Smith Lexington, KY.)

I [too] never realized how many twenty-somethings, like me, there are on this site! Its reassuring. All of my twenty-something friends give me the "whats wrong with you" look when I get all excited about Walt Disney World and talk Disney.

If anyone is on facebook, you can facebook me (Samie Smith Lexington, KY.)

You get those looks too?! Haha good, I'm not the only one :wave:

DivineMadness7

Ahh but to him Disney didn't do anything REAL with them so to him they are lost forever. Besides, He hates them for their "taking over everything" business side.

I guess I can see this argument but for me it meant two of my favorite things were being combined. I think Disney tried to do something with the Muppets early on. People often forget Muppet Wizard of Oz (and understandably so, I am still trying to do so myself...) and there are definitely more Muppet things to buy now around the parks. They put Bunsen and Beaker as the mobile characters, albeit temporarily and with no certain future just yet. It's really only been a few years, so I'm not giving up on them just yet. I think it's tough to find a target audience for the Muppets these days. Young kids don't know who they are. I just asked an 8 year old I know the other day if he knew who Kermit the frog was and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. I think the Muppets are safe with Disney and I think it was a good choice for both companies, business wise. Until they shut down muppets 3D and quit having Kermit meet and greet in the park, I'm gonna give them benefit of the doubt.

Back on topic, I love this thread and that we're now 30 pages in. I'm also LOVING the animal pictures! I have to share one of my baby now. It isn't disney related but this picture did get on CNN :D

superbailey3.jpg

AlishaMisha

I love the Golden pictures, I used to raise them. They are the sweetest dogs. :)

I love them too! She is my first and only dog. Can't imagine life w/o her.

If you get L.L. Bean catalogs then you have seen Lexis before. As a puppy she was in the Spring of 2000 catalog with her brothers and sisters.

Just a few more pics...:eek:

1437200835_l.jpg

l_0ffd09b1075c7b9eca00f2ab1bd24916.jpg

l_d7b7f7a8a497b3b1dc34ced944bc641a.jpg

DisneyGigi

I love them too! She is my first and only dog. Can't imagine life w/o her.

If you get L.L. Bean catalogs then you have seen Lexis before. As a puppy she was in the Spring of 2000 catalog with her brothers and sisters.

Just a few more pics...:eek:

1437200835_l.jpg

l_0ffd09b1075c7b9eca00f2ab1bd24916.jpg

l_d7b7f7a8a497b3b1dc34ced944bc641a.jpg

She really is a beautiful dog! Makes me miss mine. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom