Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

Beckett

I know they have to be thorough but taking someones money out?! That seems a bit much. Lets just show everyone nearby how much cash you have on you o_O:mad:
That is true, it is dangerous for them to take out your cash in front of everyone, especially since it is a vacation and people could be carrying a lot of cash. Also, I really don't see what could possibly be hidden there o_O they did open my bag and check everything but they did not open my wallet. More reasons to carry less cash and just keep paying with our Magic Bands I guess.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I had a security screener like that the first day we were at AK, and I was carrying my big backpack with LOTS of stuff in it! She handled absolutely everything in my bag. She even opened my wallet! I, like you, about had a fit!! Then once we were through the line, I had to take everything out again so I could rearrange it the way I had it packed in the first place!
So unnecessary and frustrating!!

I know they have to be thorough but taking someones money out?! That seems a bit much. Lets just show everyone nearby how much cash you have on you o_O:mad:

That is true, it is dangerous for them to take out your cash in front of everyone, especially since it is a vacation and people could be carrying a lot of cash. Also, I really don't see what could possibly be hidden there o_O they did open my bag and check everything but they did not open my wallet. More reasons to carry less cash and just keep paying with our Magic Bands I guess.
Whatever happened to common sense? Pulling out someone's cash to check for what? Screeners don't rifle through men's wallets. It made me so mad!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tuvalu , after reading your latest attempt to catch the MK Welcome Show, I've come to the conclusion that this show is detrimental to your health. Something, no, multiple things, happen each time you try to see this show -- and each time it's something different to mess up your plans. Cut your losses! :jawdrop: The MK Welcome show is just NOT MEANT TO BE FOR YOU!! :eek: (Instead just go over to the Poly, and stuff Tonga Toast down your gullet--far more satisfying! :joyfull: )
Truer words could not be spoken!

Thanks for the laugh, @MinnieM123 ~ you made my night!! :happy:

MerMom1981

My daughter Cady has that same MU hat as Em. She loves Monsters Inc. and Monsters University, she's very disappointed that she can't meet Mike and Sully. :( Actually she can't meet any of her top 3 characters. Her 3rd pick was Aurora and now she's not greeting anyplace other than at a restaurant.

A friend of mine was at MK today and her daughters met Aurora at Prices Fairytale Hall. There's hope!

MerMom1981

Woody texted that he was in the park and we met up with him in time for our next FP at Tower of Terror. As we made our way to the entrance, we could not believe the standby wait time.

View attachment 149706

Then we saw this ~
View attachment 149707

Nope, that's NOT the standby line ~ that's the Fastpass line!! We had to turn around because "the line ENDS here; it BEGINS over there!" (Bonus points if you get the reference :D.)

This is where the line began...at the stoplight!!
View attachment 149708

A cast member walking beside the line apologized to all FP holders and said the wait would be 45 minutes due to one side of the ride having mechanical difficulty. We joined the line anyway.

View attachment 149709

We noticed these two streetmosphere performers just outside the lobby who were making hilarious faces! They weren't speaking, so anyone not paying attention would not have even seen them. When the gal on the right saw Em's camera, she immediately broke into a huge grin.

View attachment 149710

The mechanical issues must have gotten resolved sometime during our wait because we made it into the library in 30 minutes.

And down we go!!!!
View attachment 149711

"The line to meet Santa stretched all the way to Tarahaute. And I was at the end of it"

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
View attachment 149062

I know the San Angel Inn doesn't get a lot of love on these forums. But in the 30+ years of dining here, we have only had one bad meal and that was mainly a service issue. The atmosphere is so peaceful and unique. We were led to a prime table next to the water and enjoyed watching the boats float by.

View attachment 149063
(My iPhone pic doesn't do it justice.)

The chips arrived warm and crispy, and I LOVE the tomatillo salsa verde. I had to force myself to stop snacking!
Soon our entrees arrived.

Tacos de Vegetales (Em)

See I thinks Em's meal while maybe tastey looks rather skimpy. Yours looks awesome.

View attachment 149064

Enchiladas Verde con Pollo (Woody)
View attachment 149066

Pollo a las Rajas (I could eat this every day!)
View attachment 149065[/QUOTE]

We had a real bad meal at San Angel followed up by not only only charging the adult beverages to my debit card but also our dinners and we were on the dining plan. When I corrected the server I was told no worries I could use the credits some other time. (our last night) Five days later a credit finally appeared to my checking account. We were done. Service was awful and slow, hard to find. We got our drinks after the meal came. Love the beauty of the place but service is spotty at best.

See I thinks Em's meal while maybe tasty looks rather skimpy. Yours looks awesome.
\

Cool MU hat, but looks like @TrolleyFollower91 got one somebody already wore then returned. Think I would have bought me a new one.
Ha! We have a lifeguard cap here that Walt our Pup did the same embelishment to. Also a Nike golf cap. Pup has a cap fetish.

Keeping in mind that we live in the South....
Looking at a winter home near Disney. I fear the summer humidity being from the North. Still maybe we could survive knowing the blizzards would be a thing of the past.

#BanDoubleStrollers
We did a metal Disney stroller and an umbrella stroller once. Avoided the Disney double ultra wide thing. One year back home we did a front to back double, they are not so bad, the side by side are just evil.

Tell Julia I'm proud of her willpower! She is stronger than me since she'll have to wait until September...I have a FP for the new movie in a few weeks ;)

Em gave me my Wishes shirt for Mother's Day. I love the fact that my adult girl doesn't mind mother/daughter matching! :inlove:

Yeah, reviews are such personal things...if I want to try someplace, I will go and make my own assessment.
I have met several WDWMagic-ers on various trips, but only because of pictures from trip reports!
Thanks for following along!

I wish Disney had Mike and Sulley in a new location! They are a fab meet and greet! Cady should still wear her cap with pride. :happy:
Yep, it is going to be a long time before we try San's again. Wish @fractal luck as we have not had any there the last few trips.

We're saving up for one the size of a small sedan so that we can haul the 5 backpacks, 2 cases of water, 7 electronic devices and 6 different kinds of hand sanitizer that seem to be necessary accessories for every baby we see nowadays. Oh and cup holders ...

In due time I am interested to see how the GrandBaby trips play out. My DD did her first trip at 2 months and my oldest at 14 months one day after he decided to learn to walk. Being in your age demographic it will be interesting to see what the new generation is afforded at Disney that our kiddos were not.

In the back of my mind, I always worry about the possibility of lost or misrouted/delayed luggage--more so, from the airlines. So I've always made sure that my carry on bag has a bathing suit, and a complete change of clothes for 1 day. That way, if your luggage is located (but not until the next day), at least you have one bathing suit for the pool, and a clean change of clothing. I also keep a toothbrush and toothpaste, a small tube of sunscreen, a baseball cap (to protect from the sun), sunglasses, and a comb in there. :)

For our trips we always have bath stuff in a ziplock, a swim suit and an extra day clothes and jammies in our backpacks plus and extra shirt. When we check luggage we all have our own suitcases but we all swap out an extra day full clothing in each others suitcase as a back up in case a piece is misdirected. DME only failed us once but it wasn't pretty. A day later at 4 am our checked luggage came a pounding at our door. Me answering bellhop in my jammies from a sound sleep. Still had the tip money on the table though.

Hey, Tuvalu! Are those Teva sandals you're wearing? Mine have been missing for a few days, and yours look a lot like my missing ones! :cautious:
I'd blame Jack.

Do you mean vertigo from the inversion loops? I have to be careful with inversions--I can only ride RNR once while I'm on my yearly trip to WDW. I also only ride the "green" side of Mission Space, for the same reason--inner ear imbalance that can create havoc.
Shortly after Rock'n opened and we had issues after riding it the first time we encountered a neurosurgeon at the bus stop at the Jumbo House. He explained the brain slosh that happens at speeds like that and how some genuinely suffer from some genuine issues of slosh that takes time to recover from especially as we age. I happily skip this attraction when I am not with my DS who just loves it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday morning, con't

So Em and I continued to wait under the overhang of the turnstiles while Colin let loose. I texted Woody and told him to bring the rain gear along. When the rain slowed to a sprinkle Em and I made a dash to the train tunnel. From the tunnel another dash to the Emporium. When we exited Casey's, the rain had stopped :geek:.

Our plan was to hit Fantasyland first. Naturally we started with Peter Pan, since that line gets long fast! As we entered the queue, I was handed this:
image.jpeg

(I just now realized I photographed the Spanish side of the red timing card! :facepalm:)

We were shocked to enter the children's bedroom and find it empty! Did Tink pixie-dust everyone away??

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We literally strolled right onto a pirate ship ~ the red card completely unnecessary.

image.jpeg

Next was Pooh and it was Em's turn to be given the red card!

image.jpeg

And again, we never stopped walking and got right into a honeypot. #Redcardunnecessary

Though we did not receive the red card at the entrance to Little Mermaid, there was no wait here either.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em decided it was time for a little character fun. There were only a handful of guests waiting outside Pete's Silly Sideshow. Since the doors were closed, we deduced it didn't open until 9 a.m. We couldn't help but listen to a conversation beside us ~ and it quickly became apparent that the man engaging two children with questions was not Dad, but an "unofficial" Disney tour guide. (He waited for them outside the meet and greet and then led the family to their next attraction.)

Then a "real" Disney CM appeared and told the children at the front of the line to listen for a knock on the door. When they heard the knock, she would open the door and let everyone in.

Em said if she had known what was going to happen she would have been prepared with her camera. Because when the knock came and the CM opened the door, there stood Daisy Fortuna and Minnie Magnifique! And after the knock on the second door, there stood The Great Goofini and The Amazing Donaldo!

(The looks on the children's faces were priceless! If you have little ones, we highly recommend getting to the circus tent before it opens so you can experience this magical moment for yourselves!)

Our first hug was from Daisy.
image.jpeg

Followed by Minnie
image.jpeg

We had to exit into Big Top gifts, but we got right back in line to meet these guys.

Goofy!
image.jpeg

And Donald!
image.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@Gabe1 ~
Sorry to hear about your bad experience at San Angel. I can understand your not wanting to return. Em's tacos were from the appetizer section of the menu which is why her meal seemed small. :)

Thanks for reading!

@BWK05, according to my dad, it never rains on the golf course! :joyfull:

I feel much better that the tacos were an appetizer!!! I have to say though your meal looked very yummy.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We took the path to Tomorrowland and went to defeat Zurg.

image.jpeg

No Galactic Hero for me <sigh> but I was pleased with my score.

image.jpeg

Time for a spin....no, 3 spins....on the MPB2.0

image.jpeg

(@Doc Disney, you can kinda see Em's new Dooney.)

We got off the Peoplemover after the third spin, since Woody had texted that he was in the park. We met him at Space Mountain, where we used our first FP.

image.jpeg

Yup, I am smiling into a black abyss....:facepalm:

Haunted Mansion was our next FP. No picture ~ y'all know what the Haunted Mansion looks like!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom