Who should voice Spaceship Earth's "Story Light" starting in 2022?

WDWmazprty

Male voices: Liam Neeson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Sir Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Morgan Freeman, Josh Lucas, Josh Brolin, Tom Hanks, Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt, Gary Oldman, Dustin Hoffman, Ralph Fiennes,

Female voices: Cate Blanchette, Lupita N'yongo, Scarlett Johansson, Eva Green, Bryce Dallas Howard, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence, Helen Mirren, Ruth Negga, Thandie Newton, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Ming-Na Wen

FettFan

So apparently as part of SSE's long-awaited overhaul, Disney will be implementing a new narrative device to the ride known as the Story Light, who will serve as your guide through the history of human storytelling. Personally, when I think of a character who is literally a beam of light, I could most easily imagine such a character having a soothing feminine voice of sorts. If Disney wants the Story Light to have a higher-pitched voice (taking the name of the character literally), my top choices for the role would be Amy Adams, Anne Hathaway, Bryce Dallas Howard, Christina Hendricks, and Jessica Chastain. If Disney wants a deeper voice than that (not taking the character's name as literally), then I would suggest Lupita Nyong'o, Emma Stone, Scarlett Johansson, and maybe even Charlize Theron. But if the Story Light happens to be a male, however, then I could most closely imagine either Chris Evans or Benedict Cumberbatch lending their voice to the character (as long as they whisper their narration).

When you think of Spaceship Earth's new "Story Light," whose voice first comes to your mind in that role? Feel free to share your thoughts down below!

621390.png

TheDuke

Nothing would be better for me than the return of Jeremy Irons as the SE narrator.

OP's idea for Amy Adams doing it if they're going for a serene female narrator would be good too.

The only problem with this one is the fact that they are planning on adding a Mary Poppins attraction to the UK pavilion, so if her voice is utilized in that attraction, it would be somewhat distracting to simultaneously hear her voice inside Spaceship Earth.

She could talk in a weird throaty voice like Batman to disguise it when she narrates spaceship earth. It could change from the history of communication to the history of chest colds.

KBLovedDisney

IMHO, I prefer a male narrator. No offense to other women out there but for some reason other women's voices (and my own) tend to sound scratchier, unless you get someone like Kathleen Turner to narrate...:cautious:

HongKongFu

Hey!

Why not no recognized voice??????
Why do you load the question as if there has to be some celebrity to narrate.

I question your presumption and it really shows a lack of originality and creativety.

Here we go again stuffing "IP" down our throats only this time it has to be an established voice over something original.

I know why.....it's because the celebrity gives the attraction credence......so stupid we are are as society.

danyoung56

Hey!

Why not no recognized voice??????
Why do you load the question as if there has to be some celebrity to narrate.

I question your presumption and it really shows a lack of originality and creativety.

Here we go again stuffing "IP" down our throats only this time it has to be an established voice over something original.

I know why.....it's because the celebrity gives the attraction credence......so stupid we are are as society.

I just wanna say that this is one of stupidest attacks I've ever seen (unless it should have had a smiley face).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom