Who should take over the narration on SSE??

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Who would be your choice to take over the narration on SSE? Or woud you leave it the way it is with Dame Judy?

Some suggestions off the top of my head I think wouldn't sound too bad are:

Morgan Freeman
Anthony Hopkins
Sigourney Weaver

baymenxpac

unfortunately, my favorite former narrator is no longer an option. RIP walter cronkite.

honestly, i wouldn't go morgan freeman just because he already does a fine job in hall of presidents.

if they were to change the narration, i'd like a script tweak or two. those "roman built the first world wide web" and "remember how easy it was to learn you ABCs? thank the phoenicians" lines always rub me the wrong way.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
unfortunately, my favorite former narrator is no longer an option. RIP walter cronkite.

honestly, i wouldn't go morgan freeman just because he already does a fine job in hall of presidents.

if they were to change the narration, i'd like a script tweak or two. those "roman built the first world wide web" and "remember how easy it was to learn you ABCs? thank the phoenicians" lines always rub me the wrong way.

What's wrong with those lines?

dreamscometrue

Captain Kirk...yeah, that's right, think about that!

Seriously...Donald Sutherland perhaps. (I know, I keep picking Canadians. Geddy Lee from Rush, Wayne Gretzky. :))

I actually don't mind Dame Judith.

SleepingMonk

Only two people come to mind...and they're both Jeremy Irons.

a5dwfk.jpg

Bravo 229

I always thought William Daniels would be the perfect narrator. That being said, I never listen to Judy Dench. I'll either select the French language option, or if I take my headphones I'll listen to Jeremy Irons. I love technology!

baymenxpac

What's wrong with those lines?

they just always bug me. to me, they feel like when one of your HS writing teachers would tell you to relate what you're talking about to something current.
i don't know. it just feels sort of...dumbed down slightly? maybe it's just me. it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the attraction, but i liked it better when they weren't there.

and also, put me down for a big jeremy irons fan, too.

Foolish Mortal

In no order:

James Earl Jones
Kelsey Grammer
Morgan Freeman
Patrick Stewart

And if it meant getting rid of Judy Fench, i'd even settle for Sponge Bob !!

Crockett

Banned
I take it ______ Wee Herman is not an option here?
Ok, really? We cannot even type in Mr. Herman's full name without censorship?
And ________ Van ________ from Mary Poppins doesn't even stand a chance. :shrug: Not trying to sound like a gripe. But really??

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ok, really? We cannot even type in Mr. Herman's full name without censorship?
And ________ Van ________ from Mary Poppins doesn't even stand a chance. :shrug: Not trying to sound like a gripe. But really??

Yeah, really. Obviously someone before you used the term in a less-than-proper fashion...

And I'd have to go with Mr. Crabs. I don't think Spongebob can get through the narration without giggling.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom