Who Should Narrate New Spaceship Earth?

Disney4family

1583233235172.png
???? That would make for an interesting script...

Touchdown

View attachment 453534 ???? That would make for an interesting script...

Imagine if you will, a planet, like a grand and miraculous spaceship sailing through the universe of time. Something peculiar is about to happen here, a species is about to become self aware that will go on to reshape the entire planet. The time: 45,000 BC, that planet: Earth, let’s journey there now...

Last edited:

Goofy213

What about a child actor or actress? This is suppose to be a journey into the future. What better than the future generation to tell it's path? Can't think of one off hand, but maybe Tony's daughter in Endgame?

Prototype82

What if it started out as a child and then as you progressed through the attraction, the voice aged to become a very noticeable voice?
I absolutely. Love that. Or what if it was different voices from around the world? They are really emphasizing "Our Shared Story" being the theme.

HanSoloDolo

1. Neil Degrasse Tyson
2. Tilda Swinton
3. Anthony Hopkins
4. Jim Cummings: One scene as Pooh another as darkwing, then tigger and so on “Oh bother they burnt Rome...”

UNCgolf

What if it started out as a child and then as you progressed through the attraction, the voice aged to become a very noticeable voice?

I do not like this idea. That would make it seem (regardless of intent) that humans as a whole were children in the ancient/classical era and have grown into adults.

WDWFREAK53

I do not like this idea. That would make it seem (regardless of intent) that humans as a whole were children in the ancient/classical era and have grown into adults.

Or you could be experiencing these scenes as you learned about them in school.

I don’t think that an English dialect was around during the earliest days of man because Judi Dench narrates during it.

UNCgolf

Or you could be experiencing these scenes as you learned about them in school.

I don’t think that an English dialect was around during the earliest days of man because Judi Dench narrates during it.

I'm just saying that's how it would sound to me. I don't like the idea of children narrating -- Spaceship Earth is possibly the least appropriate place at Disney for that. I also don't think most people (at least in the US) learn about history chronologically; I know we didn't talk about anything older than the colonial era until high school.

ImperfectPixie

I also don't think most people (at least in the US) learn about history chronologically; I know we didn't talk about anything older than the colonial era until high school.
I've always hated that we didn't learn things in the order that they happened...it would have made them so much easier to understand and I really think it's why I hated history as a kid. Now that I'm an adult and have been able to read things in the correct order, I've found a love for history I never thought I would have.

WDWFREAK53

I'm just saying that's how it would sound to me. I don't like the idea of children narrating -- Spaceship Earth is possibly the least appropriate place at Disney for that. I also don't think most people (at least in the US) learn about history chronologically; I know we didn't talk about anything older than the colonial era until high school.

But your first knowledge of dinosaurs, prehistory, and cavemen was when you were a child.
I'm not saying this is the best way either...I, personally, would like an option using those touchscreens to choose between various narrators with slightly different scripts.

Lexxweb

Bill Nye & Ellen Degeneres ;)

Kidding. In my opinion, Spaceship Earth has always been home to narrators with great voices, so here's hoping they find the next generation's great voice!

Robbiem

Another underrated narrator would be Brad Pitt. He actually has a very southing voice when you hear him narrate a documentary

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom