who rode EE lets talk

Merlin

Account Suspended
SpongeScott said:
Merlin, have you ridden EE yet?

No. And nowhere have I claimed to be basing my opinion on personal experience with the ride. I'm basing it on what others are saying about the ride, their descriptions of what happens and on photos and videos. I'm going in two weeks and will then offer my personal opinion of the ride experience itself.

wannab@dis

SpongeScott said:
Merlin, have you ridden EE yet?
I just read this whole thread and was fixing to ask that question. :(

It's very plain that he hasn't. He's just itching for an argument like so many threads that he's involved in. It's also clear that he has a problem with Joe Rohde and anything he's been part of. (Did you notice he made that point about El Rio De Tiempo in another thread?)

Also, I went back and rechecked many posts Merlin. You claimed more than once that people were attacking you. Bad show man... nobody even came close. Also, contrary to your claims, you haven't proven one point that you have tried to make.

wannab@dis

Merlin said:
No. And nowhere have I claimed to be basing my opinion on personal experience with the ride. I'm basing it on what others are saying about the ride, their descriptions of what happens and on photos and videos. I'm going in two weeks and will then offer my personal opinion of the ride experience itself.
Must get to last page before adding replies... :lol:

For someone that hasn't experienced the attraction, you sure are trying REALLY hard to knock it. Why not ride it first? :veryconfu

If you ride it and then feel the need to make your claims, then please do so. But until then, it's basically a farce. Your claims have zero merit compared to all the ones that have ridden it. Interesting how don't believe their experiences, but want them to believe your imagined facts. Also, shed some light on all the people that you claim don't like it?

ryguy

Overall I was dissapointed with this attraction. I agree the Yeti scene is way to fast and frankly not that thrilling. Riding backwards is also not that exciting to me as well. However, I will say when the train came back to the station the other riders were clapping there hands and yelling, so I figure I am in the minority for not liking this ride that much. To me Big Thunder Mountain is just as good.

wannab@dis

ryguy said:
Overall I was dissapointed with this attraction. I agree the Yeti scene is way to fast and frankly not that thrilling. Riding backwards is also not that exciting to me as well. However, I will say when the train came back to the station the other riders were clapping there hands and yelling, so I figure I am in the minority for not liking this ride that much. To me Big Thunder Mountain is just as good.
Thanks for sharing your views and welcome to the boards! :wave:

Thanks also for the information about the other riders. I hope that I can be one of the other riders that really liked it. :lol:

Let me ask you this... Do you try to ride Big Thunder Mtn often and do you think you will want to ride EE again? Do you think your opinion may change after subsequent rides?

Merlin

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Also, I went back and rechecked many posts Merlin. You claimed more than once that people were attacking you.

Yes I believe I stated that twice (which, according to my math is in fact, "more than once") that other members on this thread were making it personal. One was even proud of it, which says something about his character in my opinion. Beyond the remark about that member's character (which, again, was in response to his personal attack on me), I've not made it personal at all toward anyone.

You said you "went back and rechecked many posts" in order to discover that I'd made this claim. I could have saved you a lot of trouble. You could have just asked me if I thought any members had engaged in a personal attack on me. Were you trying to catch me in a lie or inconsistency or something? Good luck. Many on these boards have tried to do that from time to time. None have been successful, because I choose my words carefully. :lol:

peter11435

Merlin said:
One was even proud of it, which says something about his character in my opinion.

If I sounded proud of my "attack" then I apologize as that was not my intention. If you knew me or my posting history you would know that I do not make a habit of attacking others. I wasn't proud of my post, I just felt it needed to be said. You have made a point lately of trying to fight everyone on nearly everything. Not to mention your trend (in numerous threads) of attacking Joe Rhode even when he had nothing to do with the thread.

Merlin

Account Suspended
ryguy said:

A number of people on these boards have flat out said they found the ride disappointing. Others have referred to it as being "okay" or "not bad", and still others have said they loved it, but in the same posts have mentioned things they wished were different about it. Considering that this is a site for hardcore Disney fans, I think it's a major red flag that we're seeing those types of reviews.

As far as the clapping, that's become pretty much a tradition on roller coasters, particularly brand new ones. Considering EE is still in "preview" mode, I suspect it won't be unusual to experience clapping and applause at the end of the ride. Every new roller coaster I've been on has had that happen. It's just part of the excitement that goes along with being among the first to experience something. Within a few short months after EE's official opening, I doubt the applauding will be as common an occurance, if at all.

Btw, welcome to the boards!

wannab@dis

Merlin said:
Yes I believe I stated that twice (which, according to my math is in fact, "more than once") that other members on this thread were making it personal. One was even proud of it, which says something about his character in my opinion. Beyond the remark about that member's character (which, again, was in response to his personal attack on me), I've not made it personal at all toward anyone.

You said you "went back and rechecked many posts" in order to discover that I'd made this claim. I could have saved you a lot of trouble. You could have just asked me if I thought any members had engaged in a personal attack on me. Were you trying to catch me in a lie or inconsistency or something? Good luck. Many on these boards have tried to do that from time to time. None have been successful, because I choose my words carefully. :lol:
:lol:

I'm sorry, but that post was hilarious. There's no conspiracy here and I wasn't looking for a "lie or inconsistency." I was just pointing out that I didn't see where anyone had attacted you. :rolleyes:

wannab@dis

Merlin said:
As far as the clapping, that's become pretty much a tradition on roller coasters, particularly brand new ones. Considering EE is still in "preview" mode, I suspect it won't be unusual to experience clapping and applause at the end of the ride. Every new roller coaster I've been on has had that happen. It's just part of the excitement that goes along with being among the first to experience something. Within a few short months after EE's official opening, I doubt the applauding will be as common an occurance, if at all.

Btw, welcome to the boards!

Sorry, but I don't agree. If someone doesn't really like the ride, they aren't going to clap just because it's new. That makes no sense. Also, I still hear the claps on many attractions that have been around for a while. (Including another much maligned attraction - M:S)

People clap when they like the experience!

SpongeScott

Merlin said:
Perhaps it would be best then to save your opinions and thoughts on this ride until you ride it yourself. You are simply feeding your "argument" off the conjecture of others. Ride it in two weeks and then bash away if you want. I find the ride to be very good. They yeti is done well and you do get a very fleeting glimpse of him--which to me is intended. Is the yeti itself, in reality, real? Some say he is, some say no. If he is real, what does he really look like? There are many different descriptions, so the glimpse you get is intentionally small. The ride is well done and enjoyable. When I rode it on AP preview weekend, I did not hear one negative comment about the ride and we went three times.

And, no one here attacked you personally.:wave:

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
If I sounded proud of my "attack" then I apologize as that was not my intention. If you knew me or my posting history you would know that I do not make a habit of attacking others. I wasn't proud of my post, I just felt it needed to be said. You have made a point lately of trying to fight everyone on nearly everything. Not to mention your trend (in numerous threads) of attacking Joe Rhode even when he had nothing to do with the thread.

Here's your post that I was referring to. Let's see if other members would agree with me that you were attacking me and that you seemed proud of it...

peter11435 said:
That is by far the stupidest comment I have ever heard on these boards. Say what you want about EE, but don't say things that make you sound like a fool.

If you feel this was a personal attack, oh well. You deserve it as in the past month you have done nothing but argue for the sake of arguing.

I accept your apology though and I will have to give you credit for being adult enough to own up to it. For the record, my debates with you on other threads have generally left me thinking of you as someone who at least makes intelligent points, even if we don't agree. For what it's worth, on this thread in particular it hasn't seemed that way. I get the impression you're just sticking to your guns just for the principle.

As far as Joe Rhode is concerned, I started another thread to comment on my opinion of his personality, not the quality of his work. Many people responded in disagreement, but they referred to the quality of his work to back up their remarks. Some described his offbeat personality as just showing that he was "passionate" about what he did. I admit this may very be what's driving it, but I still find it annoying to watch and listen to him. A comparison that I made (and which I think I may have mentioned in more than one thread) was that watching Joe Rhode talk was, to me, like watching Celine Dion perform. You can love her voice, but a lot of people think of her as embarassing to watch onstage because she kind of "over emotes". I think the same of Joe Rhode, except that the man never seems to smile.

It is true that I've brought Joe Rhode up in a few other threads. I promise I don't have it out for Joe Rhode. It's just something that I recently noticed, and so it's probably been on my mind a few times when I've responded to other posts.

Merlin

Account Suspended
SpongeScott said:
Perhaps it would be best then to save your opinions and thoughts on this ride until you ride it yourself.

No I don't have any intention of doing that. If you would prefer not to put any stock in my opinion, based on the fact that I haven't been on the ride yet, well you certainly have the right to do that. I find it interesting, though, that when people saw the video and said it looked like an "awesome ride", no one piped in and said, "Keep your opinions to yourself until you've personally experienced it." :rolleyes:

SpongeScott said:
They yeti is done well and you do get a very fleeting glimpse of him--which to me is intended. Is the yeti itself, in reality, real? Some say he is, some say no. If he is real, what does he really look like? There are many different descriptions, so the glimpse you get is intentionally small.

Ahh, yet another excuse for why the glimpse is so short. Well, at least this is kind of an original one. So I guess this means that if they'd had this really cool, incredibly animated Yeti that you see for several seconds and on several occasions, you'd be saying something along the lines of "What a terrible attraction. How could they do that, when no one is supposed to know what the Yeti looks like?" :lol:

SpongeScott said:
And, no one here attacked you personally.:wave:

Peter did. He even admitted it and apologized for it. Have you not been paying attention?:hammer:

wannab@dis

Be sure you include your post that he was calling stupid and why did you selectively edit his remarks? That's a little annoying.

Merlin said:
I absolutely, totally agree 100% that most logical people will see the reason for the short yeti encounter. Could it be?....hmmmm....let's see, maybe....$$$$$

That's what most logical people will realize, and they'll be correct. Meanwhile, the biased fans will make up anything they can to justify it and convince themselves that it's about "great storytelling". :brick:

Merlin said:
Peter did. He even admitted it and apologized for it. Have you not been paying attention?:hammer:

No, he did not... he apologized if you MISUNDERSTOOD him to be proud of the supposed attack.

Have YOU not been paying attention? :brick:

Merlin

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Be sure you include your post that he was calling stupid and why did you selectively edit his remarks? That's a little annoying.

I edit for simplicity, not to mislead. (Now, who's getting wrapped up in conspiracy theories?? :lol: ). I assume most members of these forums realize they can always go back and read a person's entire post if they want. It would be pointless to take remarks out of context when anyone can go back and check for themselves. And if you think I'm the only one who does that, then you definitely haven't spent much time on these boards.

wannab@dis said:
No, he did not... he apologized if you MISUNDERSTOOD him to be proud of the supposed attack.

If that's the case, then I've given him credit that was unwarranted. I'm satisfied that he was being mature enough to offer an apology. If I'm wrong then I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. :animwink:

peter11435

wannab@dis said:

Have YOU not been paying attention? :brick:
Thank you.

I do not think my post was a a personal attack at you Merlin. I did not call you stupid I called your post stupid, which I still think it was. And as wannab@dis pointed out I did not apologize for calling your post stupid I apologized if it sounded like I was proud about my attack on your post. Which I was not.

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
I apologized if it sounded like I was proud about my attack on your post. Which I was not.

peter11435 said:
If you feel this was a personal attack, oh well. You deserve it as in the past month you have done nothing but argue for the sake of arguing.

The above quote was from post #47 (for anyone who would like to read it in context).

peter11435

Merlin said:
The above quote was from post #47 (for anyone who would like to read it in context).
The only reason I even said "If you feel this was a personal attack...." was because in the post above mine you blamed another poster for personally attacking you in a post which he clearly did not.

SpongeScott

Merlin said:
No I don't have any intention of doing that. If you would prefer not to put any stock in my opinion, based on the fact that I haven't been on the ride yet, well you certainly have the right to do that. I find it interesting, though, that when people saw the video and said it looked like an "awesome ride", no one piped in and said, "Keep your opinions to yourself until you've personally experienced it." :rolleyes:
I've never put any stock in your opinion.

Ahh, yet another excuse for why the glimpse is so short. Well, at least this is kind of an original one. So I guess this means that if they'd had this really cool, incredibly animated Yeti that you see for several seconds and on several occasions, you'd be saying something along the lines of "What a terrible attraction. How could they do that, when no one is supposed to know what the Yeti looks like?" :lol:
thanks for the originality kudos, but try not to put words in my mouth.

See the above posts. Don't think so highly of yourself.

wannab@dis

peter11435 said:
The only reason I even said "If you feel this was a personal attack...." was because in the post above mine you blamed another poster for personally attacking you in a post which he clearly did not.
Yep, that's how I saw it also.

Merlin, I don't personally know Peter, but I have watched him post for a long time. I've never seen him "attack" anyone on the boards. I have, though, seen a lot of people complain that they have been attacked, when in fact, it was only their posts that were called into question. There's a HUGE difference!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom