who rode EE lets talk

Merlin

Account Suspended
SpongeScott said:
I've never put any stock in your opinion.

No big shock there. My opinion differs from yours, therefore you put no stock in mine.

I'm still curious as to an answer to my question though (and this is open to anyone). Why is it that when people were saying glowing things about Everest, based solely on photos, videos and ride reviews (the same things I'm using for MY opinion), no one said, "Keep your opinions to yourself until you've personally experienced it." It's only when the opinion is critical of Everest that people say that. This seems not only closed-minded, but also a double standard. Wouldn't it just be easier (and more honest) to simply say, "Keep your opinions to yourself unless your opinion is that it is 'amazing', 'awesome', etc."?

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
The only reason I even said "If you feel this was a personal attack...." was because in the post above mine you blamed another poster for personally attacking you in a post which he clearly did not.

That doesn't seem to make much sense. You were making a statement about your own post (i.e. "If you feel this was a personal attack..."), but I was supposed to read into it that you were actually referring to someone else's post?? Huh??? :brick:

peter11435

Merlin said:
That doesn't seem to make much sense. You were making a statement about your own post (i.e. "If you feel this was a personal attack..."), but I was supposed to read into it that you were actually referring to someone else's post?? Huh??? :brick:
No. I was not referring to the other persons post. I was referring to my own post, but only said it because you accused another poster (in the post above mine) of personaly attacking you when he had not.

peter11435

Merlin said:
I'm still curious as to an answer to my question though (and this is open to anyone). Why is it that when people were saying glowing things about Everest, based solely on photos, videos and ride reviews (the same things I'm using for MY opinion), no one said, "Keep your opinions to yourself until you've personally experienced it." It's only when the opinion is critical of Everest that people say that. This seems not only closed-minded, but also a double standard. Wouldn't it just be easier (and more honest) to simply say, "Keep your opinions to yourself unless your opinion is that it is 'amazing', 'awesome', etc."?

If you see a movie trailer there is nothing wrong with saying that movie looks great. However you can't say that movie is terrible based on the trailer, you could say it looks terrible, but that’s not what you did. You didn’t state that the encounter with Yeti looked terrible. You stated that the encounter with the Yeti was unsatisfying. That is something that without riding you can't really say with any sense of authority.

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
If you see a movie trailer there is nothing wrong with saying that movie looks great. However you can't say that movie is terrible based on the trailer, you could say it looks terrible, but that’s not what you did. You didn’t state that the encounter with Yeti looked terrible. You stated that the encounter with the Yeti was unsatisfying. That is something that without riding you can't really say with any sense of authority.

I speculated, based on what I've seen and read, that guests will find it unsatisfying to only see a glimpse of the Yeti. I never stated that I personally found it to be unsatisfying. Who knows, maybe I'll ride it in a couple of weeks and end up being blown away. My expectations are somewhat low based on what I've read. But often when I go in with low expectations I end up being pleasantly surprised. That's what happened with my first experience with M:S as a matter of fact.

SpongeScott

Merlin said:
No big shock there. My opinion differs from yours, therefore you put no stock in mine.

Can't answer that because I wouldn't look at any EE threads until I went on the ride. I wanted it to be new, surprising, and fresh the first time I rode the attraction, with no pre-conceived ideas or opinions to prejudice my experience.

jaredliu

I am a hard core disney fan (especially Animal Kingdom) and will go to WDW every year if I have time. I've been on EE. My feeling is that When Disney advertised Yeti as the fastest and biggest AA ever, I was having a high hope. However it turned out that I didn't see the fuss about how great this AA could do. Overall I felt that it was Disney that built up too much hype about Yeti, not Disney fans themeselves made it. That's why I felt it's a let down. But it is still an excellent coaster with tons of themeing. I am just wondering that...........Does Yeti's appearance really matter? Based on my personal experience I think people enjoyed the coaster mostly instead of the projection+the short encounter. But that just me. My first reaction when seeing Yeti was "wow,that is a huge AA". And that's pretty much it. Among all the elements of this great attraction such as the beautiful mountain, higly themed queue line, how thrilling the coaster is, darkness/unpredictable effect, reversed direction, sound effect, etc......I found the Yeti is the least important.

wannab@dis

jaredliu said:
I am a hard core disney fan (especially Animal Kingdom) and will go to WDW every year if I have time. I've been on EE. My feeling is that When Disney advertised Yeti as the fastest and biggest AA ever, I was having a high hope. However it turned out that I didn't see the fuss about how great this AA could do. Overall I felt that it was Disney that built up too much hype about Yeti, not Disney fans themeselves made it. That's why I felt it's a let down. But it is still an excellent coaster with tons of themeing. I am just wondering that...........Does Yeti's appearance really matter? Based on my personal experience I think people enjoyed the coaster mostly instead of the projection+the short encounter. But that just me. My first reaction when seeing Yeti was "wow,that is a huge AA". And that's pretty much it. Among all the elements of this great attraction such as the beautiful mountain, higly themed queue line, how thrilling the coaster is, darkness/unpredictable effect, reversed direction, sound effect, etc......I found the Yeti is the least important.
In my opinion, you have it backwards about the Yeti hype... Granted, I may have missed some releases, but I don't think Disney "over hyped" the Yeti AA. In fact, I think it was the fan sites that built up the AA as the biggest and best.

I see the Disney marketing as hyping the "massive theming" and an "encounter" with the Yeti. An encounter means more "fleeting" to me so the way EE is set up, their goal of "encountering" the Yeti was well done.

It sounds like you feel the theming and execution of the attraction was well done and could stand alone without the Yeti. Correct? If so and the majority of guests agree with you, then it nullifies this argument that the Yeti should have been a dominating factor for Everest theming.

Thanks for adding your view! :wave:

ryguy

I would definitely ride this ride again, I was just saying that my expectations were for a high speed thrill ride. Its definitely not that, its more in the line of Big Thunder Mountain. E:E is more of a family ride rather than say rockin roller coaster. Which is a good thing because more people will be able to ride this attraction. However, all those people in Times square are expecting to be blown away and that just isn't reality. Overall its a good ride which will bring more people to Disney World, and thats always a good thing!!

peter11435

wannab@dis said:
In my opinion, you have it backwards about the Yeti hype... Granted, I may have missed some releases, but I don't think Disney "over hyped" the Yeti AA. In fact, I think it was the fan sites that built up the AA as the biggest and best.

I see the Disney marketing as hyping the "massive theming" and an "encounter" with the Yeti. An encounter means more "fleeting" to me so the way EE is set up, their goal of "encountering" the Yeti was well done.

It sounds like you feel the theming and execution of the attraction was well done and could stand alone without the Yeti. Correct? If so and the majority of guests agree with you, then it nullifies this argument that the Yeti should have been a dominating factor for Everest theming.

I agree. Disney marketing has talked about the Yeti encounter but I don't see where they have ever hyped up its movements or the length of time you see him. Joe has said a bit more about him but usually it was simply that he was huge (which he is) and he moves really fast (which he does).

jaredliu

wannab@dis said:
You are welcome. Yes EE stands alone well without Yeti but it could've been way better with the yeti climax being as good as Indiana Jones Adventure's final show scene. I was wondering every body's reaction: Am I the only one who felt the Yeti encounter is too short? Becasue it is REALLY short. Other than that, I think Disney says it is "fast", but Yeti is not moving fast because it stays in the same place. I think you can only call it moving "fluid". How can it be "fast" if it just stands there waving its right arm? I still think it is a bit overhyped.

peter11435

jaredliu said:
You are welcome. Yes EE stands alone well without Yeti but it could've been way better with the yeti climax being as good as Indiana Jones Adventure's final show scene. I was wondering every body's reaction: Am I the only one who felt the Yeti encounter is too short? Becasue it is REALLY short. Other than that, I think Disney says it is "fast", but Yeti is not moving fast because it stays in the same place. I think you can only call it moving "fluid". How can it be "fast" if it just stands there waving its right arm? I still think it is a bit overhyped.
Well, they didn't exactly say the Yeti was fast. What was said was that you have never seen something this big move so fast. And you have to admit the Yeti's arm does swing down very fast.

Merlin

Account Suspended
SpongeScott said:
Can't answer that because I wouldn't look at any EE threads until I went on the ride. I wanted it to be new, surprising, and fresh the first time I rode the attraction, with no pre-conceived ideas or opinions to prejudice my experience.

I'm not sure you understood my question, because your answer is not consistent with what I was asking. I'll rephrase: Now that you've been on EE, whenever you read posts from members who have NOT ridden yet, when those members say positive things like, "It looks awesome!", do you respond by instructing them to keep their opinions to themselves until they've personally experienced it? Or is that response strictly limited to those members who feel it does NOT look that impressive?

SpongeScott

Merlin said:
I'm not sure you understood my question, because your answer is not consistent with what I was asking. I'll rephrase: Now that you've been on EE, whenever you read posts from members who have NOT ridden yet, when those members say positive things like, "It looks awesome!", do you respond by instructing them to keep their opinions to themselves until they've personally experienced it? Or is that response strictly limited to those members who feel it does NOT look that impressive?
Gotcha....

To be honest, you're the only one I've read about that has complained or praised it. I just happened to have wandered in here and read this thread. :)

peter11435

Merlin said:
You did not say it looked anything. You said the Yeti encounter was to short. You said guests would be dissapointed by the Yeti. Things that without actually getting to ride the attraction you have no authority to say. Others always said the ride looked awsome, the ride looks great, or that they couldm't wait to ride. As others have pointed out the Yeti encounter is much better and longer in person than it is on any of the videos.

In other news last night I went on EE two more times. And again I heard nothing but positive reviews.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've resigned myself to stop quibbling with Merlin. I'll look forward to that day, sometime in the future, when, having ridden EE, the opinion has basis in experience.

wannab@dis

MontyMon said:
I've resigned myself to stop quibbling with Merlin. I'll look forward to that day, sometime in the future, when, having ridden EE, the opinion has basis in experience.
Even if he actually liked it, I doubt there's anyway he'd admit it after all the crap he's been tossing around. I just can't imagine heading to the Mouse's House with such a closed mind. If you go looking to be disappointed, you'll probably find yourself rewarded. I think it's sad.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
wannab@dis said:
Even if he actually liked it, I doubt there's anyway he'd admit it after all the crap he's been tossing around. I just can't imagine heading to the Mouse's House with such a closed mind. If you go looking to be disappointed, you'll probably find yourself rewarded. I think it's sad.

Not expecting any crow-eating? :lol: Yeah, I suppose not...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom