Who remembers 1985??

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
MKCP 1985 said:
Funny reference - Bryan Adams' "Summer of '69" was very popular in 1985 (although it was released in 1984). Ooooohhh!

Here's another 1985 reference particular to the Central Florida music:

WDIZ 100 - Orlando's Rock (Early on, there was a guitar case with a WDIZ bumper sticker in the Rock n Roller Coaster gift shop. I don't think it is there anymore.)

WYNF 95 Rock - Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater. A popular 1980s hair band had a video where one of the guys was wearing a YNF 95 Rock t-shirt, with the logo upside down.

I loved 95 WYNF and 98 ROCK. Now, when I'm back in the Tampa area, I'm always suprised by what format the stations have now.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Thanks. One of my go to comedies, along with Blazing Saddles and Monty Python's the Life of Brian.

kcnole

I feel a little better now..... One last thing... My favorite ride was space mountain. I hear it has really went down hill. I have been lookin forward to riding it again. Hopefully, RRC at MGM will be as good as I remember SM....

The actual ride itself hasn't really gone downhill. I think it was always as bouncy as before, however much of the queu feels very dated by todays standards and there is no post show family of the future anymore as presented by RCA. That was the most disapointing thing to me. I loved that postshow and now all that is left are the tv's which show your picture and some of them look ducktaped up.

Chris_TX

My first trip to WDW was in June of 1985, I was 12. Of course I was amazed by it all, particularly EPCOT Center. We stayed on the resort property, which to us was a HUGE big deal. And we were there for "3 whole days!" We stayed at the Club Lake Villas, which were octagonal shaped little apartments next to Walt Disney World Village. My parents and I couldn't get enough of EPCOT, I remember my Mom really loved the Kitchen Kabaret, but it was Captain EO that I sat through over and over and over. And yes, Horizons was the coolest of all the pavilions. I don't remember Living Seas being open yet, and there was no Norway pavilion. And there were only rumors of a movie studios-style park coming in the next few years.

JEDIsney

ASJHLJ said:
Thanks. One of my go to comedies, along with Blazing Saddles and Monty Python's the Life of Brian.

Mel Brooks is pure genius. He's my role model for directing. I can't wait to be just like him.

ncshp2b

I was just getting ready to say that I'm surprised that no one had mentioned Capt. Eo. My parents wouldn't let me see it but, I still remember it being there. What a wonderful place. I went the 1st time when I was 4 with my grandparents in 1977. The 10 year anniversary was cool also. Just took my wife and 3 year old last year for the first time. Talk about coming around full circle. Pretty neat! Going again this year the week of the 4th of July.

Absolutely can't wait.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Oh yeah, I definitel miss the skyway and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Captain EO wasn`t around in 1985 - it opened at EPCOT Center September 12th 1986. That`s why it`s not mentioned (though Chris TX did, but must be mistaken)

Da da da da da da da DA, You`re Just another part of me.....

MKCP 1985

marni1971 said:
Captain EO wasn`t around in 1985 - it opened at EPCOT Center September 12th 1986. That`s why it`s not mentioned (though Chris TX did, but must be mistaken)

Da da da da da da da DA, You`re Just another part of me.....

1985: "Magic Journeys?"

cat2403

In 1985 I was 6 and still I remember and loved all of the things mentioned on this thread; however I need some help. Can someone please refresh my memory on what Horizons was and where it was located in Epcot. I am drawing a complete blank on all of it except the logo. Thanks :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom