who in the world waits 4+ hours for a ride?

Chef Mickey

Since I got the Disney app, it's fun looking at wait times. Especially today. Right now it's a 250 minute wait for soarin. It's a great ride and everything, but who in the world waits over four hours for a five minute ride?

I just don't get it.
Was just doing the same thing! I was at WDW 2 weeks ago and walked on to Soarin in the morning and there was only about a 30 minute wait at its peak time in the afternoon. People who go at this time are either insane or they literally have no other time to go. I can honestly say this is one of the few times I am GLAD I am not at WDW.

During our trip the in early December, we literally did not wait in one line more than 5 minutes. It's just not even fun to go when the lines for rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion are 90 minutes.

Strangely, people seem to wait in line when fast pass is available. I still don't understand why people do this. Waiting in line when there are no fast passes or when it's your only day at the park and you'll never get to come back, I guess I can understand it.

James122

There's no way on earth I would wait 4+ hours for ANY ride. Not Space Mountain. Not Tower of Terror. And certainly not Soarin'.

However, I can understand how first time visitors and those who visit infrequently might feel compelled to wait that long for some of the signature attractions.

...but on the flip side, I would hope that anyone who makes plans to visit WDW during the last week of the year would know going in that the parks are jammed packed and that it probably will not be possible to do all the signature attractions in any sort of timely manner.

Last edited:

lunchbox1175

In September, I took my DD14 for the first time with me, she had previously been practically every year with my parents before that, so we felt ok with taking trips without the kiddos. On the trip, she commented as to how we would just practically walk onto rides and not have to wait more than 15 minutes for anything. I told her "that's because your grandparents always take you during Thanksgiving break, where as we only come when its not packed" This thread is the exact reason why I will never go during New Years or Christmas....unless its free of course.

musketeer

Original Poster
I've usually only been able to go either in the summer, or in the few days before and right up to christmas. I would say those were all manageable if fast passes were used right. Although I'm a bit worried about the new system and only being able to use 3 per day. But I've never seen anything like a 4 hour or more wait. I just can't imagine looking at a wait time and saying, "yeah, it's 3pm now, and I'll be standing here til 7...no problem." You can nearly fly across the whole country in that amount of time.

We will be going in a few weeks, Jan 22, and I'm terribly excited about going in a down time. It'll be the last time in a long time that I can do that because my kids will be starting kindergarten next year. So I'll enjoy it knowing that it'll be the last time of a less crowded trip.

JohnD

In September, I took my DD14 for the first time with me, she had previously been practically every year with my parents before that, so we felt ok with taking trips without the kiddos. On the trip, she commented as to how we would just practically walk onto rides and not have to wait more than 15 minutes for anything. I told her "that's because your grandparents always take you during Thanksgiving break, where as we only come when its not packed" This thread is the exact reason why I will never go during New Years or Christmas....unless its free of course.

I think it's worth the value to pay $55-$70 (depending on when/AP, etc.) for the ticketed parties just to have walk-ons of rides. Yes, you have to plan around all the other activities but the wait times for rides are minimal, especially if you go on earlier dates.

JohnD

The only way I would wait a few hours for Soarin is if I'm guaranteed to sit next to Patrick Warburton and be his guest for dinner afterwards. What? Not gonna happen? Then I'm not waiting. (leaves queue)

For my trip in April, I'm making FP+ reservations on February 4, when my FP+ 60 day window opens up, thank you.

Blackburn23

Like a few have said, my cutoff is usually 30-45 minutes for most rides. Soarin is one of my least favorite rides and I think it's an unfair judgement as we waited 3.5 hours on the last day of our trip to ride it when it was new. Waiting that long sets up expectations that cannot be reached. So here is my short list:

All rides not listed are up to 30-45 minutes max

60 minutes
-Mission Space
-Expedition Everest
-Kilamanjaro Safari
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Jungle Cruise
-Space Mountain
-Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

90 minutes
-Thunder Mountain
-Tower of Terror
-Rockin Roller Coaster

120+
-Splash Mountain
-Test Track
-Toy Story Midway Mania

Graham9

And now...according to the program, Test Track is a 300 minute wait. FIVE HOURS. Again, insane.

And I bet there's only a twenty minute wait in the Single Riders line.

Out of interest, if I had a TT or Soarin' FastPass and offered it to someone in the line for some money, how much could you sell it for? (To the nearest $1,000)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom