who in the world waits 4+ hours for a ride?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Only 3 per day though. I too have only been able to go in the summer or right around christmas, and with planning, early mornings, and fast passes, I had little complaint. But now with this only 3 per day rule...I think it's going to be much more difficult to make a really busy day do-able.

I don't know that we usually used more than 3 per day on most days. And having them set-up in advance will keep me from having to run cross park to get them. Most days we could hit 3 major attractions before the lines get above 20 minutes, then 3 to 5 minor attractions before those lines start building. With the new FP+ we can spread out our other 3 attractions through the afternoon or add them to the later morning. We are usually out of the park by 2pm having completed 10+ attractions. I don't think that will change and my feet and legs will be thankful for the change.

rnese

I have never been to WDW during the holidays and can only imagine, based on these comments, how crazy it must be. Does anyone have any pics or video that does a good job of showing the "chaos"?

BuddyThomas

I have never been to WDW during the holidays and can only imagine, based on these comments, how crazy it must be. Does anyone have any pics or video that does a good job of showing the "chaos"?
There are a bunch of pictures on the news/rumors board (and they have convinced me never to even think about going at this time of year).

bethymouse

So... wasting time in line for 4-5 hours to ride one ride makes sense? I just don't get that! How are the CMs managing those kind of lines? How about Ellen's Energy Adventure wait times? LOL or Figment? I'll bet everyone can't wait to see Captain EO! How about the 3 Cabelleros boat ride in Mexico? Can you even get into those buildings/pavilions? Living with the Land wait times? They probably are using fast pass for that one.:grumpy: I can't imagine what the Tales w/ Belle or Little Mermaid and Dumbo wait times are. The Dumbo building really isn't that big! Man- meet n greets! I bet those are nightmares! Poor kids!:arghh:
I remember way back when waiting about an hour for SSE. That was crazy- or so I thought!:facepalm:
I'm used to summer crowds, and even spring break/Easter crowds, but Christmas/New Years! Yikes!:in pain: You'd have to give me tranquilizers to surviv that mess!:hungover:
Oh well... still... I'd rather be there than at work any day!:joyfull:

luv

A LOT of people!

I wouldn't wait an hour for Soarin, much less five, but there are a lot of people who come to Orlando at Christmas without having any idea how crowded it will be. There are other (we see them here sometimes) who are warned, but that is their dream, so they're fulfilling it!

If they don't wait in line for rides, then all that's left is to hang out in the park...so they might as well hang out in lines and ride some of the things they've dreamed of riding!

We had a good time on Christmas Day and didn't ride a single thing. :)

It's crowded, but if you adjust your attitude to "I'm going to have fun in a park packed full of bodies!", you might just do that! :)

BuddyThomas

However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have already ridden all of the rides, and multiple times, which might be why you were able to go there one Christmas, not ride a thing, and still have a good time. Those who have not ridden the rides before might have a different experience.

luv

However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have already ridden all of the rides, and multiple times, which might be why you were able to go there one Christmas, not ride a thing, and still have a good time. Those who have not ridden the rides before might have a different experience.
I haven't done everything. Never seen AIE or the Stunt Show or rode the spinner in the AK. :)

I do routinely advise people to think hard about visiting over Christmas because of the crowds. It's less than ideal for a tourist. But if they just had to come for Christmas and are here - and a LOT of people are! - they might as well make the best of it!!

Waiting five hours to ride Test Track is better than waiting six hours and riding nothing. IMO. :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Its not Epcot but my brother is at WDW and he sent a few pics from MK last night from MS USA. Main Street was elbow to elbow with people from the hub back to the front entrance. He wasnt trying to capture the crowds but you can see how many people are jammed in. He said leaving after the fireworks was kinda scary with all the people pushing their way through.

IMG_0423.jpg

I thought this one was funny because everybody is filming without bothering anybody except for the yahoo with the Ipad sticking up in the air. lol

IMG_4326.jpg

heres another that shows how long Space Mtn line was. Again, he wasnt trying to get pics of the line. You can just see it in the background so I thought I would post it.

IMG_1239.jpg

musketeer

Original Poster
Isn't it unsafe at some point? I know they close the park at times, but this many people still seems really dangerous. I almost think that their capacity numbers are too high.

James122

I could drive there have a frozen Mickey Head and drive home in that time. But we are going down tomorrow for a quick trip. Yes we are crazy!

Hell, you could fly from Orlando International to Wayne Airport in Orange County CA and then catch a cab to Disneyland in that amount of time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom