who in the world waits 4+ hours for a ride?

WDWoptmist

I would never wait that long but if you were only coming to Disney World one time or for the first time since childhood or something I guess I understand...i guess

Big C 73

Even if it was my first time at Walt Disney World this would produce one bad first impression. Who would want to vacation at a place where you can't move or see over the hoards of people and have to wait 4+ hours for one single attraction?

75disney

Been to Disney at Christmas several times. Never again. I still have nightmares of being jam packed on the Liberty Square bridge, unable to see (I am very short) or breathe while people are shoving their wheelchairs and strollers into my legs.

CMV

I waited a bit over four for my first time on Test Track during its sketchy soft open phase after getting shut out on the previous trip. Was it worth it? During the time, yeah. Would I do it again, for anything? Highly unlikely.

Hot Lava

There's no way on earth I would wait 4+ hours for ANY ride. Not Space Mountain. Not Tower of Terror. And certainly not Soarin'.

However, I can understand how first time visitors and those who visit infrequently might feel compelled to wait that long for some of the signature attractions.

...but on the flip side, I would hope that anyone who makes plans to visit WDW during the last week of the year would know going in that the parks are jammed packed and that it probably will not be possible to do all the signature attractions in any sort of timely manner.

I agree. The line for Living with the land was 2 hours posted at one point I looked. I just do not understand how you could do that with kids. Little kids, but even older kids. even if they have their iPod of whatever with them, just standing for 4 hours, shuffling forward here and there - it would get old and tiring.

I think if I were to be down there during this Christmas to NY time, I would not try to ride anything from Christmas Eve through NYD, except maybe first thing in the EMH. I would spend that time sampling the food and drinks (where I could get them), taking everything in, and giving sympathetic and you-are-crazy looks to all the people in those lines.

FitzherbertFreak

I feel bad for the people who rarely go, or only go to WDW once in their life. They probably didn't get to experience it all. Usually one-timers stay long enough to go back, but hey, you never know. Basically, that was just ridiculous. I can do other things at WDW besides stand in a four hour line.

popcenturylover

I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes at WDW for a ride/experience on most days but on our Sept. 12' trip my DD wanted to see Tinkerbell really bad so we waited 45 min. Anyway, I have waited about 2 & 1/2 hours for coasters at Cedar Point. Some people wait 1/2 a day for a coaster when it first opens!!!:eek:

ddbowdoin

I feel bad for the people who rarely go, or only go to WDW once in their life. They probably didn't get to experience it all. Usually one-timers stay long enough to go back, but hey, you never know. Basically, that was just ridiculous. I can do other things at WDW besides stand in a four hour line.

We booked a trip this past June just a week before flying out... it was a combination of having an expiring AP in July, a crazy deal on airfare, and just some free time at work that led to the spur of the moment trip.

Honestly, we enjoyed ourselves because we just love WDW but June sucks... not as bad as our previous July trip with the hordes of Brazilians, but bad enough. 50 min waits for Pirates, nothing really under 60... it takes away from the experience for those who travel their frequently. If I only went once every 10 years then yes, I am waiting an hour for the HM and then I'll be done with it. They almost just ride each attraction once, say they did it, then it's off to the next. There were times where we spent half a day in one section of the park alone... us fans have a much different mentality to approaching a day at the park but I can't stand waiting in long summer lines.

FitzherbertFreak

We booked a trip this past June just a week before flying out... it was a combination of having an expiring AP in July, a crazy deal on airfare, and just some free time at work that led to the spur of the moment trip.

Honestly, we enjoyed ourselves because we just love WDW but June sucks... not as bad as our previous July trip with the hordes of Brazilians, but bad enough. 50 min waits for Pirates, nothing really under 60... it takes away from the experience for those who travel their frequently. If I only went once every 10 years then yes, I am waiting an hour for the HM and then I'll be done with it. They almost just ride each attraction once, say they did it, then it's off to the next. There were times where we spent half a day in one section of the park alone... us fans have a much different mentality to approaching a day at the park but I can't stand waiting in long summer lines.
When I go in the summer, it's just for a day trip; Thankfully I live 2 1/2 hours away. Season at Disney is just brutal, hence me feeling bad. :|

ddbowdoin

When I go in the summer, it's just for a day trip; Thankfully I live 2 1/2 hours away. Season at Disney is just brutal, hence me feeling bad. :|

So jealous... 2.5 hours away I'd be there ALL the time haha.

We spent 32 days in Disney this past year, I'll take it. We spread that over 3 trips and I don't see us returning for a while. We have a DLR trip in less than a month but after that Disney may take a break.

FitzherbertFreak

So jealous... 2.5 hours away I'd be there ALL the time haha.

We spent 32 days in Disney this past year, I'll take it. We spread that over 3 trips and I don't see us returning for a while. We have a DLR trip in less than a month but after that Disney may take a break.
Hope you have fun. Honestly living so close is a blessing. Just took a week long trip, was home for two days, and then went up again for the Disney Quest New Year's Eve Party. Being so close, and being a collector is especially helpful. Every event, every pin, every ear hat, just 2 /12 hours away from my fingertips. :p

ddbowdoin

Hope you have fun. Honestly living so close is a blessing. Just took a week long trip, was home for two days, and then went up again for the Disney Quest New Year's Eve Party. Being so close, and being a collector is especially helpful. Every event, every pin, every ear hat, just 2 /12 hours away from my fingertips. :p

I'd be there for photography... I have to find a balance when I visit. Here at home I shoot a lot, and I'm a 100% film shooter (ok, maybe 99% on that odd chance I get lazy). When you shoot film you look at things differently and you slow down. Instead of having a 32GB card with hundreds and hundreds of photos I have 10, 12, 24, or 36 frames depending on my format of the day. That changes the way you see things. Add in all the time at the studio, mixing chemistry in the darkroom etc etc it's MY thing. It's what makes me tick.

On the other hand Disney is OUR thing, and so when we travel I tend to leave some cameras at home and try to keep it at a minimal. If I lived close, I would be there for one thing and only one thing... lugging around a 4x5 or 8x10 camera would be my dream.

AT this point, only a dream =(

FitzherbertFreak

I'd be there for photography... I have to find a balance when I visit. Here at home I shoot a lot, and I'm a 100% film shooter (ok, maybe 99% on that odd chance I get lazy). When you shoot film you look at things differently and you slow down. Instead of having a 32GB card with hundreds and hundreds of photos I have 10, 12, 24, or 36 frames depending on my format of the day. That changes the way you see things. Add in all the time at the studio, mixing chemistry in the darkroom etc etc it's MY thing. It's what makes me tick.

On the other hand Disney is OUR thing, and so when we travel I tend to leave some cameras at home and try to keep it at a minimal. If I lived close, I would be there for one thing and only one thing... lugging around a 4x5 or 8x10 camera would be my dream.

AT this point, only a dream =(
I getcha'. Although I myself am not a photographer, my sister and father are. When we go together as a family, it is insane (partially because they take photos for me). I just recently got a GoPro, and I am literally living with it. Every ride and every trip has so far been recorded.

Alexis

Definitely not me.

Probably people who never get to visit Disney World & really don't have much of an option once they enter the park but to wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom