Who has seen Cirque du Soleil-La Nouba?

Irie

We saw it in 7/99 and it was very entertaining. We all came out of the show impressed. The cost is kind of steep though. I don't know that I will pay the money to see it again, but I do think it is worth seeing once.

disneychamp

We went with my mom and her fiancee, who are both older adults and we all loved it. I would definitely recommend it. I had never been to a Cirque show before and thought it a bit weird at first, but it totally hooked me in. Definitely worth the money, especially when you consider the talent and skill on display.

pooh2u

Cirque was amazing! Well worth the money. I went with my husband on our Honeymoon and he loved it too! We bought my mom, dad, aunt and uncle tickets to see it since it was a birthday, retirement thing! They all loved it! We (mom dad husband and I ) are all going to see it again this September! Can't wait. October we are all going to Vegas and going to see O....can't wait! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

jsfra209

cirque

I saw it in May, and it really was unbelievable! I have seen other Cirque shows, (Allegria, O, Ferraki..) and this was was one of the best shows I've seen! You will love it..trust me!!

roninbrian

I've seen it twice (free). I really enjoyed the show, but think it is over priced. I do recommend that you go at least once.

You can also occasionally catch it on the Bravo channel.

lebeau

roninbrian said:
I've seen it twice (free). I really enjoyed the show, but think it is over priced. I do recommend that you go at least once.

You can also occasionally catch it on the Bravo channel.

They do show it pretty often on Bravo - but you don't get a 10th of the effect on TV.

Trishnh

two thumbs up!!

well, if this is any indication, I am going to see it for the 4th time on Sat! :sohappy: I LOVE this show--it is absolutely amazing!! Yes, some parts are a little 'artsy fartsy', but the acrobats are incredible and well worth the money. If you have ever seen any of the shows on TV you get a little taste of what they are like, but it is even more amazing in person. I took my 9 y/o daugher last year and she loved it and I am taking my 9 y/o son this year and he is very excited. If you have an AP, you can get 25% off.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Trishnh said:
well, if this is any indication, I am going to see it for the 4th time on Sat! :sohappy: I LOVE this show--it is absolutely amazing!! Yes, some parts are a little 'artsy fartsy', but the acrobats are incredible and well worth the money. If you have ever seen any of the shows on TV you get a little taste of what they are like, but it is even more amazing in person. I took my 9 y/o daugher last year and she loved it and I am taking my 9 y/o son this year and he is very excited. If you have an AP, you can get 25% off.

Hi, wanted to point out to thoes interested in the 25% off for AP's. The offer expires end of September.:wave:
Passholder Discount - Save 25% on Cirque du Soleil® show La Nouba™!
passCirque2.jpg

Experience a truly dazzling evening of spectacular entertainment, Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba™ at 25% off* the regular price of Category 2 admission - only for Passholders and their Guests**.

This offer is good for performances from May 1 through September 30, 2005‡.

Tickets may be purchased up to 30 days in advance. C

andyajc

Its ok

I liked it....a bit. I think its one of those shows that either grabs you, or you sit there and dont quite get it. My girlfreind loved it,and its worth watching,just a bit expensive.And the BMX thing was the best bit for me!

shari71

I saw it for the first time in June as a birthday gift from my father. I was incredible. Don't know the price since it was a gift, but I bet it was expensive. I have two young daughters I would love to take when they are a little older. Probably save up before hand. Poor husband will have to wait with them.

I would say, do it at least once.

brich

Add me to the "Loved It!" list. I found it very entertaining and enjoyable as did my wife and my 6 year old. Was it worth the money? That's a tough call. Depends on what money is worth to you. If spending that kind of money is a difficult decision then maybe it won't be worth the money. I found it to be expensive yet comparable to many stage shows/concerts so for me Cirque was totally worth it. If you can swing the cost, I would say go... :sohappy:

gbruenin

It is a truly incredible show. We took our kids (8 and 10 at the time) and they watched for 2 hours with their jaws open. As did the wife and I. Worth every penny, which when compared to the shows in Vegas is a real bargain. Someone mentioned 'no bad seats', but if you get too far around the theater toward stage left or right you do miss much of the effect. If you decide to go, post here again when you return...it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Gary

imagineersrock

brich said:
Add me to the "Loved It!" list. I found it very entertaining and enjoyable as did my wife and my 6 year old. Was it worth the money? That's a tough call. Depends on what money is worth to you. If spending that kind of money is a difficult decision then maybe it won't be worth the money. I found it to be expensive yet comparable to many stage shows/concerts so for me Cirque was totally worth it. If you can swing the cost, I would say go... :sohappy:
I completely agree... pricey? Yes, ---But it is a fantastic show. The whole family loves it and we've seen it a few times now... we love taking "first timers" and watching them sit there in awe.

Great, now I'm in the mood to go see it again! :lol:

Bullredchaser

Ive only been to Mystere and O in Vegas and the decent seats where 115.00 each.But when I walked out of the theatre I felt it was worth every penny and then some.My wife was totaly impressed and enjoyed dressing up and doing the town afterwards. And just so you know that is a lot of money to me.I haven't done La Nouba yet but if it's anything like the other ones I cant wait to see it.Does anyone know if the Orlando show requires men to wear jackets like in Vegas?

lawyergirl77

Nope, Orlando show doesn't require men to wear jackets!

And as for the show - I normally don't love Cirque du Soleil shows (*hears the sirens of the Montreal cops in the distance, coming to kick her out of the city* :lookaroun) but I loved loved loved La Nouba! We also managed to swing second row tickets (yay Silver Plan), so it was that much more impressive to see everything up close. That being said, I can't see how third tier tickets (i.e. the least expensive ones) could really be that bad, simply because the theater is pretty small. All seats look like good seats, and the effects looked like they would also be mighty impressive from far away...

Neptune

That show was awesome! I loved the guys on the bikes the most. They freaked out the little kids near the stage when it looked like they were about to fall off. :lol:

slappy magoo

Eh, the book was better. :lookaroun

My GF & I were thrilled by it, but if you're concerned about shelling out the scheckles, there are Cirque videos to buy or rent (including La Nouba). They will at least give you a taste of what to expect, but it will still pale in comparision to seeing it live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom