Who else does not buy souvenirs?

RiversideBunny

Is there some souvenir that you would have bought had it been available?

For example, some guests say they cannot find any Haunted Mansion souvenirs, or T-shirts with particular characters, etc.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

loveyloo2

haven't gone yet...

but I'm not planning on spending a whole lot on souvenirs. Probably some mouse ears for the kids since it's their first visit and maybe a t-shirt or something, but I really don't want to come home with a bunch of stuff that will just gather dust or end up on the floor...I guess we'll see if these are "famous last words" or not in a couple of months...Today is exactly 2 months until we arrive at WDW...

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

TTFN-Tiggger

I am guility. In the past I will allow my self $100 a day for spening money - $200 for Epcot. Yes most goes for souviners and gifts for others for upcoming birthdays. I get suckered in to the specials they have. Spend X amount and for $10 you can buy this blanket or watch or framed lithograph. At least my last trip there was not as bad. We will see how the next trip goes in 14 days! My downfall is Mexico, China and the World of Disney store. :eek:

Gagesmom314

Gage is in charge of his own spending this trip. We have been giving him Disney Dollars instead of an allowance and for holidays so he will have $100 to spend on things he wants. I am figuring we will probably spend another $500 to $1000 on merchandise.

iheartdisney91

:eek: i could never! thats my favorite place to shop! haha i usually save up 400 dollars just to spend on merchandise. and thats alot for me seeing i dont have a job.:ROFLOL:

k.hunter30

I don't usually buy anything more than a sweatshirt (b/c I've gotten cold in a park) and some pins. This will be DH first trip though - so I think we'll probably buy a bit more stuff to remember this trip!

DWGIRL

We generally don't buy stuff either. We don't have much time to shop and now my kids even realize how rediculously overpriced their merchandise is.

maryszhi

I am a shopaholic!!!! Seriously. When I go to disney I buy a ton of stuff. Then I wait a while and the stuff I never used (Or arent collectors stuff or special) I give away to different charities. One time I like gave a princess tira (which I had two of) To a special needs girl. She was soooo excited. Thats the stuff that disney is capable of doing. Making everybody feel special!!!
~When you wish upon a star~
~ A dream is what your heart makes~

tink81

My weakness is in the shops at the World Showcase... I've bought two rings at Japan, earrings and a fan at China, tea at Great Britan and I almost bought a necklace at Morrocco ($295). BF and I are usually very selective in what we buy and we usually wait until near the end of our trip to purchase (gotta case out the entire property). BF mostly buys golf stuff (club covers, ball markers, hats). This year will be interesting as we are going the second week in December:dazzle:

smayco

Like the OP, my husband and I don't buy much for ourselves either, maybe a T-shirt or a sweatshirt, as I can't stand clutter either. Last trip, we bought 2 really nice frames for our Disney pix; one of them lights up. We had told our boys (then ages 8 and 5) that they could spend $10/day. That was a mistake; much of the trip was focused on what they were going to buy. For this trip (we leave in FOUR DAYS!:sohappy: ), we're giving them $50 each to spend, and they can keep whatever's left. Hopefully, this will encourage them to buy only what they really want. (They're now 11 and 8yo.)

~Sue

we usually end up buying some sweatshirts if it gets too chilly out, but we stopped buying gifts for other people a couple trips back. when you go all the time, everyone doesn't want your disney stuff from every trip.
after my first couple of trips, i stopped buying too much stuff. now, most of the stuff we buy is either stuff for the kids, or stuff for the house. i think the difference now isn't quanity, it's quality. i like to find some nice, obscure objects to put around the house. i'd rather spend the same amount of money on a few quality objects instead of hundreds of tchotchkes that eventually are going to get thrown out.

i've also realized over the years, that most of the stuff down in wdw can be purchased at the disney store, just without the wdw logo, for a lesser price.

that's not to say that being this year is my son's first, i won't go a little crazy:hammer:!

Cindyrella

I am pretty fortunate - we go to WDW about 4 times a year. That being said, one of the reasons I am able to do it is because I don't buy (too many)souviners. I have two children (5,3.) They aren't really into toys but they LOVE to dress up in costumes. All my daughter's princess costumes have been bought at the Disney Store on sale (some for $10.) My son has pirate costumes that we did get in WDW (usually with money from Grandmom.) My DH and I will buy a tshirt once in awhile. However, like somone said, I can usually get that stuff on sale from Disneyshopping or the Disney Store.
The kids are good they don't ask for too much. We always tell them it's a treat just being there ( I sound like my parents!!!)

slowbee

I collect the shot glasses.

I have at least one shot glass for every attraction that sells them and now I'm starting on the countries. I also buy the shot glass from the resort that I'm staying in.

I do the same... I have about 150 shot glasses in my bar.. and a whole section just for my disney glasses.

beachclubbasics

I buy moe Disney stuff on eBay than I do in the parks. Last year I really wanted a Beach club hoodie, but they were almost $50. When I got home soone had them for sale on ebay for a lot less. I got two for the price of one.

Boray

I rarely buy souveniers. The only thing I have to buy is a glass Mickey ears ornament. Each one is different and I love seeing them on my Christmas tree!

NeNe1298

You would think that as often as we visit the world we wouldn't buy merchandise, but we love Disney. Sometimes we go just for a day trip, but often we stay at a resort for two or three nights. We always go to DTD for a meal (Earl of Sandwich, my fav! :slurp: Shhhh, don't tell anyone.) and can't pass up the WOD store. I know, too much info for what you were asking. ;)

Now that I am into scrapbooking our trips, have to love those supplies!

My daughter said to me yesterday, "Duck, book, Mommy, Pleeaassee!!" This translates to "Mommy, I want Donald Duck to sign my autograph book, please!" She doesn't have his signature yet and has recently gotten up the nerve to go near some of the characters. Chip n Dale were her first signatures and high fives.

We'll be staying at POR for three nights the end of the month. See ya there! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom