Who agrees?

sabian

Original Poster
Enough with the Disney/Pixar movie tie-ins at the theme parks, right? Tomorrowland is almost Pixar land.....just my two cents...had to vent...:brick:

Champion

While there has been an influx of Pixar rides lately, heres the problem with making this argument:

Pixar is Disney

So basically you're saying "Don't make any more rides/attractions based on your popular properties."

The regular animated Disney stuff wasn't the right kind of movies to base attractions on. A show like Tarzan Rocks can work, but its hard to base an attraction/ride around something like Hercules and make it work and be popular. Oh, and even though this board hates Stitch, remember that he wasn't Pixar.

sabian

Original Poster
As always, the folks in the forums keep you on your toes....good point....:wave:
BUT, you know what i mean.

wbt06

how about no more princesses they are taking over. we as disney nerds have to except that the times are a changing and realize that pixar is disney. most kids dont even realize they are or where diffrent companies. 1st rule of anything. if something is popular keep using it till people are tired of it then bring it back in 10 years lol. but yea pixar is now the big movie maker for disney so get used to it.

Rockin Roller

i miss it when rides werent always based on a movie such as like big thunder mountain. everest is a great example we need more rides like that were its new "magic" and has no movie tie ins. so overall i have to in a way agree with u on that

Chernobog

While I agree that there's too much Pixar lately, I would like to see a good Incredibles attraction since I'm a fan of the film.

Personally, I think computer technology (not to mention ride technology in general) would make for a great Tron attraction. Too bad the film wasn't good enough to drum up interest in it. (Although it does have a certain cult following.) Just my two cents.

Champion

i miss it when rides werent always based on a movie such as like big thunder mountain. everest is a great example we need more rides like that were its new "magic" and has no movie tie ins. so overall i have to in a way agree with u on that

There has ALWAYS been a mix between the two, ever since day one.

how about no more princesses they are taking over. we as disney nerds have to except that the times are a changing and realize that pixar is disney. most kids dont even realize they are or where diffrent companies. 1st rule of anything. if something is popular keep using it till people are tired of it then bring it back in 10 years lol. but yea pixar is now the big movie maker for disney so get used to it.

Interesting point about Princesses. What you these days should realize is that when I was little, exposure to Princesses was the VERY occasional re-release and Sunday night Disney. These days we have DVD and internet...kids are inundated. And there is always a crop of three year olds ready to buy into the Magic. And that makes me happy. :sohappy:

Champion

Interesting point about Princesses. What you these days should realize is that when I was little, exposure to Princesses was the VERY occasional re-release and Sunday night Disney. These days we have DVD and internet...kids are inundated. And there is always a crop of three year olds ready to buy into the Magic. And that makes me happy. :sohappy:

I believe he was being sarcastic.

C&D

The parks are dynamic. It makes sense to go with what is popular, while keeping some of the old classics. Evolution, as it were.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There`s certainly a good argument for the OP. The parks arn`t being filled with Touchstone or Mirimax films are they?

I thni a lot of this feeling stems from 2 things; the change of direction again for Tomorrowland to an animated-film based land (though I hope I`m right in that Space Mountain will never have such an overlay) and the direction Futureworld has taken with pop culture icons being central to a lot of the pavilions. Not that cartoon characters have taken over Test Track or M:S, but it`s easy to point a finger when addressing the dumbing down issue.

MickeyTigg

In the timespan that the Pixar movies cover that everyone is concerned about...name some successful movies by Disney and notable characters to base an attraction on?

:shrug:

Exactly....they're using Pixar movies for new attractions because they have nothing else.

KZevchik

Just wait until Everest gets themed to Mulan though!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Enough with the Disney/Pixar movie tie-ins at the theme parks, right? Tomorrowland is almost Pixar land.....just my two cents...had to vent...:brick:
2 Pixar attractions do not a Pixarland make :) [/yoda]

Shaman

In the timespan that the Pixar movies cover that everyone is concerned about...name some successful movies by Disney and notable characters to base an attraction on?

:shrug:

Exactly....they're using Pixar movies for new attractions because they have nothing else.

Exactly, and thus, I do not agree with the OP. I would however, love to see an original attraction not based off ANY movie go in Tomorrowland. But I'm okay with something like Laugh Floor....for now....just my opinion though.

:lol:

EMThompsen

I don't mind Pixar tie-ins. As long as the attraction is fun & exciting then it's fine with me.
However, as far as EE going with a Mulan theme... there's just something so wrong about Mushu swooping down to try & grab you instead of the Yeti.
LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom