Who agrees?

figment1985

Enough with the Disney/Pixar movie tie-ins at the theme parks, right? Tomorrowland is almost Pixar land.....just my two cents...had to vent...:brick:

I agree completely! Thank you!

I do like some, but soon there just might be a "pixar land" or at least people will be calling it that way! I can see it now, "Mommy, can we go to Pixar Land in florida!"

eek.:eek:

I know that's an exaggeration, but I will be around for awhile, so I wonder what disney will be like in 40 some years.

wbt06

yea i jusyt think it is funny how people are saying pixar is taking over. there are 2 in ak 2 in mk 1 in epcot and about to be 1 in mgm i think that is a good mix. for some reason it seems like people think stitch is pixar he is not. and i think nemo was a better overlay of the living sea's than little mermaid would have been. they use nemo to get the kids interested in saving the ocians nothing wrong with that the place used to be boaring.

Jerm

While I agree that there's too much Pixar lately, I would like to see a good Incredibles attraction since I'm a fan of the film.

I think the window for Incredibles has passed. It is not the most stand out of all the Pixar/Disney films and it was rated PG. While it was a fun film I think its time has passed. I think so far the only real stand out Pixar films have been the Toy Story films. Even Nemo is only standing out as of late because they are forcing it in our face.

J

CaptainMichael

Tomorrowland is almost Pixar land.....

Explain your reasoning please. Last time I checked, there is only 1 Pixar inspired attraction in Tomorrowland...unless I'm missing something:shrug:

Edit: Forgot about Buzz...Pixar obviously doesn't bother me. I don't hold prejudices against an attraction because of Pixar.

cooleo

Enough with the Disney/Pixar movie tie-ins at the theme parks, right? Tomorrowland is almost Pixar land.....just my two cents...had to vent...:brick:

Just wait till we get a rethemed Tomorrowland Speedway. "Cars" is sure to take that over soon enough. Although I actually think that will be a good thing. Not that I don't like the attraction as is. It's already hard enough to get on it now. It will only get worse.:lookaroun

jmvd20

I really don't care about the Pixar-tie ins, I'm more concerned with why Monsters Inc. was put in tomorowland in the first place, not that it is Pixar.

Champion

I really don't care about the Pixar-tie ins, I'm more concerned with why Monsters Inc. was put in tomorowland in the first place, not that it is Pixar.

Got a better location for it? There really isn't one. And thats before thinking about the attraction that it replaced was rarely operating anyway.

Champion

Tomorrowland could very easily be renamed Sci-Fi land, and would be more accurately identified.

I wouldn't doubt that discussions about renaming Tomorrowland don't take place constantly. Its always going to be hard to keep it about "Tomorrow" without lots of money invested.

bgraham34

The thing is Disney has to go with what will make them money. If they dont put Pixar tie ins into the park then they miss out on guests. There are some guests that come to the park because their kids love Toy Story. If Disney did not put in Toy Story then those guest might not ever have come to the parks. They have to please a broad range of people not just the ones on this board.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The thing is Disney has to go with what will make them money. If they dont put Pixar tie ins into the park then they miss out on guests. There are some guests that come to the park because their kids love Toy Story. If Disney did not put in Toy Story then those guest might not ever have come to the parks. They have to please a broad range of people not just the ones on this board.

I totally agree that Disney needs to capitalize on their Pixar property. However, they either need to create Pixar movies that will tie into existing theme park lands, or put Pixar in the Studios where it would be better suited. Its not just Pixar, they put Stitch in Tomorrowland which doesnt fit.

sknydave

The majority of the popular Disney movies that have come out in the last 10 years have been Pixar films.. It's only natural that the attractions follow this trend.

Chernobog

I think the window for Incredibles has passed. It is not the most stand out of all the Pixar/Disney films and it was rated PG. While it was a fun film I think its time has passed. I think so far the only real stand out Pixar films have been the Toy Story films. Even Nemo is only standing out as of late because they are forcing it in our face.

J

Yeah, I certainly agree. I'm just a fan of that particular film, so that was just me wishing. Maybe they'll do a sequel someday...although that seems equally unlikely at this point.

Joepic

I agree with you somewhat. I don't like it when Disney does too much with one particular topic, or movie. Especially Finding Nemo.

One attraction is enough. Disney should have left The Living Seas alone in my opinion. I like the idea, but it takes away from what The Living Seas really is, where we're not focused on the live animals too much, but on projections of cartoons.

I do like Finding Nemo the Musical, because it's different and unique. I just hope that this is it for Finding Nemo. Not so much Pixar. Pixar is owned by Disney anyway.

Tim G

Well I agree... sorta... :lookaroun..
I have always been against this whole development... nobody notices... but it's ver dangerous this whole thing... not for the guests.... Fot the company it is... I know, I know... noone agrees...

Tim G

I agree with you somewhat. I don't like it when Disney does too much with one particular topic, or movie. Especially Finding Nemo.

One attraction is enough. Disney should have left The Living Seas alone in my opinion. I like the idea, but it takes away from what The Living Seas really is, where we're not focused on the live animals too much, but on projections of cartoons.

I do like Finding Nemo the Musical, because it's different and unique. I just hope that this is it for Finding Nemo. Not so much Pixar. Pixar is owned by Disney anyway.
Well in management, most of the time, it looks like it's the other way around...

darthjohnny

Well, it's not really Pixarland. The only things Pixar are Monster's Inc. and Buzz Lightyear. There are still other original Disney attractions, like Stitch's Great Escape, Space Mountain, TTA (Peoplemover) Astro Orbitor, Carousel of Progress, and Tomorrowland Indy Speedway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom