Who’s going to Galaxy’s Edge and when?

When are you going to SW:GE?

• Total voters

durangojim

Original Poster
I don’t think I’ve seen a poll asking who here on the boards is going, so here it is!

We’re at WDW next week but just couldn’t resist being there for the first weekend! Just hoping we have virtual queues and reservations for Oga’s and Savi’s!

Last edited:

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Going Next year in Oct as it takes me a few years to save up for each trip. (well unless I get a lottery win then off this Oct lol)

DisneyGigi

Going to be there when it opens but unless they do an AP preview or -do the virtual queue thing- or Thanos does the *snap* this chickadee will be at Epcot opening day hoping that means opening day of F & W will be less crowded. I will gladly wait until next trip. 😬 (2020)

kurtk

I have the Labor Day weekend booked at AoA but having a hard time justifying renewing my annual passes after the price hike:confused: May have to cancel the reservation.

TP2000

I had to vote "Never Bah Humbug!" but now that I see I'm the only one who voted that way, let me explain.

I am likely going to be visiting family in Titusville and Palm Bay this Christmas, and a day or two at Disney World is almost always part of those visits. But I will purposely avoid DHS then. Because...

I went to Disneyland a few days ago and the park was dead. I waltzed into a fairly empty Star Wars Land like I owned the joint and ended up riding Millennium Falcon three times with a 5 to 15 minute wait each time, and spent a couple hours wandering around the land looking at all the shops and restaurants and eye candy. Star Wars Land is aesthetically impressive, but it's a land that feels flat and lifeless and lacking soul because there's not much going on there except a good simulator ride and some expensive shops/dining. There's no interaction with anything, no music, no characters, no bands, no stage shows, no droids zipping around going beep-boop-beep, I didn't even see Chewbacca. I only saw two bored looking Stormtroopers. It's not a land I really want to hang out in.

I don't need to return to Star Wars Land at Disneyland until the Resistance ride opens, and I'm positive that TDO will have learned from TDA's multiple mistakes and do whatever they need to do with marketing and ticketing and messaging and operating to make sure the DHS version of Star Wars Land is PACKED TO THE RAFTERS from Day One. So I can easily skip it on my next WDW visit and focus on Epcot instead.

The "Bah Humbug" thing is too strong of a sentiment though. :D

Last edited:

awoogala

Skipping Disneyworld for a year- we had passes, went 2 times with the teens, and twice by myself July 18-July 19 (in 2 weeks). We're taking a year off in general from Disney. SWGE isn't really worth the crowds for us, and we're kind of burned out. I'd rather hit Universal this year for the new Hagrid coaster, which is more appealing than more SW, honestly.

Sped2424

If my friend is able to get me in for cast previews that will be my first trip! If not I'm gonna try and hit up the park on a weekday at 8 am during october 😅

Surfin' Tuna

I was not going to go and fight the crowds for a land with only one simulator. I had put my foot down and was going to stand by my convictions. Now I have plans for DL in the fall and will most likely go to a preview at DHS. I'm still scared of DHS after opening, but I'm sure I'll be back. Me and my steadfast convictions and all.

starri42

I booked a trip for the second week of December about six months ago. My husband's opinion on Disney is diametrically opposed to mine, and Galaxy's Edge managed to entice him, a little. So we decided to roll the dice and hope for the best. We kinda won, but I'm still crossing my fingers that Rise of the Resistance is open by then.

I'm hoping against hope that he surprises himself by liking it, but I also think he's made up his mind already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom