Who’s going to Galaxy’s Edge and when?

When are you going to SW:GE?

• Total voters

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I agree with, I think they are ensuring that GE will packed so as not repeat the DL/GE opening
Bingo.

I guess a perfectly controlled, enjoyable, almost leisurely experience will not be in the cards for us East Coasters. Gotta show up Hagrid’s Motorbike.

Not complaining per se, but I book the day after Labour Day every year for a reason. It will be neat to be among the first to experience SW:GE, but I think we’ll be in and out as quickly as possible on each of our three DHS days. The other parks’ crowds should be as per September usual though.

wserratore1963

Kenny the Pirate is reporting that the 29th-31St of August GE will be open to all guests from 6-9am with No Extra, EMH. Has anyone else seen that?

trainplane3

If they do DVC previews then I'll make a quick 3 day trip down for it. If not, then I'll wait for my late September trip if it isn't hectic. If it is, then I'll get to it within 3 years.

mergatroid

We booked a two week trip from September 11th earlier this year thinking GE would open much later. It was both a surprise and bonus when they announced the opening date. The one downside is we've had to book an overnight stay one night in Disney to get us early entry but we've plumped for a value resort on September 18th so it's not broke the bank.

Bartledvd

We had a trip booked since april 2018 and sadly they announced an early opening. If they add a similar system to DL then we will try out the ride and if not we will probably just go sea world and avoid the crazy queues.

Goofyque'

We were going to wait to go til November or December to make sure it was open. Then magically, Free dining happened, booked our trip for end of September. Shortly after, they announced the early opening of GE. Score! Plus extra extra magic hours. We are happy campers!

WDW Guru

Going for my 21st in mid September. Little did I know Disney was going to give me the gift of insufferable crowds at Hollywood Studios.

scottieRoss

Why does everyone assume that the lines will be huge. Disneyland has proven that the more people talk about the crowds that are going to be there, the more manageable the crowds actually are.

Launchpad McQuack

Why does everyone assume that the lines will be huge. Disneyland has proven that the more people talk about the crowds that are going to be there, the more manageable the crowds actually are.

I would LOVE for this to be the case, but I just feel like that's how it always works out in Orlando. For example, "no one cares about Avatar" is something that is constantly said, but right now Flight of Passage is at 165 minutes. Slinky Dog Dash is at 95 minutes. I just feel like they handled the opening for Disneyland extremely well, but based just on how awful people act trying to rope drop Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios, I can't see the Walt Disney World opening weeks/months going nearly as smoothly.

Again, I would LOVE to be wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom