Whit! Drinking Already.

sgtmgd

I had a Yak Attack before lunch after walking around AK for hours with no water. As soon as I finished it I felt so woozy. I went to buy a water and the CM was so wonderful and looked out for me. I drank 4 bottles of water. I learned a lesson. I drank plenty of water in line waiting for La Cava to open. What time of time of day I start drinking just depends on my mood and schedule.

Folks have to slow down...I know it's hard families are in such a hurry to do everything but if you dont drinl enough "good fluids" and eat food..not junk...it will catch up to you..more so in March-September...

DisneyDebNJ

I had a Yak Attack before lunch after walking around AK for hours with no water. As soon as I finished it I felt so woozy. I went to buy a water and the CM was so wonderful and looked out for me. I drank 4 bottles of water. I learned a lesson. I drank plenty of water in line waiting for La Cava to open. What time of time of day I start drinking just depends on my mood and schedule.
That is the WORSE feeling too!!! For my son's HS graduation and 18th bday (fell on the same day) we did a trip to Disney in 2007, end of June. (I know, what was I thinking!?!?!?) I had two bellinis at the now defunked L'Originale Alfredo di Roma because it was HOT.... Needless to say when I stood up, that was that.... (and seriously, how much alcohol is in a bellini?!!??!) I sat my right back down... our waiter brought me ice water and a coke. First and last time I made that mistake!

DisneyDebNJ

Folks have to slow down...I know it's hard families are in such a hurry to do everything but if you dont drinl enough "good fluids" and eat food..not junk...it will catch up to you..more so in March-September...
You are so right Sgt., As much as I love my funnel cakes, margaritas and lapu lapu's, it is imperative to get lots of good stuff in your system prior to ANY alcohol consumption. Our minds are on vacation, but our bodies still want veggies, proteins and lots of vitamins!!! I just cant help a few fried foods though, funnel cakes, fish n chips, pork nachos... BUT I always do a veggie and drink ALOT of water

sgtmgd

You are so right Sgt., As much as I love my funnel cakes, margaritas and lapu lapu's, it is imperative to get lots of good stuff in your system prior to ANY alcohol consumption. Our minds are on vacation, but our bodies still want veggies, proteins and lots of vitamins!!! I just cant help a few fried foods though, funnel cakes, fish n chips, pork nachos... BUT I always do a veggie and drink ALOT of water

This is why we do the Deluxe Dining plan on week long trips...I prefer 1 good sitdown meal aday (Yachtsman...mmmmm) to eat well and recharge...these usually are in the form of a signature or Character breakfast..so at least 1 meal is decent..

DisneyDebNJ

This is why we do the Deluxe Dining plan on week long trips...I prefer 1 good sitdown meal aday (Yachtsman...mmmmm) to eat well and recharge...these usually are in the form of a signature or Character breakfast..so at least 1 meal is decent..
We did the Deluxe Dining Plan once, and it was a total waste of money for us. If I eat beef twice during a 7-10 day Disney vacation, that's alot, so doing a steakhouse more than once a week is out for me. Plus, I watch, very carefully what I eat all year. If I indulge too much on junk foods while on vacation, I'm down for the count for a couple days. My tummy says "what the heck is this now?!?!?!?!" and politely lets me know "we will have NONE of that" LOL

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Good Morning Adults.( no children allowed ) I'am curious ( as ever ) to what time in the day do you enjoy your first alcoholic beverage.? . I'am not one for drinking in the afternoon at WDW. Even on a beach vacation,I maybe have one beer at lunch,but that's it..If I'am doing the parks I prefer a energy drink to quench my thirst.So for my first drink ( alcoholic ) of the day,it's usually in the evening.If I'am at a TS meal,my DW and I would polish off a bottle of wine,or if its late on in the evening,say at Epcot,I would enjoy a few tipples whilst strolling around the countries..But I reckon most of all,I enjoy a cool beer at the end of the day,wither it be at my resort bar or in my room..Over to you..No fibbing now...;)

Rarely do I drink during the day, but if I do, sometime after noon. :) At Epcot - its more like 11 a.m. :) The norm time is mid afternoon - 3 or 4.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Doctor Hatter here.Just read all your responses.OMG. Can't you do without drink until late on in the evening..Last night I attended a concert in Glasgow.Rush. It kicked off at 7.35 PM,and I was gasping for a cool beer..How much in the auditorium :eek: Whit. £5.00 for a beer. ( Thats $7.50 to you ) For a wee sip of golden nectar,no way Jose..So when the show finished at 10.45 PM. I strolled back to my hotel (5mins) and got myself a perfect pint,followed by another,then another,and so on,until 2.00am.Who said Ive got a drink problem.? ..." I belong to Glasgow,dear old Glasgow toon." Hiccup! o_O

DisneyDebNJ

Doctor Hatter here.Just read all your responses.OMG. Can't you do without drink until late on in the evening..Last night I attended a concert in Glasgow.Rush. It kicked off at 7.35 PM,and I was gasping for a cool beer..How much in the auditorium :eek: Whit. £5.00 for a beer. ( Thats $7.50 to you ) For a wee sip of golden nectar,no way Jose..So when the show finished at 10.45 PM. I strolled back to my hotel (5mins) and got myself a perfect pint,followed by another,then another,and so on,until 2.00am.Who said Ive got a drink problem.? ..." I belong to Glasgow,dear old Glasgow toon." Hiccup! o_O
I meant to ask you how the concert was?!??? And....... let's not forget Hatter, half of me hails from Glasgow!! LOLOL

Hot Lava

I rarely drink while in the bubble..and If I do its in extream moderation..need to be hydrated properly..(not Alcohol) and properly fed to push through day after park day and limited sleep in between
You have to - at the very least - alternate one drink with one bottle of water. I say at least 20oz of water. And water! Not pop or coffee or tea or other stuff. Actual water. I know some people need to flavor to drink. I am not one of these people; I just need the water itself not to taste bad. But flavor with caution!

I also intend to have a corn dogs and candied pecans for snacks in between meals. You do need food in your stomach also.

In honor of Buffett it is 5 O'clock somewhere :D. While in Disney I begin when the occasion presents its self morning or night. Like others have said I am on vacation. I have a feeling that during my next visit I will have a few more then normal due to all of these amazing drinks I need to try :)

Pooh Lover

Buzz Kill! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom