Which water park?

fmingo36

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, so please move if necessary--

I have not been to either water park and I'm wondering which park is better for families with small children. I have a toddler(not quite 2) and a 4 1/2 year.

Any help would be appreciated!

WDW_Emily

Typhoon is better in all ways in my opinion. The wave pools are very nice and the theme is very well done. Also, BB has more water slides therefore its more of an older kid water park. Both are family oriented but it think TL is better.

goodtimes5286

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, so please move if necessary--

I have not been to either water park and I'm wondering which park is better for families with small children. I have a toddler(not quite 2) and a 4 1/2 year.

Any help would be appreciated!
River Country

b/c it has the smallest lines

SeaBreeze

I pretty much echo the thoughts of the other posters. I prefer Typhoon but little kids might like the theming of BB better. It's probably going to come down to you looking at pictures and figuring which one you prefer :) Both parks have areas specifically for small children so in that respect, they're pretty much equal.

fmingo36

Original Poster
Do characters ever make apperances at the water parks?
My daughter loves the "Beach Fun" sing-a-long DVD and loves that Tigger is a Life Guard.

Buckeye

Check out my avatar. That is my daughter at Typhoon Lagoon. We go to one water park every trip. I first took them to Typhoon Lagoon when she was 1 and my son 4 (they are 8 and 11 now). Typhoon Lagoon is their one "must do" every time we visit WDW. They won't even consider going to Blizzard Beach. I ask them every time, show them pics of BB, etc. and they say we HAVE to go to TL. It is an awesome park and your kids will love it.

devjohnson

I like Typhoon Lagoon. If your too lazy to stand in line, there is always the wave pool. If your willing to stay in line, and LOVE waterslides, then Blizzard Beach is better.

magicmaya

Typhoon Lagoon.The wave pool is the best.My fear of sharks were over after I swam with them.I thought I was gonna die, but it was a great experience.

hammysammy59

I've only ever been to Blizzard Beach, but I LOVED it. The theming was tons of fun, and it had a good mix of relaxing and thrilling rides.

jonesenon4

:sohappy:both parks are great as everyone has said.but my family also prefers typhoon lagoon for several reasons.it is a more relaxed pace shark lagoon is great, and the slides and wave pool are wonderful as well.but the deciding factor for us has been tl has more shade than bb. you might want to consider this with small children. have a great time whatever choice you make. 13 days and counting till we are back in the world.:sohappy:
:wave:kungaloosh everyone:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I will echo the comments by jonesenon4 that primarily because of the shade, I think TL is better for small children. With that said, both parks have a good offering for folks of all ages. TL just has more locations for Mom and Dad to relax under a few palms while the kids are playing in the sand or in a kiddie area.

007mickey

We finally visited both our last trip, my boys were 6 & 10 at the time. Needless to say, the water parks are now a priority for our next trip.

With your situation of younger ones, I'll vote for Typhoon as well. It's definitely more "laid back" as others have said and beautifully themed. But please find a way for mom and dad to ride Crush n Gusher, it can't be beat.

If your children were a few years older I'd say Blizzard (and not because of the slides). Not only does BB have the Tikes Peak area for toddlers but they have a "in between ages" area called Ski Patrol Training Camp, my 6 year old loved it.

Both are awesome and you can't go wrong visiting either. Check out the maps of both and pick one...you'll have a blast.

NWDMD

We visited both water parks for the first time last august based on the recommendations of people here. We both enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon, loved the 'water coasters' and the lazy river. We ended up going back to TL on another day of our trip because we enjoyed it so much. I was disappointed that I had resisted going to the water parks for so many years.

NWDMD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom