Which watch to get?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
^^^ A member of my family offered to buy me a higher end watch to replace my Seiko Kinetic (RIP) with. That being said, I'm going to stray from the usual Rolex suggestion, and I've decided to go with something different.

What suggestions can be made? I'm leaning towards either a Breitling or a Patek Philippe. Anyone else?

summerluvin

^^^ A member of my family offered to buy me a higher end watch to replace my Seiko Kinetic (RIP) with. That being said, I'm going to stray from the usual Rolex suggestion, and I've decided to go with something different.

What suggestions can be made? I'm leaning towards either a Breitling or a Patek Philippe. Anyone else?

Both of those are great choices. I'd go for the Breitling if your younger and the Patek Phillippe if your older or just love a classly looking watch.
Just a girl's thoughts.

Pongo

mck4413msea.jpg

No, but seriously:

www.citizenwatch.com

Eco-Drive is the way to go.

Kerby626

My taste is a little different. I have two Citizens, both are great. Right now I'm personal to my Oakley "Holeshot". I wear it when NOT at work as my normal Marine Corps duties require something less flashy.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I should also mention what watches I currently have.

I have the non-working remains of my Seiko Kinetic, stainless steel Skagen with a round black face, stainless steel Nixon with a square black face, Translucent White & Black Swatch Fun Scuba, and a random assortment of diesel watches to wear to the club. Watches, ties, and cufflinks are my obsessions.

BRER STITCH

Hey Rob!

I have always liked the Raymond Weil styles and have had great luck with those for years - actually, since my first one that was given to me as a HS Graduation gift!

My most recent two watch purchases have been Tourneaus. Ever tried them? They are not Rolexes by any means, but I can have more if I stick with those instead! :D

I actually discovered their retail locations while traveling for work, and they are easily acessible in the cities I need to travel too, so I occasionally make it a point to go in and treat myself - depending on how good I've been! :animwink:

I highly recommend both of those brands, as I've found the quality and selection of styles fit my taste well.

HAPPY SHOPPING!

KeithVH

What is our price range? If you're really serious, I would suggest nothing less than Doxa. Preferrably the 600 or 750. Very choice. Up to $3k or so.

If that is over the top, I'd fall back on Seiko. Like a Sportura Chronograph. They have a very nice titanium one for ~$500.

For playing around? A Casio Sea Pathfinder with logging and dive profile functions.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Price is irrelevant with this one. A wealthy relative is buying the watch for me :) I'm replacing a Seiko Kinetic that.. is.. err... dead.

I like most Patek Philippes and Breitlings. However, the Omega dive watch is tempting me.

RHeath2

The Formula 1 timing watches of the Tag Heuer variety are on my dream list. Then again I'm a huge auto-racing nut so I'm kind of biased.

Timmay

Oh, good...watch talk. I love watches.

Sorry to hear about your Seiko Kinetic...I have a Sports 50 and it is my favorite watch...even over the Rolex.

Now...if you like Breitlings, that is the way to go. Don't bother with anything else. I have the Professional Emergency, and it is the coolest watch ever. Love the look and style (I have the yellow dial). Now, do I need an emergency transponder? No, probably not, but it is pretty darn cool to show it off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom