Which Table Sevice restaurants should be avoided?

LarryStoken

Original Poster
Which ones are no good :hurl: or have a bad reputation?

I don't want to make any bad selections with my reservations.

Thanks

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Garden Grill & Whispering Canyon

GG food was dry and the best part was the ranch...

WC again food was really dry with no flavor at all.

THIS IS JUST MY opinion to the question asked. Not rules to live by but just my experience and the 3 other people in my group!

DisDadWoz

Just remember opinions are like noses so you may enjoy something that others do not. However, since you asked we had an absolute horrible experience at the Sci Fi Drive in for dinner.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
DisDadWoz...If they stepped up their food game a little bit...that place would be ABSOLUTELY must do. It's great for atmosphere but as far as food its nothing to brag about.

lighteningqueen

Maggiegrace1, you may disagree but more and more people are complaining. When the meat is raw and they do not bring extra sides then yes it is bad to me. If you like raw meat pork and chicken and tasteless then by all means you will disagree. Sorry you don't agree with me but the poster was asking and that was my opinion

djpoore94

So far the only place we have been that we will not go back to for sure is Rose & Crown. I would go to San Angel again, but only if all my other choices were not available.

Smee

As stated, it's all opinions, but we tried the following and were less than impressed:

Wolfgang Puck Dining Room
House of Blues ( I've had much better barbeque)
Ankershus
Coral Reef (been a while, may try again)

Cindy's Table food was average, but if quality time with the princess characters is important then go.

Garden Cafe is family style, average stuff.

Fulton's is good but very expensive. For the money you can do better. (I.E. Yachtmen's Steakhouse)

I actually like Whispering Canyon, always had a good experience there. Artist Point was OK, I expected better.

The Plaza - go to a counter service, just as good.

Ransom

Eh, we've had different experiences than those of other people at various places, so our philosophy is to try any restaurant once...except for the ones that are available at home (like McD's and Rainforest Cafe). Then decide what to do in the future based on our own experiences.

maggiegrace1

Maggiegrace1, you may disagree but more and more people are complaining. When the meat is raw and they do not bring extra sides then yes it is bad to me. If you like raw meat pork and chicken and tasteless then by all means you will disagree. Sorry you don't agree with me but the poster was asking and that was my opinion
I understand your opinion..and I was stating that I disagreed with that..my opinion!..:)

Never had raw meat and have always had excellent service with them constantly replenishing the food...:shrug:

So, no.. I do not like raw and tasteless food and that is why I enjoy eating there..I had cooked, great tasting food.

Everyone is going to have differences of opinions on restaurants..thats why I gave him the link to reviews.

People here rave about Le Cellier..I think it is just kind of meh..:shrug: and would probably not return.

I was just giving my opinion like you were..that's all..:wave:

wdwwdeagle

Thanks
Hi.
these are my experiences (ymmv):

Would go again: Victoria and alberts, california grill, hollywood and vine, cinderella royal bkfst, chef mickeys bkfst, ohana, boma, rose and crown, flying fish cafe, le cellier.

Probably won't go again: plaza restaurant, yak and yeti, yachtsman steakhouse (I know everyone loves this, but we just didn't have a good experience... may have to try it again one day).

Just mho.

Nikki M

Good vs Bad

Thanks

Ones we can't miss -

Ohana - we did have one bad experience out of several, but when it is on, it is so ridiculously good
Le Cellier - got to try the maple bbq grilled chic sand
Boma - (after you eat find the CM by the savannah with the night vision binoculars)
The Plaza - great break after walking around all day. Really good fries.
50's Prime - yummy and fun, waiters make you set the table, etc.
Kona (lunch)

Ones we can leave behind-

San Angel Inn - great atmosphere, terrible food (the atmosphere is so good we gave it "another try" five times
Coral Reef - same as above, great atmosphere, food is not good. Really small portions, expensive.
Tony's

Have a great time on your trip! Really, you are at WDW... even a bad experience isn't too bad...

docnabox

Larry:

Boy, are you asking for it! I suspect you might wind up even more confused after reading all of the responses than you were before you posted!

My worst meals at WDW have been at the San Angel Inn and Tony's Town Square Cafe. San Angel has the potential to be so much more than it is. I would say the atmosphere there is almost unmatched but the food just plain stinks from my experience. I have been with several people who have had that on their to do lists and each time I am underwhelmed and they typically see why I never wanted to go. Tony's was just plain nasty.:hurl: I have seen people compare it to Olive Garden but that is really an insult to chain food.

On the other hand, I am with the poster that says 'Ohana is a good place. I personally like my meat well done so maybe that is it (the less I am reminded that it was once alive the better) but I know my companions like their food less dried out and they have been able to get food from another part of the rack. Refills have been plentiful for us and I am generally rolled out of the restaurant on a hand truck.

Similarly, Whispering Canyon is a must for us. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, it gets TWO YUMS UP!!:ROFLOL:

So, like someone above said, opinions are like a certain body part (although not the one they compared it to :lol:) and you should look at what you think you might like first and use opinions on here second.

P.S. Sci-Fi is a must for a cool atmospheric experience but food is just meh.

maggiegrace1

House of Blues is one we avoid. The one in New Orleans is great, the one at WDW was horrible when we went.
See..we always had great experiences at the one in DTD and bad at the ones here in New Orleans..:lol:

It all really depends on your tastes, the day, the chef, the servers...

If you want to try something then try it..your opinion may be different then everyone elses..:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom