Which pavilion would you add to Epcot World Showcase?

prfctlyximprct

I have so many ideas for World Showcase! I don't know why they don't ever add! They should put a gondola (sp?) ride in Italy.. the original plan for a Mt Fuji rollercoaster in Japan now that their Kodak sponsorship has ended..

I'd love an India pavilion or Greece or even Israel. The food options are endless.. Even Egypt could be cool with the Sphinx or something!

Man, I gotta work for Disney!

alissafalco

I have so many ideas for World Showcase! I don't know why they don't ever add! They should put a gondola (sp?) ride in Italy.. the original plan for a Mt Fuji rollercoaster in Japan now that their Kodak sponsorship has ended..

I'd love an India pavilion or Greece or even Israel. The food options are endless.. Even Egypt could be cool with the Sphinx or something!

Man, I gotta work for Disney!

Or the London Eye in England, and an Eiffel Tower ride in France like they have in Vegas.

aladdin2007

Ireland (would be a huge draw),,,,Russia, Spain, Switzerland...Those are the ones on top of my dream list. I wouldnt mind seeing the Czech Republic.

How about an HGTV House Hunters International pavilion lol.

litaljohn

does off kilter fan nation count so people don't ask why are we hearing Celtic songs at Canada?

truthfully at this stage it's hard to add any single country without hurting another or that snubbed feeling. if I were to try to add anything at this point I think I'd make it an "international" exhibit that that allowed many cultures to take part. or that would ratate so there would always be a new culture to pick up on whenever you visited.

all that said though if it had to be one new perminent country I would vote Moscow. and, despite knowing nothing of the upcoming film other than Kristen bell being a voice I figure Disney can focus on the colder aspects of Russia and somehow incorporate a dark ride with the cast of Disney's "frozen" which apparently is supposed to come out November

aladdin2007

does off kilter fan nation count so people don't ask why are we hearing Celtic songs at Canada?

truthfully at this stage it's hard to add any single country without hurting another or that snubbed feeling. if I were to try to add anything at this point I think I'd make it an "international" exhibit that that allowed many cultures to take part. or that would ratate so there would always be a new culture to pick up on whenever you visited.

all that said though if it had to be one new perminent country I would vote Moscow. and, despite knowing nothing of the upcoming film other than Kristen bell being a voice I figure Disney can focus on the colder aspects of Russia and somehow incorporate a dark ride with the cast of Disney's "frozen" which apparently is supposed to come out November

Im actually looking forward to that movie, but I thought it took place in Scandinavia??? If it does, it makes me wonder if they would do a Frozen overlay into Maelstrom. The thing is a mess of mildew and chipped paint and broken effects as it is.

litaljohn

Im actually looking forward to that movie, but I thought it took place in Scandinavia??? If it does, it makes me wonder if they would do a Frozen overlay into Maelstrom. The thing is a mess of mildew and chipped paint and broken effects as it is.
it probably does take place in Scandinavia, haha I literally just googled "animated Disney movies" trying to think of a nice cold tie in and frozen was the very first title mentioned and went looking no further than that. it's apparently a new adaptation of the snow queen. facing "everest like extremes" it does seem pretty interesting though. given some of the character descriptions

Brer Josh

Australia

- Table Service: Steakhouse or Seafood Restaurant.
- Quick Service: Genuine Australian food (meat pies, sausage rolls, Prawns etc).
- Ride: Mine Cart Ride with Ducktales.
- Attraction#1: History of Australia doco hosted by Hugh Jackman / Russell Crowe / Cate Blanchett similar to Canada.
- Attractions#2: Australian land marks (Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Ayers Rock etc).
- Meet and Greet: The Rescuers, Launchpad.

aladdin2007

Australia

- Table Service: Steakhouse or Seafood Restaurant.
- Quick Service: Genuine Australian food (meat pies, sausage rolls, Prawns etc).
- Ride: Mine Cart Ride with Ducktales.
- Attraction#1: History of Australia doco hosted by Hugh Jackman / Russell Crowe / Cate Blanchett similar to Canada.
- Attractions#2: Australian land marks (Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Ayers Rock etc).
- Meet and Greet: The Rescuers, Launchpad.

Dont forget Nicole Kidman lol

aladdin2007

it probably does take place in Scandinavia, haha I literally just googled "animated Disney movies" trying to think of a nice cold tie in and frozen was the very first title mentioned and went looking no further than that. it's apparently a new adaptation of the snow queen. facing "everest like extremes" it does seem pretty interesting though. given some of the character descriptions

ah ok well the snow queen is Danish so time to build that long planned Denmark pavilion with legos and frozen.

Calvin Coolidge

I'm actually having a really hard time visualizing an Australia pavilion. One of the crucial things that ties together all the pavilions of World Showcase is a distinct and recognizable style of traditional architecture. What is that for Australia? I've spent a bit of time travelling around Australia and can't for the life of me think of anything distinct that could be reproduced in WS.

The second most important thing about a pavilion is the food. I am pessimistic about the possibility of crafting a menu for even one Australia-themed restaurant, much less two or three.

Oz seems like a much better fit for DAK, either an Outback area or a rainforest area.

aladdin2007

I'm actually having a really hard time visualizing an Australia pavilion. One of the crucial things that ties together all the pavilions of World Showcase is a distinct and recognizable style of traditional architecture. What is that for Australia? I've spent a bit of time travelling around Australia and can't for the life of me think of anything distinct that could be reproduced in WS.

The second most important thing about a pavilion is the food. I am pessimistic about the possibility of crafting a menu for even one Australia-themed restaurant, much less two or three.

Oz seems like a much better fit for DAK, either an Outback area or a rainforest area.

The Sydney Opera House..................Oz would be better at the Studios, that movie raked in 80 million this weekend. wow.

Artist18

Frozen does take place in Scandinavia. Sweden I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom