Which Park Would You Skip?

Which Park Would You Skip?

• Total voters

bethymouse

if AK truly will be getting an "Avatarland", then it may be worth it. I just don't like to go to a park where I ride 4 rides, maybe catch 2 shows, and watch animals in their UN- natural habitat.:( I want to love it, but we've skipped it before, as well as DHS. But, if CARSLAND really is coming to DHS, then we won't ever skip it!:D Right now it's just 3 rides that draw us there EPCOT is great, but will be missing TT this time.:( MK hands down is the best! The 3 mountains are legendary!;)

ParentsOf4

Love EPCOT TOO! But not when test track is down.:(
Even with Test Track down, Epcot is a great park. Spend a few hours in the morning in Future World, have a nice fresh lunch at the Sunshine Seasons, head towards the World Showcase in the afternoon (especially when it's in the mid 70s and sunny), do a bit of shopping, a bit of snacking, a bit of drinking, watch the sun set wondering where the day went. Have a nice dinner at one of a dozen restaurants. Do a few more attractions. Find a good spot for Illuminations with another adult beverage in hand. If you still have the energy, head over to the Boardwalk for an hour or two.

I can't imagine how anyone could vote for Epcot as the one park to skip.

ratherbeinwdw

Even with Test Track down, Epcot is a great park. Spend a few hours in the morning in Future World, have a nice fresh lunch at the Sunshine Seasons, head towards the World Showcase in the afternoon (especially when it's in the mid 70s and sunny), do a bit of shopping, a bit of snacking, a bit of drinking, watch the sun set wondering where the day went. Have a nice dinner at one of a dozen restaurants. Do a few more attractions. Find a good spot for Illuminations with another adult beverage in hand. If you still have the energy, head over to the Boardwalk for an hour or two.

I can't imagine how anyone could vote for Epcot as the one park to skip.
I think you kind of answered your own question. He's only 16, probably doesn't care about shopping, is too young to drink, and with TT down, only a few things he would enjoy.
I'm with you guys, but I understand his chose for his age.

ParentsOf4

I think you kind of answered you own question. He's only 16, probably doesn't care about shopping, is too young to drink, and with TT down, only a few things he would enjoy.
I'm with you guys, but I understand his chose for his age.
Yes but at the moment there are 10 more votes for (or against depending on how you look at it) Epcot. I'm trying to understand what was on their minds when they voted Epcot.:)

Lucky for us, the Animal Kingdom is putting the competition to shame!

ratherbeinwdw

Yes but at the moment there are 10 more votes for (or against depending on how you look at it) Epcot. I'm trying to understand what was on their minds when they voted Epcot.:)

Lucky for us, the Animal Kingdom is putting the competition to shame!
Oh, didn't go back and read. Sorry. I thought he was the only one who picked Epcot.
Wow.

ParentsOf4

Looks like Animal Kingdom in a runaway.
What's really interesting is that the oldest park has the fewest votes, the second oldest park has the second fewest votes, the third oldest park has the second most votes, and the newest park has the most votes (by alot). It suggests that Disney is getting worse at building theme parks (at least in Orlando).

More than ever, The Walt Disney Company needs Walt Disney.

rkelly42

I would choose DHS, the shows just do not appeal to me. Backlot tour, indiana jones bore me. AK I am kind of fond of, I enjoy the outdoors and nature. On a side note who could possibly choose to skip MK???

luv

I strongly think that everyone should spend at least one day in all the parks before dismissing them...and then skip DHS. ;) :)

Susan Savia

There is not near as much to do in AK as in the others. On some visits to AK, we'll ride the Safari and then Dinosaur and out we go to another park.

Jane Whalebones

For us, Animal Kingdom! We have made 8 trips and we visited AK only twice. Not saying we dont like AK, just not our favorite. Our 7 day trip in June, we visited MK 4 days and the one day we were at AK it stormed...:(

jmorri26

I didn't go through the middle pages of comments but who the heck said MK? I hope that was a misclick.

AK for me, by a landslide. I just don't like it. We go, go on the 3 things worth doing there then get the heck out.

I think a big reason is if you grew up with these parks. AK opened after years of going to WDW for me without it, so it never will feel like Disney to me the same way the other 3 do. I'm sure many have that experience with MGM (I still cant call it DHS) and less with Epcot.

rob0519

What's really interesting is that the oldest park has the fewest votes, the second oldest park has the second fewest votes, the third oldest park has the second most votes, and the newest park has the most votes (by alot). It suggests that Disney is getting worse at building theme parks (at least in Orlando).

More than ever, The Walt Disney Company needs Walt Disney.

Nice analysis. I didn't even think of looking at the results that way.

Mr.Skunkape

Voted Epcot with that short of a trip with 2 kids under 10 they would kill me if I told them that We would spend most of one day shopping,drinking and eating. If you do not have children you see the parks totally different than visiters with young kids.

PolynesianPrincess

It's a tough choice but count me in with the majority that says AK. MK is ALWAYS number 1 for me and my sister loves DHS so we HAVE to go to those 2 parks. I like Epcot but I don't LOVE it. Being an animal lover we really like AK and spend a full day there everytime we go (except last November but that's cause we didn't have enough time and with our ADR's we had to go to Epcot the morning we wanted to go there.) AK and Epcot tie for the bottom park for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom